• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pitmatical

Reaction score
Afternoon.

Does anyone have a pair of the CP Combat Boots w/ the crepe sole? Considering a pair but wondered how the crepe sole would stand up to it.... (Not such a big fan of the Winter/rubber sole version).

Cheers

gotribe

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience sizing Woman by Common Projects? I haven't been able to find any sizing guides on forums or places like Reddit.

Typically for brands like Adidas, Nike, Vans, Converse, etc, you'd see ~1-2 size difference between US men and women's sizing. But assuming the EU sizes are equivalent between the two lines, CP has a 3 size difference. I'm wondering if this means that the Woman by CP line fits more TTS than the men's line which is notorious for running large.

Here are the conversions for Common Projects sizes:
40EU = 10W = 7M
39EU = 9W = 6M
38EU = 8W = 5M
37EU = 7W = 4M

TLDR version: My GF wears a size 6M = 7W in Stan Smiths and I wear 9.5M = 10.5W. I wear 42EU in CPs. Is it fair to assume she'd probably need a 38EU? Based on the US women's sizing equivalent, she'd be taking one size higher in CPs than she does in Stan Smiths, which seems strange to me.

Last edited:

Jhericurls

Reaction score
Afternoon.

Does anyone have a pair of the CP Combat Boots w/ the crepe sole? Considering a pair but wondered how the crepe sole would stand up to it.... (Not such a big fan of the Winter/rubber sole version).

Cheers
I own 2 pairs and the crepe sole are very durable.

bdb

Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience sizing Woman by Common Projects? I haven't been able to find any sizing guides on forums or places like Reddit.

Typically for brands like Adidas, Nike, Vans, Converse, etc, you'd see ~1-2 size difference between US men and women's sizing. But assuming the EU sizes are equivalent between the two lines, CP has a 3 size difference. I'm wondering if this means that the Woman by CP line fits more TTS than the men's line which is notorious for running large. 

Here are the conversions for Common Projects sizes:
40EU = 10W = 7M
39EU = 9W = 6M
38EU = 8W = 5M
37EU = 7W = 4M

TLDR version: My GF wears a size 6M = 7W in Stan Smiths and I wear 9.5M = 10.5W. I wear 42EU in CPs. Is it fair to assume she'd probably need a 38EU? Based on the US women's sizing equivalent, she'd be taking one size higher in CPs than she does in Stan Smiths, which seems strange to me.

I picked up a 38 in CP Woman - my wife is a an 8-8.5 US depending on shoe style- and the 38 was a little large - so that's one frame of reference.

gotribe

Reaction score

I picked up a 38 in CP Woman - my wife is a an 8-8.5 US depending on shoe style- and the 38 was a little large - so that's one frame of reference.

Exactly what I was looking for, sounds like she'd be better off with a 37. Thanks.

Luxetus

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning to get another achilles but having a trouble with the sizing
I owned a pair of achilles in the 40's for about 4 months which has stretched but it still hurts on both my small toes and the big toe (larger foot) when I walk a lot
I usually wear a eu41/us8 on most shoes but I have a bit of a wide feet (8.5 on ultraboosts, 8 on chuck taylors and 41 on other brands)
Tried the 41's and it has a lot of space on the toebox (from the picture, the middle of my thumb is my big toe) and the heels are slipping
Should I get the 41's or get another 40's?
Thank you!

Last edited:

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have wide feet get the bballs. achilles are for narrow feet.

ursman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning to get another achilles but having a trouble with the sizing
I owned a pair of achilles in the 40's for about 4 months which has stretched but it still hurts on both my small toes and the big toe (larger foot) when I walk a lot
I usually wear a eu41/us8 on most shoes but I have a bit of a wide feet (8.5 on ultraboosts, 8 on chuck taylors and 41 on other brands)
Tried the 41's and it has a lot of space on the toebox (from the picture, the middle of my thumb is my big toe) and the heels are slipping
Should I get the 41's or get another 40's?
Thank you!

Just FYI - I'm a 7 with my Chucks. I take a 39 in CP.

But - echoing others - shoes shouldn't hurt. Only recommendation is... loosen the laces, wearing thinner socks....... or look elsewhere.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if the heels are slipping then the shoes are to big, if the big toe is where you say it is then they are probably to big. I did find my Achilles a little tight across the width / across the front toe box on the first wears, as Ursan mentions I loosened the laces and this helped quite a bit, and then just wearing them for a few weeks I found they stretched and moulded to my foot shape. your toe should not touch the end of the shoe, there should be at least 1cm+ between the toe and the end of the shoe, but shoes should fit failry snug as new. if you have wide feet then Achilles are probably not for you.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Achilles can work for you, you just have to change the lacing to the classic style, it will make them much wider. I agree to the above though, if that's where your toe is, size down.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does changing the lacing make them wider? Luxetus has them laced as they come out of the box, this lacing can be loosened to improve the fit (wider) but it won't make the shoes physically wider. Sorry don't see how using a different lacing will make any difference to how they can be loosened. Achilles are well know for being one of the narrower sneaker fits. There is def. a break in period of at a least a week IMO.

Last edited:

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't make the shoe physically wider...but it will make it so it accommodates a wider foot. It's well noted throughout this thread and if you've ever tried it you would see. The lacing as it comes sort of locks (for lack of a better word) the width so there's less give than the classic lacing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads