• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

garigo

Reaction score
Definitely the right size! The length in particular suits you very well, better than many other examples I've seen.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Just took delivery of this navy canvas chore. I am usually in between 38 and 40. Ordered 40 as per recommendations in this thread.

It is a boxy/roomy fit, but my first impression is good. Does you think it look like the right size?
By the way, are those the Drake’s needlecord trousers?

JIMIG

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys! I will stick to the size 40.

By the way, are those the Drake’s needlecord trousers?

They are the natural selvedge canvas army chino from The Armoury:

MaE

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the "new" made in Portugal jeans fit the same as the old made in England ones (Drake's customer service couldn't answer that question)? Looking at the pictures the styling looks very similar, did they change anything besides the color of the buttons and the patch on the back?

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the "new" made in Portugal jeans fit the same as the old made in England ones (Drake's customer service couldn't answer that question)? Looking at the pictures the styling looks very similar, did they change anything besides the color of the buttons and the patch on the back?
Older ones are slimmer, I think have a lower rise, don’t have slash pockets, and have a more substantial denim with a more blue hue to them (raw) and a more uniform look to the dye.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to buy something online but it was sold out and called the shop saying they had one in stock?

Online inventory is kept separately from in store inventories, so yes, it is recommended to call (US and UK shops) if there's an item that appears sold out online.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

it depends, the older model 3 was made by black horse lane, and we’re definitely slimmer. Then they changed the model to a more roomy top block, straight leg and slashed pockets, but still made in England just not made by black horse lane anymore. Then they used that same model (roomy top block,straight leg, and slashed pockets) but are now made in Portugal. Made to save money who knows why. But I have both the made in England and Portugal pairs and they fit the same

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have these pants? https://www.drakes.com/usa/clothing/trousers/lovat-mid-wale-corduroy-single-pleat-trouser

Called the canal street store today and had them take some measurements. A 34 in the flat front version of this pant came back as a 18.75. Additionally, they measured a 36 as a 19.4. I have a pair of the cord selvedge five pockets in 36 and that measures back at a 18.5ish. This is so vastly different than the size charts on the site.

I don't have those pants but I've run into similar discrepancies between garment measurements and the online size charts. It's a bummer! 18.75" waist is wild for a tagged 34.

Mokwit

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Drake's unstructured jackets - I actually found out at one point and it was a relief that their 42 was too small as I passed on the pictured silk jacket. The buttons in the inner pocket are distinctive and
DrakesNOlining2.jpg
I have seen before - Lardini? new Caruso? I have forgotten and can't be bothered to troll through ebay searches.

KozyStyle

Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but any news on the NYC sample sale? I remember last year’s happened around this time and I can’t wait to see what’s on offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads