• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brantley11

Reaction score

Capital E was Levi's 'premium' selvedge line before they started doing LVC repro stuff. i've only ever seen 501s and i'm pretty sure it's from the 90s. 

Thank you very much. it is funny that they fit me perfectly because they are tagged 31x36 and I am a true 34x32.

You think the current 501 selvedge would fit the same as these?

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been out much at all lately, but glad I stopped today. 2 of the highlights, much more found but nothing else photographed

Someone trade me this identical thing in a small. Drooooool.

And then this bad boy. Thrift priced consignment.

Ah cool, my first tailored RLPL piece

Wicked.

rms340

Reaction score
Hey friends, I e-thrifted a number of boys suits recently and a good number of them didn't work out. Rather than put them back on 'that site' I thought I would offer them up here to see if anyone is interested. They're all boys size 14. I'll take pics later when I have a chance. Shoot me a PM!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just curious SPOO,  how many trips does it take to haul 150 pieces of Anderson Shepherd in a Ferrari?

And for those of you who will catch the reference.  This is now my favorite new question:

Answer:  42
Question:  How many trips does it take to haul 110 years worth of thrifted bespoke English clothing in a Ferrari?

No Ferrari on this day - but we filled up the SUV.

Check Spoo's auctions for matching belt buckle. Might be a 260 or 280 tho...

:cheers:

Pretty sure Fueco lives there too. :foo:

Spoo, G, like this?

RLPL velvet jacket, thrift
Jill Sander t-neck, thrift
Luxaire
Carmina, B&S

I would have gone like 3 shades darker.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i will now attempt to post pictures of the Thriftening Red October.

However I have dinner reservations in a little bit and if its taking too long I may have to abort and retry tomorrow. But all the pics are taken, and there are a fuckton of them.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy: it's a subtlety but I agree with Spoo. If that's your only pair of gray flannels then i think that look rocks it.

But next level would be: if you have a pair right in between that shade and the shirt, to sneak up on the jacket, it will harmonize you a bit overall. What's happening I think is that the dark up top isn't broken up like it usually is and so it looks much more out of balance with the lighter trou.

Still great though. And ymmv of course.

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Got some stuff for myself today, but gonna see if I can flip 2 purses I got today for $5 each. Grabbed a Prada Milano Red Suede purse and a Gucci Made in Italy Purse. The Gucci isn't in the best shape, but hopefully I'll still make a couple bucks on it.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Easy: it's a subtlety but I agree with Spoo. If that's your only pair of gray flannels then i think that look rocks it.

But next level would be: if you have a pair right in between that shade and the shirt, to sneak up on the jacket, it will harmonize you a bit overall. What's happening I think is that the dark up top isn't broken up like it usually is and so it looks much more out of balance with the lighter trou.

Still great though. And ymmv of course.

Yeah, reverse the color of the sweater and the pants and its a winner for me.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, looks like the post is a go. I'm uploading straight from mobile so please excuse my usual commentary but I think most of it is self explanatory.

one other thing, most of the vintage pieces are going to my archives so won't be available unless you really want something. but if anyone wants something and you need measurements be prepared to wait like 3 months lol.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I but this 2004 Zegna? It's the softest fabric I have ever felt but the chest is about 3 inches too big.

Is it possible to bring it in that much? Beautiful coat and only 15$

That suit is gorgeous and yes, their 15 micron wool is absolutely superb. For 15 dollars you buy that thing no hesitation, no questions ask, that's automatic. As far as the chest goes, there's a few alternations you can make that can help bring it in a little, some work better than others, some may not even be noticable and work, and some may be noticeable. You need a good tailor. First attempt is try bringing in the center back seam just a bit, having it fit tighter through the chest, if this doesn't constrict your upper body, this alterration is easy, fairly cheap for an upper block alternation (the will need to unline and all that still) and will be absolutely undetectable most likely, unless the off chance the alternation changes the fit in a nother part of the suit, however this may just be able to be correct by the tailor when hes doing his work. The second option is upper block/chest darts on each side. These can be seamless and blend into the lower half body darts of the blazer if done extremely well, or these can look like a ******* nightmare, but it's an option. Lastly, there are the side seams. This is total deconstruction and will cost the most but may prove the be most effective. Regardless of the path you choose to take, your getting a 3000-3500 suit thats gorgeous for 15 bucks, so spend a little extra on the tailoring and make that thing look as good as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads