• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

htinlinn

Reaction score
If you want another data point, I’m usually a US 10 in shoes. I have the Crosby’s in UK 9.5 and the Alden 986 in US 9.5D. Half size down is probably the way to go if you can’t try them on in person.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Same sizing, but is the fit the same? Length etc?

I'm after the 986s, they're my grail.. waiting till I travel to Japan or the US this summer to get properly sized since the sizing seems odd. I'm a TTS 7-7.5 US and a 7D was too big, about a full size too big.

What was your experience with the sizing?

Yes, same fit.

My Weston 180 are 9C. My Crockett&Jones Harlech are 8,5UK and all my Alden loafer on Van last are 9E.

trg12

Reaction score
Adding a data point: I’m a 8.5E to 9D in Alden Barrie, 43 in Crosby and 8D in the 180. I’m wearing a 9E to 9.5D in the loafer

Last edited:

nachobarro

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone.

I've received today the Khaki Green Japanese Corduroy Selvedge Chore in a size 38 (same size as the Navy Heavy Cotton Twill that I recently purchased).

Fit wise they are slightly different, the corduroy is 1" shorter in length, also the sleeves are an inch shorter too. Shoulders are 46cm in heavy twill and 46,5cm in corduroy. In the chest and body they are exactly the same.

I think it's a beautiful piece but tbh maybe I'd prefer it in a size 40 instead, so I think I'm going to resell it (I have to think about it :) )

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2190.jpeg
    IMG_2190.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 134

&Son

Reaction score
Hello all, a recent pickup for me, a Drake's lambswool shawl cardigan in navy.

I'm curious to know if anyone can confirm if this sweater was offered with horn buttons originally, or if they are replacement. The seller could not recall and said either was possible.

Either way, I prefer horn to leather and look forward to mixing this lambswool sweater in with my scottish cashmere options. The density of the knit and finishing are both very nice, as expected. I assume this was made by William Lockie, but it doesn't have a tag indicating Made in Scotland anywhere.

Pictures borrowed from the seller. s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Question to those here that have the wax coverall jacket - from this season ideally. Did you buy true to size? I was in the store last week and tried on a size 42, my regular size, and it fits well. Yes, the fit is boxy but I’m not super tall so the look is allright. Just wondering now if anyone here bought one oversized, like in the wonderful pic below. Thanks!

47E06876-A85E-4255-9456-8EC99AB56036.jpeg

nachobarro

Reaction score
Question to those here that have the wax coverall jacket - from this season ideally. Did you buy true to size? I was in the store last week and tried on a size 42, my regular size, and it fits well. Yes, the fit is boxy but I’m not super tall so the look is allright. Just wondering now if anyone here bought one oversized, like in the wonderful pic below. Thanks!

View attachment 2063589

In my experience, true to size will give you that look in the waxed coverall. Maybe because the posture and the way he have his hands in the fleece pockets seems oversize.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Hello all, a recent pickup for me, a Drake's lambswool shawl cardigan in navy.

I'm curious to know if anyone can confirm if this sweater was offered with horn buttons originally, or if they are replacement. The seller could not recall and said either was possible.

Either way, I prefer horn to leather and look forward to mixing this lambswool sweater in with my scottish cashmere options. The density of the knit and finishing are both very nice, as expected. I assume this was made by William Lockie, but it doesn't have a tag indicating Made in Scotland anywhere.

Pictures borrowed from the seller. View attachment 2063397 View attachment 2063395 View attachment 2063393 View attachment 2063391

I don't recall the Scotland-made shawl cardigans ever being offered with horn (i.e. acetate) buttons—only braided leather buttons. My hunch is they were replaced by the seller or someone else. Doesn't matter either way if you prefer the horn buttons.

slows2k

Reaction score
Hold the phone everyone; new coat silhouette just dropped:

DR2A1Q23501-01600-1_1080x.jpg

45bur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hold the phone everyone; new coat silhouette just dropped:

View attachment 2063929
This ticks a lot of boxes for me. I would love to see a some pics of it worn tbough.

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Bit the bullet on the other one! The navy, ecru, olive one.. but I'm having second thoughts while it's still in the post, simply because it seems to be the most multi-colored of all the fleeces, and so I think I'll have a damn hard time styling it. I'd appreciate your insight on how you would style that one. Cheers!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet on the other one! The navy, ecru, olive one.. but I'm having second thoughts while it's still in the post, simply because it seems to be the most multi-colored of all the fleeces, and so I think I'll have a damn hard time styling it. I'd appreciate your insight on how you would style that one. Cheers!

Jeans/chinos/cords
OCBD of your choice
Loafers
Fleece
Coat over top if it’s really cold

Edit to say - I guess my point is that I wouldn’t style it or wear it any differently than I would if it was solid navy or olive.

Last edited:

slows2k

Reaction score
This ticks a lot of boxes for me. I would love to see a some pics of it worn tbough.
Yeah, the pics don't do a great job helping one envision it worn. But, if it's like everything else Drake's outerwear, it'll be achingly beautiful worn. I hate the price but they rarely miss on their outerwear.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have Drake's cords trousers - what do you think about the quality and room in the seat? I've got big thighs and I really like their OCBDs but most brands don't offer generous room in the pants these days

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad