1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

Not really a lot of info. How long ago did you see it? Was it new or pre-owned? How complicated? My father previously owned a Patek 5015 in yg. It had black hands, a white porcelain dial, and subdials for small seconds, moonphase, and power reserve. I also liked the officer's case with gold hinged back, which could be opened to a saphire display back to show the movement. It could also have been PAtek 5054 which was almost the same except for different bezel, Roman Numerals, and they added a date around the moonphase. Those might be two of my best guesses. Many of Pateks complicated pieces use gold hands rather than black. There have also been some very basic time only Patek's with hob nail bezels that had black hands and often a hob nail bezel. Good luck.
    One of the few clothing brands using nice movements is Ralph Lauren. Many of his watches use JLC movements. But for what they cost, I'd rather have a JLC watch.

2. sammy

sammy Senior Member

Just added this beauty to my collection....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's his younger brother on a braided Nato...
    [​IMG]

3. Keal19

Keal19 Senior Member

[​IMG]

First post in this thread as I've (hopefully) got something worthy of posting from a recent black tie event I went to.

Bought this watch a few months ago for my 21st birthday as its a Rolex Cellini from 1991! Much prefer vintage rolex's to any of the current offerings, just a shame I don't get enough events to get wear it!

4. Keal19

Keal19 Senior Member

[​IMG]

First post in this thread as I've (hopefully) got something worthy of posting from a recent black tie event I went to.

Bought this watch a few months ago for my 21st birthday as its a Rolex Cellini from 1991! Much prefer vintage rolex's to any of the current offerings, just a shame I don't get enough events to get wear it!

5. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

Nice.
    I would get a black band.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i like the lugs a lot. pretty good all around. who makes it for them?

yup, yup and yup.

very classy. and you dont need a function to wear it. any day will do, in my book. :)

7. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

Nice find! Very cool vintage Omega...although I'm not a fan of the strap. Some of their designs from the 70s are a lot of fun.
    Congrats on your Cellini. They are often overlooked in favor of their Oyster cased siblings, but they are a nice choice. Enjoy it and find occasions to wear it to. Don't just save it for black tie events.

8. Hayward

Hayward Distinguished Member

I do believe that the vintage Dynamics come with that type of strap. It was integral to the design. I think it's very cool. The Cellini is very cool too.

9. Hampton

Hampton Distinguished Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

10. in stitches

11. Hampton

Really? You think the price is to high?

12. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

it is. movt looks like a very basic unmodfied 7750. however, the rubi description states its a 49 jewel...which i find odd. standard 7750 has 23 jewels, and a rolex sub has 31 jewels. i cant name any watch offhand at the moment with a 49 jewel movement. oh well. if anyone is in love with them, wait a few years and youll see em on ebay for a couple hundred.

13. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

id like to hear your opinion on the cellini....ive been wanting one for awhile but im not realy familiar with the line...nobody in nashville has one for me to man handle.

14. in stitches

i think that for what movement i imagine is in the watch, it is likely overpriced. but, if one has the cash, and is only concerned with looks, why not? there is far worse out there, for more.

+1 to the jewel count. i also noticed that and was taken aback. there some langes i think with jewel counts that high, maybe it was GO, but defo german. and some other swiss high multi complication models, but for a watch like that, 49 is very odd.

:confused:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

15. Hampton

When you guys talk about jewel count what do you mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.