• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

hediboy

Reaction score
hediboy - first off, both of those boots would look killer with that peak-lapel jacket!

the pythons would be very special, and would give me that 'wooo' reaction.

the smooth versions are probably easy to incorporate, almost a smooth baller. the pythons will have a dangerous, more rock n' roll element. the smooth more mod.
I think what attracts me on those boots when comparing not so much on first season white western boots is at the brown heels, they matched so good on white leather. Thanks all for the put.

Bill H

Reaction score
I think what attracts me on those boots when comparing not so much on first season white western boots is at the brown heels, they matched so good on white leather. Thanks all for the put.
No argument there... the devil is definitely in the details.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
So, was at the store recently and removed the chain harness from the Biker Camargue Chelsea boot (with permission from the SA, of course) and put it on the 60mm Jacno. It doesn’t fit perfectly but it does kind of fit - and it looks great. Don’t have a picture sadly as I completely forgot in the moment.

Personally I’m not going to drop £740 just to add a harness to my Jacnos, but it illustrates that Hedi needs to hurry up and give us a harness version of the boot ASAP, especially now that I’ve accepted that I will never find my grail of the 60mm harness Wyatts in DS/BNWT condition in the wild.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
So, was at the store recently and removed the chain harness from the Biker Camargue Chelsea boot (with permission from the SA, of course) and put it on the 60mm Jacno. It doesn’t fit perfectly but it does kind of fit - and it looks great. Don’t have a picture sadly as I completely forgot in the moment.

Personally I’m not going to drop £740 just to add a harness to my Jacnos, but it illustrates that Hedi needs to hurry up and give us a harness version of the boot ASAP, especially now that I’ve accepted that I will never find my grail of the 60mm harness Wyatts in DS/BNWT condition in the wild.

I was under the impression that the Biker Carmargue are 60mm... they certainly harken back to the days of the SLP Wyatt but with a slightly more modern twist. Personally I think the Wyatt is late in it’s life cycle - at least the most popular iterations - and am more excited by the Jacno and Carmargue boots (although I quite dislike the paper-thin soles).

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the Biker Carmargue are 60mm... they certainly harken back to the days of the SLP Wyatt but with a slightly more modern twist. Personally I think the Wyatt is late in it’s life cycle - at least the most popular iterations - and am more excited by the Jacno and Carmargue boots (although I quite dislike the paper-thin soles).

The biker camargue are 50mm. For me it’s not the height, it’s the chelse/stretch bit, which I think looks really ugly. I’ve always much preferred jodhpurs and zip boots.

youwhat

Reaction score
anyone have any style of the camargue in suede AND leather versions?
are there any differences in fit?

Malour

Reaction score
So, rumour has it that Celine is skipping men's fashion week in January, going for a mixed show during women's fashion week in February/March. Instead there will be a showcase of a pre-collection during men's fashion week. I think it will be interesting to see a mixed show again like 01, as you really can see how the looks compliment each other.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does make sense, especially with the blending of the lines, etc. and I can imagine some economies of scale for set design, etc. I just wouldn't want to lose focus on the growth of menswear versus the steady ship that is women's fashion.

norigim

Reaction score
Did Celine sales stop? I was waffling on buying a coat and now the online section is gone :(

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the sherpa lined denim jacket below?

2Q028642E.07VS_1_FALL19_220895v1.jpg

Mine arrived today. I ordered size large which is the same size I take in the Saint Laurent permanent collection denim jacket which fits me perfectly, but this Celine jacket is really big, especially in the arms (arm holes were surprisingly low compared to what I'm used to from Hedi). Is this a Celine thing he's been doing lately, or do I just need to buy a smaller size? I'm concerned that if I order a medium, or even small, then the issue may still be there. I presume that perhaps it's cut bigger because it's intended to be buttoned vs a normal denim which don't tend to be worn buttoned up by anybody. Still doesn't explain the size of the arms though.

I guess what I'm asking is does sizing down make these jackets look better or do they still look a weird cut, just a smaller version?

I picked up the Corduroy version from fall. Sounds like it fits the same. Cropped, boxy with looser sleeves (slightly long as well). My cowboy teddy is a 48 I and sized down to a small in this.

0330B0BA-5AE9-453B-BB0D-C52DEA93DB02.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
Men... the Mexican Teddy at 3k or FW13 Allure coat at 2700???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads