• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetl

Reaction score
I received a cream oxford shirt from the archive sale in the mail today, and I’m genuinely a little confused by the quality. The entire shirt is spackled with small brownish dots, almost like the sort of thing you’d find on a linen shirt. The fabric is also decidedly more lightweight than a standard oxford (also not unlike linen), or at least the ones I’ve handled in the past. There is no indication on Drake’s site that any of their oxfords are like this as far as I was aware.

View attachment 1615041

View attachment 1615042

View attachment 1615043

View attachment 1615044

The SKU seems to match up with what my order confirmation indicates I purchased (though the description indicating “Multi Plain” instead of cream is curious).

I’m wondering if anyone has any first hand familiarity with these shirts and can weigh in? I’ve been looking for a nice cream oxford for some time but not sure the discount is steep enough to warrant keeping it. At this point I’m leaning toward returning it and just going with Mercer and Sons for a little bit more money.

Honestly a big disappointment unless they perhaps just sent me the wrong shirt, which would also be a disappointment I guess lol

Any thoughts?

I bought this same cream oxford during the last archive sale—it is definitely a much lighter weight than any other oxfords that I own. It's the only one I've ever purchased from Drake's, so I can't say anything about their shirts in general, but this one is noticeably light. But mine does not have any of the brown spots that yours does.

VK1234

Reaction score
I bought this same cream oxford during the last archive sale—it is definitely a much lighter weight than any other oxfords that I own. It's the only one I've ever purchased from Drake's, so I can't say anything about their shirts in general, but this one is noticeably light. But mine does not have any of the brown spots that yours does.
I also got the cream Oxford and mine also came with all the brown specks. It is also lighter than my other oxfords but the material still feels great!

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Sad to report that the Brown, Green and Burgundy Houndstooth jacket is probably going back. The fit is impeccable, but unless I'm mistaken, the jacket is entirely uncanvassed. There's a 3x5" piece of what appears to be fusible interlining near the armpit area on the interior of the jacket and that's it.

It's one thing for a jacket like this to not have any canvassing but for Drake's to advertise "Half-Canvas Construction" is unacceptable, especially at the prices they charge. I'm curious if this design was a one-off or perhaps some of their other tweeds are made the same way but this lack of transparency leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I had this issue late last year, and posted some pics of the interior on here. I tried two tweeds from last season and both were fused with no canvas. It really doesn’t work for me as I need at least some light structure and I wouldn’t have purchased had I known. You’re right, advertising as half-canvas is appalling.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice polo but what's the significance of the logo. I get the D is for Drakes but the other is a "C"?? And it stands for?

cas-80cot-21255-007_lr.jpg

Dadacantona

Reaction score
That may be true in most instances, but with these drakes tweeds the fusing is literally paper thin, giving the jackets very little structure. May be fine for some people but for me they were very rumpled in the chest and wore like a completely unstructured jacket.

kentpope

Reaction score
That may be true in most instances, but with these drakes tweeds the fusing is literally paper thin, giving the jackets very little structure.

It’s actually even less substantial than that. The paper-thin “fusing” on the Drake’s jacket is literally just a small piece of fabric covering some of the area surrounding the armpit. It’s presumably there to offer some reinforcement against tension caused by your arms moving, but that’s it. It’s actually so thin I have a hard time imagining it doing much of anything at all but it’s there, though only near the armholes and not behind the chest area.

From the article linked above:

“All garments – fully-canvassed, half-canvassed, or fused – will have a floating chest piece, so feeling a distinct layer there means nothing.”

The point I’d like to reiterate here is that the Drake’s jacket does not have a floating chest piece. At all. It‘s just an outer shell, butterfly lining for the sleeves, and some pockets sewn in.

It’s of course totally fine for them to make their jackets this way if they wish, but I agree that actively marketing them as having “half canvas construction” is appalling.

Last edited:

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Just received an Oxford regular fit white shirt. It seems far thinner than any Oxford shirt I’ve ever owned and is cut long like a dress shirt. Anyone had one of these from drakes? I know some oxfords are smarter than others but this is truly a thin material and seems a ridiculous price to charge for it

Trevallon

Reaction score
They are not heavyweight oxfords, it's true. I have a couple from Land's End that are much "meatier" indeed...

But they don't have the Drake's collar (which to me is already worth a premium), they are not made in Dorset but in India and they just don't fit like Drake's. I actually like the lighter fabric.

So, if you are asking me: I don't think the price is ridiculous at all, especially during the sale.

Last edited:

GabrielJF

Reaction score
They are not heavyweight oxfords, it's true. I have a couple from Land's End that are much "meatier" indeed...

But they don't have the Drake's collar (which to me is worth already worth a premium), they are not made in Dorset but in India and they just don't fit like Drake's. I actually like the lighter fabric.

So, if you are asking me: I don't think the price is ridiculous at all, especially during the sale.
hmmm fair enough! I was just surprised by quite how obvious my chest hair was behind the material. Not usually what you want from an Oxford. Or any shirt in fact. Perhaps it’s just smarter than the slubbier material that I like!

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting for archive orders? I ordered last Thursday but never received a confirmation email. Customer services confirmed the order was received and that Crosby St were handling it. As yet I have not received shipping confirmation and customer service say they have contacted Crosby street for an update without reply.
I’m not the type to become impatient but it’s a bit disconcerting when no one seems to know what’s going 8 days after ordering.

jalebi

Reaction score
Final haul from the archive sale:
  • Teddy polo coat
  • Waxed linen D43 jacket
  • Corduroy blanket blouson
  • Surf breaker jacket
  • Donegal integrated collar jumper
  • Cashmere intarsia golf jumper
Regrettably they sent me the Teddy polo coat in a 42 (I ordered a 40) and it's a bit too large for me, so it's going to be going back. The D43 is a beautiful fabric, but the cut and the epaulettes don't suit me all that well, so that will be going back too.

Everything else was absolutely excellent, in particular the integrated collar jumper and the corduroy blanket blouson. The surf breaker surprised me, really nice cut and very practical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads