• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nprose

Reaction score
Are you on US site? I added a shaggy dog to cart and tried to check out and said my address isn't available and when I switched to US site price went up.
Yea, you're right...bummer

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I’ll be in NYC next week and thinking of visiting the Drake’s store. What are some of the prices there in USD? For example the Japanese selvedge raw denim?

I’ve also seen that there will be a pop up by Permanentstyle with Rubato.

A6EA7355-5416-4723-8486-1B19DE7341B8.jpeg

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll be in NYC next week and thinking of visiting the Drake’s store. What are some of the prices there in USD? For example the Japanese selvedge raw denim?

View attachment 1842993
In general doesn't American stores have kind of the worst relative prices? If you're also converting from a uk or eu based currency that's probably a bad deal.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
In general doesn't American stores have kind of the worst relative prices? If you're also converting from a uk or eu based currency that's probably a bad deal.
Converting from EUR but using Revolut card so forex loss coming from fees should be limited (apart from the actual exchange rate of course).

Ancestral Star

Reaction score

View attachment 1842993

The prices at the NY shop are the same as the prices on the US website. And then there's the additional 8.875% NY state sales tax added on top. Which I gather you could have deducted at the airport; not sure how that works.

Mujib

Reaction score
What do you think - if anything - of their continuous use of shop staff in their marketing and lookbooks etc?
Who does their marketing? That front page image is comedy. Actually, all of the "regular people" shots are laughable.

cristofromkensington

Reaction score
What do you think - if anything - of their continuous use of shop staff in their marketing and lookbooks etc?
I don’t like it. It makes their clothes look unflattering and ugly. Half of them don’t even fit into what they’re wearing; the jeans are two sizes too big, pinching at the top, and cut or cuffed at the bottoms because they’re too long. It just looks like a cheap way of advertising clothes. If you didn’t know they were staff, you might just think they were a clothing brand that catered exclusively to people who were really short and overweight, or really tall and skinny.

Treble

Reaction score
Not that I care much but they use professional models (at least 3) in that perennials shoot, but also include other looks. I'm in favour of the diversity this brings. And as you will know, clothes are often tailored or at least pinned / clipped for a better fit in shoots. It's refreshing if things look like they might when you go to try them on yourself.

I think the cheap way of doing it is to hire one or two models with a typical physique to the brand and make them wear everything whether it suits them or not.

Zc94

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have some sweaters from Howlin’, looking to get some Shetland from Drake’s. Can anyone compare their qualities? Pricing and styles aside… thanks!

monday100

Reaction score
The prices at the NY shop are the same as the prices on the US website. And then there's the additional 8.875% NY state sales tax added on top. Which I gather you could have deducted at the airport; not sure how that works.

Wait does that mean buying instore is more expensive than online?

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Wait does that mean buying instore is more expensive than online?

Yes, that's how it's been for me in the past. Buying online, they ship from the UK and no VAT is added. Buying in the shop, they add NY state sales tax as all stores have to.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I don’t like it. It makes their clothes look unflattering and ugly. Half of them don’t even fit into what they’re wearing; the jeans are two sizes too big, pinching at the top, and cut or cuffed at the bottoms because they’re too long. It just looks like a cheap way of advertising clothes. If you didn’t know they were staff, you might just think they were a clothing brand that catered exclusively to people who were really short and overweight, or really tall and skinny.
I have come to realize that all my Drakes' shirts are a little short in the sleeves ( I am tall) but I still like them. Seeing other people (even the professional shop staff) just kinda fitting the clothes makes me feel all warm and included inside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads