• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its not the thickness of the case with some of the reversos for me. its the width and height. on my wrist instead of looking elegant its looks teeny tiny.

well ya in that case, proportionally, depending on one's size it would look small. I'm lean and thin so it looks and fits fine on me. :satisfied:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well ya in that case, proportionally, depending on one's size it would look small. I'm lean and thin so it looks and fits fine on me. :satisfied:

i hate you forever you skinny bastard. :)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few photos of my other rose gold VC. It has a manual wind movement. The case is asymetric and if you look closely, you will see the edges of the Roman numerals mirror the asymetric case shape. The buckle for the deployant clasp also follows the case shape. Patek, AP, VC and Cartier have all done versions of asymetric cased watches in he past. So far I only have three true dress watches and none of them have a round case. Not sure if that is a theme I will continue with for dress watches or if I will eventually add a round dress watch to the mix.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i hate you forever you skinny bastard. :)

:lol: well conversely some very cool larger watches don't fit me... so there are both pros and cons to being a skinny bastard :happy:

Here are a few photos of my other rose gold VC. 

this is ******* sick! I dig it... you've got some nice pieces Dino!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
44mm case with a big spacer to accommodate a smallish movement is always fail for me. In this case, it's also the reason for the awkward date window placement

It's a pretty dial for sure

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^The Duometer collection is pretty hit or miss imo. The new 40.5mm Duometer Lunaire is a real winner though!

Btw, how are people posting pics on the new forum? None of my embedded links via PhotoBucket seem to work.

I was more just dazzled by the video that shows the gyro in action and the complications working inside... it's a bit TOO crazy for me, but interesting.

in the little toolbar above the editor, click on the "picture" to the left of the paperclip... put the url in there... :nodding:

Last edited:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree with you here. I'm all for marvels of engineering, but I want some classiness when it comes to my watch.

without a doubt I agree. It's just like you said... a marvel of engineering. That's what I found so amazing. You could probably fly the space shuttle with that damn thing! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads