1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

If you're suggesting they don't...they do.

Achilles retro low fit a full size big for me in comparison to the original Achilles low.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    2 people like this.
  2. JinormusJ

JinormusJ Member

Yeah actually, I noticed this big time; especially for his athletic sneakers like Ultra Boosts and Inneva Free Wovens; he sized 8 and 8.5 accordingly and that's way oversized for me for sure; I wore size 8.5 frees to the gym for years and always had loads of space.

It honestly seems like his sizing is kind of over the place and that's a valid assumption because of it: especially since he does have a fair amount of videos where he couldn't do on feet shots because he messed up the sizing of his pairs... hmmmmmm.........

At least for being able to manage a size 39 Achilles Low/38 Bball Low, I know for sure those would probably be way oversized for me. I can size down .5 from my 7.5 TTS in Ultra Boost 2.0s and even a whole size in Ultra Boost 3.0s because of Primeknit stretch: Nike Frees fit large at 8.5 for me but way better at 8; I know because I wore 8.5 in the gym for years until sizing down and omggggggg.

39 Achilles Low is borderline painfully-snug out the box, but I will trust break in nicely with some wear. I've started using my Achilles Low size as the gold standard of shoe fit and I've come to the sorry conclusion most of my shoe collection is .5-1 size oversized lol

I don't see GT sizing the way he does unless he has inhumanly narrow feet

Seems to be the consensus; not planning on picking up a pair anytime soon, but I will eventually want a pair, and I wanted to nail sizing just for future reference so I don't have to go through a whole new exchange process like I did with my Achilles Lows

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

i own both achilles and bballs, and wear the exact same size. any size variation between the shoes is so minor that it wouldn't warrant choosing a different size for me.

1 person likes this.
  4. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

I stated a fact, so get out of here!

5. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

the RG Dark greys. You were asking if you should cop/return. I say return. The warm suede ones you already have is solid.

6. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Retro low has a different sole than the Achilles low.

7. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

:rotflmao:

1 person likes this.
  8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Do all CPs have removable footbeds, and if so, how long has that been going on? I realized recently that my RG Bballs have them, which is a nice touch.

9. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

If it's a thing it's a recent thing because my achilles from '13 do not have removable insoles.

10. ike_hiking_boots

Achilles no longer have a removable footbeds. Tournament and B-Balls do.

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Interesting. My Bballs from a few years ago (maybe they're technically vintage since they have an ecru sole?) don't have a removable footbed, just the RG ones. Training boots, chelseas, and achilles don't either.

12. ike_hiking_boots

13. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

damn thats an expensive insole. feit ones are about 30. are they any better?

14. jet

jet Senior member

buttero used to make some nice looking boots what happened

1 person likes this.
  15. ike_hiking_boots

they won't be interchangeable if that's what you mean? the lasts are different shapes.

the feit are all leather insoles and also have the option of he replacement of the cork footbed if you use it.

the buttero insole is a thin leather layer bonded to a rubber and foam cushion formed insole. 18 Euros sounds about right.

16. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

oh 18 euros isnt bad. shows $55 for US though so its region specific pricing i guess

17. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

Anyone who has both the Achilles and Retro lows: did you get the same size in both models? I'm hoping that the Retros will fit much like the Achilles but with a bigger toe box....

18. ike_hiking_boots

Agree $55 is expensive although they are offering free shipping to the USA so I suspect that is why the price has been pushed up. Shipping to the UK is 11 Euros for total price is 29 Euros / apx. £25.

19. JinormusJ

JinormusJ Member

So I'm kinda freaking out about my sizing now again on my Achilles Lows

I wear 7 in Vans Authentics, 7.5 in Adidas, and 8 in Nike Frees/Trainers. From what I understand though is that Vans fit half-size-big, Adidas are usually TTS, and Nike is half-size-small so that puts my TTS at 7.5

I got a size 39 in Achilles Low and the sizing feels like it's spot on, but there's just a tiny bit of extra length in the toebox. However, the space feels all filled up (if that makes sense): super snug on my big toe and pinky toe. Width is super super snug though.

I've technically already sized down with the 39s but the box to my Vans and a few sizing charts say that size 7 is a 39. However, I don't think I'll survive sizing down "again" to a 38 to fit the length as I'm thinking the width will destroy my feet. Anyone care to chime in?

Wore them around the house, still have time to make an exchange of needed

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  20. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

why would u size down if its snug width wise? use insole/heelcup/tonguepad if u need space filled (maybe even size up if necessary) or find different shoes

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    2 people like this.