• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what happens when one of these modified watches is sent to Rolex for service?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are pissed. In the paperwork rolex sends back after service it clearly states, any non-original parts constitute counterfeit by federal law.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what happens when one of these modified watches is sent to Rolex for service?

Rolex will refuse to service any watch that isn't 100% authentic, that is in the states at least. It's my understanding that things may vary a bit from country to country. However no worries, they'll make whatever necessary adjustments to return the watch to 100% original. Of course this owner will have to pay for all necessary adjustments.

However most owners of watches such as these understand this, and there are number of other alternative places to get a Rolex serviced.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolex will refuse to service any watch that isn't 100% authentic, that is in the states at least. It's my understanding that things may vary a bit from country to country. However no worries, they'll make whatever necessary adjustments to return the watch to 100% original. Of course this owner will have to pay for all necessary adjustments.

However most owners of watches such as these understand this, and there are number of other alternative places to get a Rolex serviced.

Same deal in Canada.

ExhibitA

Reaction score
I wonder what Rolex would do if you sent in a Bamford modified Rolex for regular service.. Would they send it back to you or would they restore it and send you an invoice?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder what Rolex would do if you sent in a Bamford modified Rolex for regular service.. Would they send it back to you or would they restore it and send you an invoice?

They keep it and send you a letter informing you that you are a douchebag for buying a PVD'd Rolex.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They keep it and send you a letter informing you that you are a douchebag for buying a PVD'd Rolex.

:laugh:

I do wonder if they would have any legal standing in retaining your watch as recourse for buying counterfeit or creating counterfeit goods. Would be interesting to know how that would all play out.

In reality as well, I wonder what they do. Do they give you the option to take the watch back as is or do they force you to pay for the repairs and hold your watch hostage until then. Anybody here have experience with that?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
New bezel...

ojq91u.jpg

2jagkf9.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Moo, forgive my ignorance, what what IS that?! Awesome industrial-looking bezel anyway. Your desk knows it's been dived now!

BBDC, the last one by a mile. Steel also looks better on you than gold; more manly. Same for the black face and bracelet. But I'm a little biased about these things. Size-wise, the middle one is fine. But a bit of chunk on the RO is no bad thing, and I think the third one suits you beautifully.*

*Possibly without the diamonds.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that "C" looks best, as "A" looks too large and "B" might be almost a bit too small (although I think that you could get away with it).

Please, please, please tell me that you were just trying on "B" and "C" for size and that you are not considering buying a watch with a diamond-encrusted bezel.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks guys! Of course I won't be wearing watches with gauche and 'please-look'at-how-wealthy-I-am' diamonds. I'm trying them on for size before they bring in the model I'm after! :slayer:

Stupid sales assistant tried to sell me the most expensive watch (not pictured), insisting the largest watch face was right for my wrist. Bah!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
If you did, it would still not be the campest thing worn on (or endorsed by) Styleforum.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Moo--since this is TWAT, and we love explanations, care to describe how you came to this decision? It is quite an intriguing looking watch, and it is quite different from what is currently in your stable (if my memory serves me correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads