• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carterneeld

Reaction score
Can someone here tell me how wide the lapels on Drake's jackets are? I am hunting for a tweed jacket and there's something about the lapels on a lot of jackets (Cavour, Natalino, Ango-Italian, Spier & Mackey) that are just so wide that it throws me off. It makes me feel like in five years I would look back and say "hmm... that doesn't really have that timeless quality I was hoping for."

The silhouette of a Drake's blazer seems less ostentatious to me, but maybe I'm wrong and am just spending too much time on Instagram and SF. Is the lapel not as wide? The only other maker that I've come across that seems a little similar is Berg & Berg.

Would love to hear anyone's recommendations on a tweed/herringbone/POW-check blazer. These fall days in New York really have me itching (pun intended) to get one soon.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Cool cool cool 👌! Navy corduroy is nice.

I’ve been really inspired by this Drake’s fit recently. The bright green is bit bold for me but looks really nice on Mr. Jules

I think my heavy linen chore jacket is the same color (this color is brighter than that of tjs121). It really stands out during summer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-115142__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220930-115142__01__01.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Can someone here tell me how wide the lapels on Drake's jackets are? I am hunting for a tweed jacket and there's something about the lapels on a lot of jackets (Cavour, Natalino, Ango-Italian, Spier & Mackey) that are just so wide that it throws me off. It makes me feel like in five years I would look back and say "hmm... that doesn't really have that timeless quality I was hoping for."

The silhouette of a Drake's blazer seems less ostentatious to me, but maybe I'm wrong and am just spending too much time on Instagram and SF. Is the lapel not as wide? The only other maker that I've come across that seems a little similar is Berg & Berg.

Would love to hear anyone's recommendations on a tweed/herringbone/POW-check blazer. These fall days in New York really have me itching (pun intended) to get one soon.
I suspect that wouldn't be the case, unless you bought a jacket with comically large lapels. Lapels are definitely getting larger and are likely to remain so for quite a while. Certainly longer than 5 years. Look how long skinny lapels stuck around for. Nearly 20. Personally I find larger lapels far more flattering and stylish and am glad to see them making a return

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
I suspect that wouldn't be the case, unless you bought a jacket with comically large lapels. Lapels are definitely getting larger and are likely to remain so for quite a while. Certainly longer than 5 years. Look how long skinny lapels stuck around for. Nearly 20. Personally I find larger lapels far more flattering and stylish and am glad to see them making a return

I think Drake's hits a nice middle ground. They're wider than the 3.25" that's a kind of "golden mean" for must modern MTM tailoring, yet they don't hit a width that feels too aggressive. I don't have any Drake's tailoring at this time but I'd guess they're close to 3.5"

8x8

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference in cut/fit/feel between Drake's tailored suits and The Armoury's Model 3 suits?

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adding to the question, do you size the same?

Wont comment on the cut/feel aspect as I don’t own any drakes suiting but I go TTS in the model 3 and could comfortably got up one on the model 1. It’s a touch on the long side for me but I have short arms.

Henry S

Reaction score
Wont comment on the cut/feel aspect as I don’t own any drakes suiting but I go TTS in the model 3 and could comfortably got up one on the model 1. It’s a touch on the long side for me but I have short arms.
What I meant is if I'm size 50 in model 3 am I size 50 (40) with Drake's?

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference in cut/fit/feel between Drake's tailored suits and The Armoury's Model 3 suits?
I read (somewhere on the Internet) that the Armoury's suits are cut more for Asian body types; I would assume Drake's might be cut more for European/North American body types.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Armoury's Ring Jacket models are not the standard Ring Jacket models, which have 3 digit model numbers, generally.

Professor_3

Reaction score
Yoooo it looks like their prices have gone down. Definitely going to get that belt now :)

UPDATE:
Looks like I was on the wrong site... Very sorry to get everyone's hopes up! I went to drakes.com and was prompted with a pop-up stating "Drakes ships to United States / Shop in USD $ / Get shipping options for United States." I clicked "shop now" on that pop-up and everything was in USD at lower prices (e.g. OCBD's at $197, knitted ties at $163, jeans at $332). Anticipating future price increases, I added a few items to my cart and tried to check out. However, the check-out page doesn't have the US as a shipping option (despite showing everything in $USD). Looks like I need to go to us.drakes.com where the same items are noticeably higher (e.g. OCBD's at $275, knitted ties at $225, jeans at $450). Suffice it to say, I did not make a purchase :(

Seems like they're still figuring out their new website - it doesn't seem correct for a site to show a pop-up to ship to the US, display prices in USD, but not let US customers buy anything and instead make them figure out they're on the wrong website.
I saw the same thing today! The UK site lists a shirt for $200 USD but when I tried to purchase the shirt it directed me to the US site which sells the same shirt for $275 USD!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads