The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I would strongly recommend Cut which Is Wolfgang Puck's steakhouse in the Venetian. I had a great dinner there for my best friend's bachelor party and its not typical Wolfgang - more restrained and there are both wet and dry aged options as well as real Japanese wagyu. It's awesome.

2. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

If that is yours, that is amazing. Is it from the guy in Washington state? I am planning a commission for my Reverso soon.

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Stitchy - than Nomos is growing one me, too.

I have been trying to get a shot of how the crystal case sides of the DeVille Hour Vision can really catch the light even when the watch is on the wrist. This is the best I have been able to do so far:

[​IMG]

I have worn this watch each day this week, and as of this morning it was running at +3 seconds - TOTAL - over that time. Very impressive for a 4 1/2 year old watch approaching the time for its first servicing. Omega really did sweat the details in seeking to make these new cal 8500 and 9300 series movements exceptionally accurate.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

buy me one please?
    hate to say this, but, that is freaking amazing.
    see above, first comment of mine. :)
    looks quite cool.

5. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fun fact; The Las vegas Tao is the highest grossing restaurant in the country (though a bit of a cheat since it is more than a restaurant). Del Frisco's NY location is the second. For a long, long time, first place honors went to Tavern on the green in Central Park.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Congrats! Looks great! I'm, sure its a great feeling to truly make the watch "Yours."

7. no frills

no frills Senior member

Quote:I. Love. This. Congrats!

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

That engraving is unbelievable. Just an outstanding job. That is what a Reverso is made for!

9. Champagnedreams

Champagnedreams Active Member

Awesome watch and amazing car. The interior of the car was a bit off for me at first, but have grown to like it. Personally, I think the Zonda is much more menacing,

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:nodding:

a - who did the engraving, and do you mind to say what the charge was? PM me if you want to keep it private. i want to do mine on the back plate.

11. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

Awesomeness

I've been to both Cut and Tao - to be honest I was little disappointed with the Cut, but it may have been just that day. Still a great time there though and the restaurant is beautiful

TAO was fantastic..

12. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

Cool. One of my brothers recently came for a visit to Norway, and he brought this baby... [​IMG] ...so there's another expired-dictator watch in the thread! He'd been holding onto it since 2008 when he picked it up as a joke gift in Beijing. He was there to cheer for another brother at the Olympics. I had just taken a new job shortly before... bad timing on that. Anyway, what I like about this one is that Mao is attached to the pallet fork, so he briskly and tirelessly waves at 18000 bph. I've actually worn it a few times and I can't help but crack a smile when I see the arm flapping. It's a fun watch.

13. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Don't do that. We ALL want to know!

That's brilliant! Is it actually from the Mao era?

I have spent some time in Iraq (2005-7), but got mine a long time before that: the father of a school friend of mine was Iraqi, and a regional governor in Iraq in the 80s. He gave it to me in about '89, along with a bunch of cigars he'd been given with a picture of Tariq Aziz on the band. T.A. had apparently been given a pile of them during a visit to Cuba, and as they don't last forever and nobody's humidor is that big, passed them around. Some snotty English teenager - who would later work for the British Government, including in post-Saddam Iraq - was probably as far from the intended recipient as imaginable!

14. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

The idea of Mao waving at 18000 BPH would make me laugh! Must be every entertaining.

I've seen a watch with Bill Clinton's image, and as the seconds pass his nose grows like Pinocchio.

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

that wasn't his nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.