• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread (Part II - The Search for Jawnz)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much for it? What’s the condition? How did you launder it?

I had a roommate in college who used to launder my Polo shirts. It went like this:

His name was Randy. A friend of a friend — though which friend, not one of us could ever say. He just sort of showed up one day. Someone knew him from high school — maybe Chad — we were all pretty sure about that. Anyway, Randy was an early riser. Mornings, he’d sit out on the porch smoking his clove cigarettes. Then when I left for class, he’d rifle through my dirty clothes until he found a shirt that he liked. He’d wear it to his friend’s house at another school and say, Hey, Bob, that’s a nice Polo shirt. Can I trade you this one I’m wearing?

Sometimes it worked. He’d return to our apartment wearing a new shirt, no one the wiser.

Eventually, the semester ended. School closed down, and we scattered to the wind. Some degreed, some not. We all promised to keep in touch. There were rumors about what happened to Randy, but nothing conclusive. Everything we knew was secondhand. Time passed, and I’d like to think our lives had returned to what they were before. Then one day, we got the call. It was Randy, the detective said. He’d been arrested. Took some old timer’s boat out for a joy ride and then sunk it in the middle of Lake Travis.

Had we seen him lately? Did we have information about this and that? No one did. I mostly wanted to know about the life of a detective. “It’s not what you think, kid,” he said, and slammed the phone.

We never saw old Randy again, but months later, we gathered at his stepdad’s house, the four of us, old roommates made wiser by the passage of time, some of us with beards. A man appeared and motioned us in, and we followed him up the stairs to a cramped room in back. Piled on the shiny hardwood floor was a mountain of old stuff, shirts and sneakers, mostly. Magazines, random electronics. Chad gave the pile a tentative kick, and it smelled of dust and cologne, but also the old apartment. That particular blend of cloves and drying sweat girls often remarked on. We stared at it for it a moment, saying nothing. Then the stepdad slipped a palsied hand into the pile and began patting it down, eyes searching the ceiling, like a blind man reading a scroll. Finally, he pulled out an old pixie stick, the big jumbo kind, and used it to hold out a pair of Men’s Calvin Klein Designer Series boxer briefs. Chad’s nostrils flared. “Yours?” the old man said. It was the first time we’d heard him speak. Chad said nothing, just grabbed the underwear so hard it almost knocked the old man down, and wedged them in his back pocket. Then he dropped to his knees and began sorting. It seemed like hours passed as we watched that one pile split into four. At times, it was like a children’s game, Chad lifting a shaky hand from the pile as we spoke the names of things we’d forgotten: My Gillette razor, my guitar strings, my old Discman. The old man just shook his head. You could tell he wanted to sit down, but he stood there to the end, one hand against the dusty window sill.

When Chad finished, he stripped off his shirt and spit right on the hardwood. “I need a cigarette,” he said, and blew past us, right down the stairs and into the cool of the garden.

The old man looked at me. I could tell he wanted me to say something, but I wasn’t sure what.

“I didn’t know he smoked,” he said after awhile. And he turned to me, and we listened to the sounds of the city easing into nighttime, of crickets rubbing their song from their legs, men returning home to their worries, stepping out from the heat of ticking engines, doors opening and closing.

“I mean, how could you?” I said, and the old man shrugged.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1585429702734.jpeg

Possibly for sale/trade!

Large *TTS* Loiter jacket (not oversized like the current season). The photo looks gray to me, but it’s a lighter shade of blue with navy dots. Spoo is the best, but I’m out of work, and wife couldn’t even tell this was different from my current jackets, so I’d consider a sale or trade with one of you fine gentlemens...

Expert measurements:

38A37A75-FF35-4A32-975C-25DFF0BBE1E6.jpeg

*IMO, the p2p looks like my XL EG coats, but this fits snugger than that, more like a TTS Large. I can nerd out on excessive measurements because we’re all at home!

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
2CE7D559-9E92-4FA3-B08A-1B6C1D728D29.jpeg

679F001F-EE59-4A64-B73F-1E9796A27FD9.jpeg
9794CF0B-4050-45E1-BD0D-6A2DAC999CF6.jpeg
025D1E4A-F9AC-47E5-9EFC-62966EB2731C.jpeg
E27224FE-E4E4-4C39-A801-184B8A8D3B9C.jpeg
E113EE6D-7408-42DA-AFD2-9B1C4E8A8EBB.jpeg
ADA020EB-532D-4B3D-894C-920E81926C8F.jpeg
A1B879A9-2C36-4993-8DB0-5BA535003F5A.jpeg

i will probably regret this

fw16 tf jacket big plaid size m
$300 shipped concus

Attachments

• 45E0312C-0D9D-4E9E-892D-CA15FB2A8966.jpeg
    45E0312C-0D9D-4E9E-892D-CA15FB2A8966.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 48

nimbkimchee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have posted 2 old school EG thin summer blazers on eBay, one titled;
Rare Engineered Garments Madras Rugby Boating Sporting Yacht Type Blazer Large

The other titled;
Rare Engineered Garments Striped Rugby Boating Type Blazer with Matching Tie L

The striped one has matching tie. Both exact same style, rarely worn, check them out. Here are pics

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpg
    IMG_7867.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 129

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Looking to buy this gingham work shirt from SS19 in size M. Just missed out on one on ebay for a killer price ?
5ECA4813-B857-48AB-BD2C-3502E667C6BE.jpeg

Last edited:

MeatFish

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of olive reverse sateen fatigues in a 34. Would also be interested in any places that have them in stock atm.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
I’m also looking to trade this Workaday jacket (Size M) for the same jacket in a Large. It’s in great condition with no rips, stains, marks, etc. I bought it a few years ago and like my stuff to fit baggier now. I’d be open to other colors as well.
501BBF85-54C1-47EC-B5CC-1CAB8A34B5B3.jpeg

Lendo

Reaction score
Looking for these in Medium:
  • Short collar shirts
  • 19th Century Shirts
  • Shawl Collar Cardigans

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for these in Medium:
  • Short collar shirts
  • 19th Century Shirts
  • Shawl Collar Cardigans
I have a chambray western shirt and a big plaid workshirt, both BNWT and size M listed in B&S. Follow the link in my signature if interested.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me find the aviator jacket in red from a few SS seasons ago in a size medium of large?
48B89D03-454A-4B63-89B6-C4D92143D894.png

Also looking for Ground Pants/painter pants in size 30-32 or Small/medium depending on fit.

EG Workshirts in medium

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads