• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Why are you assuming that Michael Hill isn't behind the egregious price hikes?

I'm not a Mark Cho apologist. However, The Armoury doesn't show the same pattern of decreasing make or quality of their garments while concomitantly raising prices.

Mark Cho has also done heaps for the menswear community, lets not forget.
I heard on a podcast, I think it was Hand Cut Radio, that Mark Cho leaves all the major decisions with Drakes to Michael Hill.

carterneeld

Reaction score
Almost cheaper to fly to UK, stock up on Drakes, fly home.

I was actually just thinking about this. Not the flight, but this should be an excellent opportunity to buy some Drake's. I realize that there isn't a way to buy from their website, but are the UK proxies or anything like that? at $800 the new Games blazer is pretty enticing, at $1200 it is not.

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
I was actually just thinking about this. Not the flight, but this should be an excellent opportunity to buy some Drake's. I realize that there isn't a way to buy from their website, but are the UK proxies or anything like that? at $800 the new Games blazer is pretty enticing, at $1200 it is not.
happy to help in any way, dm me

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so at the Pound's current conversion and assuming an $800 round trip from major east coast airports into London, you're looking at coming out on top if your purchasing at least $2500 worth of Drake's clothing. If that number crosses $4k worth of clothing, you can get a hotel and nice dinner and still come out on top.

ninzer33

Reaction score
As someone who has purchased all of their Drake's items either secondhand or at the NYC sample sales, the latest round of pricing is eye wateringly expensive and certainly pushes the brand into a whole new echelon of clientele.

While I like the alternatives mentioned in this thread, I agree that no one quite nails the colors/fit quite like Drake's.

Treble

Reaction score
Given the £ is the toilet right now, and that everything apart from shirts, woolens and ties are made outside England, they may be insulating themselves because their supplier costs are going to go up.

mariokart24

Reaction score
In the UK the VAT is 20% (+ your country's VAT)

Thanks. I’m in the US. But my brother lives in London. If he purchases on my behalf and ships it to me, what price is he going to pay? The price in GBP that shows up on the Drakes site? Or that price + 20%?

Psyko

Reaction score
Any owners of the suede chore coat in rust? Contemplating buying it. How is the feel of the suede and quality of make? It is quite steep, but the best chore coat I've seen. Looks really rugged.

And are the online measurements correct?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads