• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mykoh

Reaction score
hey guys, just a quick and dumb question, would a size 38 womens bball low fit the same as a 38 mens bball low?

conqueror

Reaction score
i wanna buy a new pair of achilles, but haven't owned a pair of cps since 2010. i know pricing has skyrocketed, but has the sizing changed at all since then?

ursman

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the gummy grey and black yesterday, they felt like rubber (obvs) and were very matte. I didn't try them on, but yeah if you want a matte leather they would be good and from the feel of them they would probably be pretty easy to just wipe clean (not that the regular leather is hard to clean). I don't really see the appeal to them.

Where did you run into these?

crackerjack

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Another sizing question (sorry!). I own a lot of different CP's (Achilles, 3hole, Derby Shine, Bball high) and have the same size in all of them; except for Bball High (I sized down on those).
Anyone that has experience with Cadet Derbies? How do they fit compared to Achilles/Derby Shine?
Thanks

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you guys recommend shoe trees for the derby shine? or is the stuffed paper good enough (for maintaining structure or whatever it is shoe trees are meant for; i always air my shoes out for a day after they're worn, too)?

and do you guys recommend a suede protector for the chelseas, or are they okay to rock as they are (not too worried about keeping them super pristine)? i'm kinda hesitant to treat them with a protector since i feel like it'd dampen the color and affect the feel of the suede, but then again i've never used one so i probably don't know what i'm talking about

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
II would use tissue paper inside the shoes. ideally a shoe tree should be the same shape as the last its used with - I wasn't aware CP made shoe trees for any of their shoes?

yes, def. use a suede protector before you wear the shoes. Nano Protector is amazing and cheap, it should not really effect the colour of the suede if you apply it correctly - don't over do it. you should apply it after every time you clean the shoes with a suede brush.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got my two new acquisitions in hand, but there are two things i noticed:

there's a small split in the welt (i think that's what it's called?) of my right chelsea boot

there's an even smaller one on the left boot, too, in the same area

is this something i should pay any attention to at all? like, it's not gonna get worse over time, is it? that the splits are in the same area on both boots makes me think that it just comes with the manufacturing process, but i don't know, i'm worried that it might get bigger if it's not supposed to be there

on another note, the "tan" suede (color code: 1302) looks a lot different in person than in its product shots (not a complaint, just an observation)

it's more of a taupe color than tan, though i haven't seen it in sunlight yet so i guess i'll check again tomorrow

as for the derbies, there's a warp along the ankle of the left shoe

it's a lot more pronounced and noticeable in person than in the pictures, but is this unusual at all or something worth fretting over?

i definitely have the propensity for being nitpicky, so these are probably non-issues, but idk

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads