• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! My pique bow tie is getting some serious yellowing at the corners. I'll have to try OxyClean.

In case Oxyclean isn't enough...

These methods are not foolproof and there is no guarantee, implied or otherwise of their success. Try at your own risk. Your results may vary.

Here is a link to The treatment for cleaning shirts that are thought to be beyond redemption. Your results may vary.

Another method is to put the stained article directly into a bucket of near boiling water containing about a half of a cup of Dawn dishwashing detergent and a half of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for 6 or so hours. Remove and launder as normal. Stains are usually gone! Your results may vary.

Your results may vary.

Last edited:

chicago2011

Reaction score
But may be the most cost-effective solution, if the pants are purchased, altered, and cannot be returned. I agree that higher rise pants are a better option, but it might be too late. A band-aid isn't a cure, but it's better than bleeding everywhere.

Here are some pics illustrating my problem. I can't believe Brooks Brothers would put a non-stud button on the pique bib. In any case, I think that the quickest/easiest/cheapest route is simply to get the button cut off and another stud hole made (my tailor can do it for $20). That leaves me with 5 studs, which I very much dislike, but is otherwise innocuous. I definitely regret the low rise pants, and when I replace this tux, I will have something MTM with a more reasonable cut.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:(

I think the only way to address this is to get a shirt with a covered placket and forego the studs.

Last edited:

J011yroger

Reaction score
Hidden placket shirts are great, I only have one modern 4 stud set, all my vintage ones only have 3, so sometimes I use the hidden placket if I don't want to wear the 4 stud set (it's onyx and goldtone and sometimes it comes off as cheezy or gaudy.)

J

aznorazizul

Reaction score
Black tie event is when you can show off your high-end fashion attire. You can mixed with suits and jacket but you can choose other colors also instead of black. Other dark shades of blue, maroon or purple suits well too.

J011yroger

Reaction score

Black tie event is when you can show off your high-end fashion attire. You can mixed with suits and jacket but you can choose other colors also instead of black. Other dark shades of blue, maroon or purple suits well too.

Good thing you came in and cleared that up for us, we were floundering around lost without you for the past 2,500 posts.

J

J011yroger

Reaction score
Offensive to good taste maybe.

In all fairness, the poster is likely from a country without a tradition of black tie, young, and not a native English speaker. So I doubt he is purposely being a jerk, probably just a kid.

J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads