• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

Davarpanah

Reaction score
Nice shoes ! Was supposed to have mine last saturday, but he had forgotten all about them :S But hopefully there ready tomorrow when I return :)

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the Japan thread: I'm in Japan this week, and my first workshop visit was at Clematis Ginza. Really impressed with the shoes, and Keitaro Takano and his closer Chiemi Chiba are lovely people. Don't have to much time to upload phtotos, most will probably come on my blog eventually, but here's some at least. First a few of bespoke samples:

Clematis new RTW shoes, made in Japan by Joe Works. Looked nice, will be sold at Isetan next year.

Keitaro Takano in the workshop:

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Stefan88 Any side/profile pictures and shots of the welt/blindwelt areas? Marquess has really good making. Their lasting is really top notch...

Light has been so bad. Want to take some pictures with better lighting. Maybe I'll get them tomorrow!

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost: @chogall here are the pictures
Here are more pictures of my pair from Marquess. Imitation brogue on his chisel last, in the old stock Chocolate Freudenberg leather.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love everything except the wide chiseled toe, guess you asked for it? Or it's the house style?

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love everything except the wide chiseled toe, guess you asked for it? Or it's the house style?

Thanks!

I didn't particularly ask for it to be wide.

Asked for a sharp and aggressive chisel, and he has made it as slim as possible for my feet, within his style. Shoji takes inspiration from vintage British shoes, and I believe he always tries to make the lasts as short as possible while still remaining a nice balance. Compared to his sample we had to make this slightly wider to fit my feet and keeping a smooth line.
I'm quite tall with already long feet, and don't want them to appear like long catamarans. Really came out just as I had hoped!

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from Japanese thread
A straight cap oxford with skinstitch facing from Hiro Yanagimachi.
I wanted something classic with a twist, that's easy to wear. Nice addition to my growing collection. Done with dark brown soon?

This one is made up in dark brown Annonay, fully handmade, with beveled waist. It's actually an MTO, but the fit is very good for me, for various reasons.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Those are also very nice Stefan!

On another note, slightly off topic but probably interests some of you anyway, is the fact that Hermès now have acquired Tanneries Du Puy from EPI/JM Weston, hence owns both the world's main suppliers of calf leather for shoes. Will be interesting to see how this affects the market.. Wrote more about it on my blog.

Last edited:

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Those are also very nice Stefan!

On another note, slightly off topic but probably interests some of you anyway, is the fact that Hermès now have acquired Tanneries Du Puy from EPI/JM Weston, hence owns both the world's main suppliers of calf leather for shoes. Will be interesting to see how this affects the market.. Wrote more about it on my blog.

F's sake. Need to buy those JM weston loafers I want fast then!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads