• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trg12

Reaction score
Do you guys wash Games cotton suits in the machine? Have you noticed shrinkage (particularly for cotton-linens)?

Treble

Reaction score
Did this get discussed? Nothing new / standout but this kind of editorial sums up what works about Drake's for me.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Did this get discussed? Nothing new / standout but this kind of editorial sums up what works about Drake's for me.

Same thoughts. Nothing new. The thing with letting the corner of one of the shirt collar "pop up" though, feels like I've seen it a thousand times now.

Treble

Reaction score
Same thoughts. Nothing new. The thing with letting the corner of one of the shirt collar "pop up" though, feels like I've seen it a thousand times now.

To be fair this is the 'perennials'. Interested to see what comes out as part of whatever counts as their AW collection - expecting weird colour blocked knits, fair-isle or Norwegian in weird patterns etc.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
To be fair this is the 'perennials'. Interested to see what comes out as part of whatever counts as their AW collection - expecting weird colour blocked knits, fair-isle or Norwegian in weird patterns etc.
Yes, they usually excel in their AW lookbooks. I am looking forward to it.

henrip

Reaction score
I found this Perennials lookbook to be interesting as an idea and actually suprinsingly inspirational. I liked the idea of models’ own worn in clothes and it felt like the styling was their own and not by someone else (might not be completely true but that’s how I felt while sipping morning coffee and suffering a terrible hangover 😅… Drake’s saved the day). Nice to see women in the lookbook as well!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think - if anything - of their continuous use of shop staff in their marketing and lookbooks etc?
I like it. So much more relatable to see normal people than to see the 185 cm 71 kg model that wears a size 36 jacket and 30 trousers on every add you see.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the idea of a lookbook where people are wearing clothes they've already owned and worn well is a great concept. Also, am I crazy or did they drop the prices of "perennial" items?
Are you on US site? I added a shaggy dog to cart and tried to check out and said my address isn't available and when I switched to US site price went up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry S

Reaction score
I think the idea of a lookbook where people are wearing clothes they've already owned and worn well is a great concept. Also, am I crazy or did they drop the prices of "perennial" items?
Now they don't deduct VAT (worked before on the new website).
Sent them an email, and still waiting for an answer

Bateman233

Reaction score
What do you think - if anything - of their continuous use of shop staff in their marketing and lookbooks etc?
Puts me off. Not a fan. I prefer seeing the glamorized vision of an outfit. Gives me that "maybe I can kind of look like this beautiful ideal"....Instead, seeing a bunch of pudgy Peter Pans all wearing the same thing makes it all look unattractive. In general, not a fan of the shop boy culture with brands like Drake's or J Muesser. It all looks like cosplay. Are these guys even making enough to afford these clothes at regular price while also living in NY?

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Puts me off. Not a fan. I prefer seeing the glamorized vision of an outfit. Gives me that "maybe I can kind of look like this beautiful ideal"....Instead, seeing a bunch of pudgy Peter Pans all wearing the same thing makes it all look unattractive. In general, not a fan of the shop boy culture with brands like Drake's or J Muesser. It all looks like cosplay. Are these guys even making enough to afford these clothes at regular price while also living in NY?
Fair enough. But then they still use actual, glamorous, models. They tend to alternate/mix between normal people and glamorous people with subsequent look books.

Perhaps covid played a role as well. They used to travel a lot before covid hit, and then from 2020 on they did more and more shoots in London. So then it makes even more sense to use local people.

As an example, below pics imho could just as well have come from e.g. Burberry/Gucci/Hermes/Etc.

0A7E5FF6-D594-486A-9B15-D3FF499ED4EB.jpeg
D89EBE4D-BE83-4E72-B091-F60748281D32.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads