• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drakes sample sale back at the Music Rooms in Mayfair, 29th-30th July 10am too 7pm. Calling @cristofromkensington and other Londoners….

GabrielJF

Reaction score
Hello chaps

I'm currently overseas and was devastated to see that I'd be missing this london sample sale. Life is just that thing that occurs between Drake's sample sales...

Anyone going to the London one willing to pick up a couple of things for me? I'm based in Barons Court and will be back in the big smoke from the 12th August, when I'd be able to come and relieve you of them, so you'd not have to look after them for too long.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the lining of a Drake's tie starting to curl a little at the edges?

I have a whole bunch of ties hanging up in my cupboard, including ~10 from Drakes, and just one 36oz foulard has this problem (but not two others in similar silks). The only possible point of difference I can think of is that it was bought in Japan at Mitsukoshi department store: conceivably, they specified a different type of interlining to usual.

The only advice I can find online seems to be to very gently iron the tie through a cloth. Any other suggestions would be gratefully received. I am contemplating emailing Drake's, as it's a favourite (albeit getting less wear these days along with all of my other business attire).

nycs10011

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the lining of a Drake's tie starting to curl a little at the edges?

I have a whole bunch of ties hanging up in my cupboard, including ~10 from Drakes, and just one 36oz foulard has this problem (but not two others in similar silks). The only possible point of difference I can think of is that it was bought in Japan at Mitsukoshi department store: conceivably, they specified a different type of interlining to usual.

The only advice I can find online seems to be to very gently iron the tie through a cloth. Any other suggestions would be gratefully received. I am contemplating emailing Drake's, as it's a favourite (albeit getting less wear these days along with all of my other business attire).

I have had a handful of ties do this over the years. I've never had success with ironing ties, it's usually a good way to wreck em. This is where my ties go if they need any care: https://tiecrafters.com/

henrip

Reaction score
This is truly weird. I’m usually 38 in Drake’s but needed to size up to 40 with the raglan coat and it fits great. Even the sleeves are quite good even though I have short arms and need to shorten sleeves pretty often. The cut is definetely pretty boxy and there’s lots of room in the lower 2/3 of the coat. Chest and shoulder area is suprisingly slim imo.

hamish5178

Reaction score
This is truly weird. I’m usually 38 in Drake’s but needed to size up to 40 with the raglan coat and it fits great. Even the sleeves are quite good even though I have short arms and need to shorten sleeves pretty often. The cut is definetely pretty boxy and there’s lots of room in the lower 2/3 of the coat. Chest and shoulder area is suprisingly slim imo.

Same as you, also puzzled by talk of sizing down. I'm typically a 38 in everything, including Drake's sportcoats. 40 in the raglan is perfect (38 was too short). Yes it's huge in the sense that there's a lot of fabric and I could probably fit my wife inside with me, but that's the point right?

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I checked out the new NYC location today -- seems like a nice upgrade over the old one. Apparently there will be an opening event in September.

henrip

Reaction score
Is there actually something sewed by hand in Drake’s shirts or this just the same empty hand made statement so many brand uses now days?

henrip

Reaction score
I just received the Black Ivy t-shirt and it’s funny how wildly they fail to measure their garments 😵‍💫. I picked size 38 and by the measures on the website I assumed it’d fit pretty loose… actual fit is muscle fit by some other type of brand. Shoulder measure 51cm vs. actual 48, p2p 54 vs. actual 51,5 and base of collar to hem 69 vs. actual 64. Not sure what to do with it 🙈…

henrip

Reaction score
I just received the Black Ivy t-shirt and it’s funny how wildly they fail to measure their garments 😵‍💫. I picked size 38 and by the measures on the website I assumed it’d fit pretty loose… actual fit is muscle fit by some other type of brand. Shoulder measure 51cm vs. actual 48, p2p 54 vs. actual 51,5 and base of collar to hem 69 vs. actual 64. Not sure what to do with it 🙈…
I guess it’s the same shirt as their hiking t-shirt. Do you guys know if these shrink or stretch?

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I own a EU 52 linen chore jacket. I asked customer service if the sizing was consistent across all types of chore jacket but was told that the linen chores run big. Fortunately, I did not buy anything from the archive. Yet, according to the website the sizing guide is exactly the same for the linen chore jackets and e.g. the moleskin chores. They should remake the sizing guides ...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene