• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bill H

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Tried on the shearling bomber at Celine Bond St last week. Wasn't what I went into the store to look at but after trying I quite liked it.

I'm a true (built) 48 - the size below is a 46. They didn't have other sizes to try on in store and 44/48 are both unavailable.

Can you guys tell me what you think of the fit of the size 46? It's a lot of money, do you think the fit (on me) justifies the cost? I couldn't get it without thinking it is perfect. The shoulder seam lines hang off (typical in this stye I think?) so not sure how annoyed/concerned I should be about that, if the rest of the outfit is on point. 46 already felt quite fitted - could hardly bend arms to use the pockets (in fact, I'm not sure I could, but I could live without that if the fit is better). Also, unfortunately only have a picture with it partially zipped, think it'd look better if I zipped it a little higher (if I zip it at all, typically do not bother but I might with this jacket as I like the way it nips in at the back/waist when zipped).

Other nice details of the jacket are the ends of the arms are stitched closer together so you have to push your hand through the sleeve opening/keep winds out. I like the gold tone buckles and the nicely sized zipper teeth too.

Please tear me a new one as I'm looking at this through rose tinted glasses.

Thanks

View attachment 1279130 View attachment 1279131 View attachment 1279132 View attachment 1279133 View attachment 1279134 View attachment 1279135 View attachment 1279136 View attachment 1279137 View attachment 1279138 View attachment 1279139
Ohyehh... you wind up picking this one up? I saw it in person today and I was really impressed... and it is also a bit unique imo

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Just left the Woodbury outlet and they have a lot of SS19 mens RTW.

They had a large selection of leather outerwear including the classic biker and a lamb one-button chesterfield ($4500).

They also had silver Jacno 60s, leopard print calfskin chelseas and lizard embossed jodhpur boots, all below $700.

Accessories wise they had a few scarves and neckties for men.

Generally a good selection, but nothing I was particularly looking for.

rire

Reaction score

They had a large selection of leather outerwear including the classic biker and a lamb one-button chesterfield ($4500).

They also had silver Jacno 60s, leopard print calfskin chelseas and lizard embossed jodhpur boots, all below $700.

Interesting, I'll have to call the Celine outlet in Paris, they might have started to stock stuff as well!

Randeep

Reaction score
Men... the Mexican Teddy at 3k or FW13 Allure coat at 2700???

I love both. The mexican teddy is badass but you'll get more wear out of the allure coat. The allure coat IMO is unparalleled - the dark blue, the layout of the gold buttons, the super severe cut (very high, very skinny armholes), the small peaked lapels, the length (not _too_ long) - just incredible. I hardly get any wear out of mine (as too skinny even having sized up one) but on the odd occasion i'm anorexic enough it's the bomb.

Ohyehh... you wind up picking this one up? I saw it in person today and I was really impressed... and it is also a bit unique imo

No I didn't. Pretty ****** of me not to respond in this thread. I took on board all of your opinions (thanks very much) but I guess my heart wasn't it in _that_ much (that and the price). Having said that though I lucked out because a coat I did _really_ want from Hedi's last season cropped up so I got that instead.... see SL thread.

Bill H

Reaction score
I love both. The mexican teddy is badass but you'll get more wear out of the allure coat. The allure coat IMO is unparalleled - the dark blue, the layout of the gold buttons, the super severe cut (very high, very skinny armholes), the small peaked lapels, the length (not _too_ long) - just incredible. I hardly get any wear out of mine (as too skinny even having sized up one) but on the odd occasion i'm anorexic enough it's the bomb.

No I didn't. Pretty ****** of me not to respond in this thread. I took on board all of your opinions (thanks very much) but I guess my heart wasn't it in _that_ much (that and the price). Having said that though I lucked out because a coat I did _really_ want from Hedi's last season cropped up so I got that instead.... see SL thread.
Hahaha.. thanks for both thoughts. OK, you got me a bit jazzed on the Allure (not that I am not jazzed on the teddy)... we will see what pops up first.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
Hahaha.. thanks for both thoughts. OK, you got me a bit jazzed on the Allure (not that I am not jazzed on the teddy)... we will see what pops up first.

I’d opt for the Teddy as I consider it more wearable and more debonair... I understand ohyehhh’s POV but the Allure coat (while good) strikes me as more rigid and almost part of a uniform rather than a distinct yet equally deliberate Mexican Teddy. I admit that you can’t go wrong with either.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
So, rumour has it that Celine is skipping men's fashion week in January, going for a mixed show during women's fashion week in February/March. Instead there will be a showcase of a pre-collection during men's fashion week. I think it will be interesting to see a mixed show again like 01, as you really can see how the looks compliment each other.

Yes, this has been confirmed. Honestly they should’ve just combined the women’s and men’s show for S/S20, there was definitely enough overlap to justify a unity.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
The biker camargue are 50mm. For me it’s not the height, it’s the chelse/stretch bit, which I think looks really ugly. I’ve always much preferred jodhpurs and zip boots.

Ah I see. I must disagree, I’ve really taken to the black Camargue with western stitch detailing on the toe.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Corduroy version from fall. Sounds like it fits the same. Cropped, boxy with looser sleeves (slightly long as well). My cowboy teddy is a 48 I and sized down to a small in this.

View attachment 1293931

Sounds like it's the same jacket just different fabric. Is your one lined with Sherpa on the body, and then lined with normal lining on the sleeves?

I've ordered a size down anyway so hopefully that will make enough of a difference. I like the boxy look with skinny jeans, but in size large it looked huge.

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Sounds like it's the same jacket just different fabric. Is your one lined with Sherpa on the body, and then lined with normal lining on the sleeves?

I've ordered a size down anyway so hopefully that will make enough of a difference. I like the boxy look with skinny jeans, but in size large it looked huge.

Yea, sounds exactly the same sans the exterior fabric. I'll probably end up grabbing the one you have in the next few weeks. I have a soft spot for shearling truckers lol

Bill H

Reaction score
I’d opt for the Teddy as I consider it more wearable and more debonair... I understand ohyehhh’s POV but the Allure coat (while good) strikes me as more rigid and almost part of a uniform rather than a distinct yet equally deliberate Mexican Teddy. I admit that you can’t go wrong with either.
Thank you... they are both bangers no question about it

Louis D

Reaction score

Any chance they had the 'Braided Piping Biker' on hand?

rire

Reaction score
Guys, I'm torn... What pair shall I get?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-12-10 à 21.27.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-12-10 à 21.27.43.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Capture d’écran 2019-12-10 à 21.27.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-12-10 à 21.27.50.png
    462.6 KB · Views: 103

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads