• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Anyone here have Drake's cords trousers - what do you think about the quality and room in the seat? I've got big thighs and I really like their OCBDs but most brands don't offer generous room in the pants these days
Are you referring to the five pocket ones? If so, I bought a pair to try them on. The cut and room in the seat is similar to their other five pocket trousers including jeans. They might even feel slightly roomier due to the lighter weight fabric.

The quality of the fabric is good, not great. It’s lighter weight and less stiff than I was hoping. I’ve seen heartier, harder-wearing feeling corduroy from other brands and also Drake’s in their cord blazers.

Regarding the double-breasted coat, Permanent Style also did one recently. I thought it looked great, if not better than Drake’s based on the pictures of the coat alone.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I liked the Permanent Style DB Coat as well, but I think that the belt would be in the way more than it would be useful. If you see it as a styling device, it makes the PS coat more flamboyant, and versatile styling wise, if you are into that kind of thing.

I prefer Drake's more simple design (and the long pleat in the back).

Last edited:

NassimBandini

Reaction score
Anyone here have Drake's cords trousers - what do you think about the quality and room in the seat? I've got big thighs and I really like their OCBDs but most brands don't offer generous room in the pants these days

Berg & Berg Antonio trousers offer generous room in the pants. I am even selling one because of that (I have slim legs).

garigo

Reaction score
Still the quintessential Drake's double breasted IMHO.

0mJLlZ1mWnZL.jpeg

justinpledger

Reaction score
I liked the Permanent Style DB Coat as well, but I would think that the belt would be in the way more than it would be useful. If you see it as a styling device, it makes the PS coat more flamboyant, and versatile styling wise, if you are into that kind of thing.

I prefer Drake's more simple design (and the long pleat in the back).
I much prefer the look and feel (and cut) of the Drake's coats. I really love what Simon at PS is doing with his shop (although I don't understand some of the pricing) but I think the coats are a little too...stylised for me. The enormous sweeping collar, the belt, the sheer length of it...it all looks just a little too mannered to me. I love Drake's simplicity - the fabulous vent at the back, the way that the coat drapes, its silhouette. It all seems fantastically simple and yet it's so wearable and comfortable. The grey herringbone coat from a couple of seasons ago is one of the greatest coats I've ever seen. The wool is incredible - soft and thick and slightly spongey. I absolutely love mine and it's one of my most treasured (and worn) items.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
Considering pulling the trigger on the waxed coverall jacket... hesitating a bit because of price but it looks so good and the slightly brighter shade of green compared to Barbour just gives it a bit of extra pop. Does anybody have experience with rewaxing/repairing Drake's garments?

Also this is probably obvious to most menswear enthusiasts, but the wool raglan coat in my opinion looks best with thick layering, whether chunky sweater/turtlenecks or a sport coat underneath. There is quite a lot of space around the shoulder/neck area and it looks a bit odd (in my opinion) with just a shirt or polo underneath.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Considering pulling the trigger on the waxed coverall jacket... hesitating a bit because of price but it looks so good and the slightly brighter shade of green compared to Barbour just gives it a bit of extra pop. Does anybody have experience with rewaxing/repairing Drake's garments?

Also this is probably obvious to most menswear enthusiasts, but the wool raglan coat in my opinion looks best with thick layering, whether chunky sweater/turtlenecks or a sport coat underneath. There is quite a lot of space around the shoulder/neck area and it looks a bit odd (in my opinion) with just a shirt or polo underneath.

I'll be waiting for some fit pics if you decide to buy it! :)

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score

No experiencing with repair/rewaxing it yet, but I can vouch for the quality of the green coverall jacket; I bought it last year and wore it a lot all winter. The patina it has developed is really nice, with subtle variations in the green beginning to develop at the wear points and some minor abrasions at the cuffs. It's a great weight thanks to the quilted liner (which unfortunately does get dirty due to the fabric), the corduroy collar has great structure and body, and the hardware is substantial. Tons of beautiful details throughout. I have a few vintage Barbours and love them, but I'd say the Drake's coverall feels "nicer" overall than a Barbour in pretty much every respect, and thus is well worth the extra cost.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Just ordered the navy coverall wax jacket yesterday… I was in the NY shop last week and tried it on. And loved it in navy!

It seems like a jacket that I will be wearing a lot here in Northern Europe, in fall and winter. It’s also a jacket I can wear both casual and over a suit, like the Drake’s reversible raincoat from last season. Navy makes it even more versatile and different enough from my Barbour to justify the purchase.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
Just ordered the navy coverall wax jacket yesterday… I was in the NY shop last week and tried it on. And loved it in navy!

It seems like a jacket that I will be wearing a lot here in Northern Europe, in fall and winter. It’s also a jacket I can wear both casual and over a suit, like the Drake’s reversible raincoat from last season. Navy makes it even more versatile and different enough from my Barbour to justify the purchase.

I was also in the NY store on the weekend and I saw a guy in white trousers try on the navy waxed jacket... if that happened to be you, I agree it looked great!

wahnamhong

Reaction score
I was also in the NY store on the weekend and I saw a guy in white trousers try on the navy waxed jacket... if that happened to be you, I agree it looked great!
It might have been me, if it was the last weekend of October!

I had also tried on the navy wool chore jacket, even though I already have one. However, this season’s iteration is darker in colour (more navy while mine has a purple hinge to it) plus I think one size larger would be better for me.

So I also ordered that one in size 44 - which means I’ll be selling my size 42 soon here or on marrrkkktktk. I actually prefer the wool chore over the more expensive navy casentino, as I find it more timeless and versatile.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Independence in Chicago appears to be having a Drake’s trunk show this weekend. Does anyone here have any more information on this, or info on what to expect at a Drake’s trunk show?

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
So I also ordered that one in size 44 - which means I’ll be selling my size 42 soon here or on marrrkkktktk. I actually prefer the wool chore over the more expensive navy casentino, as I find it more timeless and versatile.

And above more confortable (softer).
I wear a lot my wool chore jacket and I sold my casentino one.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Independence in Chicago appears to be having a Drake’s trunk show this weekend. Does anyone here have any more information on this, or info on what to expect at a Drake’s trunk show?

I can’t speak specifically to Independace, but I’ve been to other Drakes Trunk shows. They usually had a good amount of OTR items to browse such as shirts, ties, knits, and small selection of tailoring. But it was really about their MTO/MTM options: shirts, ties, tailoring (suits and sportcoats), and outerwear (long coats)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad