• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
As a quick aside, is anyone able to suggest any alternatives to the flared denim featured on Celine’s S/S20 runway? I’m not completely against purchasing a pair when they release but I can’t help but feel as if I’m being swindled when I can find denim of comparable quality and similar fit for a third or half the price.

Bill H

Reaction score
As a quick aside, is anyone able to suggest any alternatives to the flared denim featured on Celine’s S/S20 runway? I’m not completely against purchasing a pair when they release but I can’t help but feel as if I’m being swindled when I can find denim of comparable quality and similar fit for a third or half the price.
+1

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Levis 527 - composition depends on the wash
Wrangler Slim Cowboy Cut 936 - 100% cotton
SLP SS15 D09 - 98% cotton 2% elastane

Obviously you can also go for vintage jeans but these are the readily available options.

Bill H

Reaction score
Levis 527 - composition depends on the wash
Wrangler Slim Cowboy Cut 936 - 100% cotton
SLP SS15 D09 - 98% cotton 2% elastane

Obviously you can also go for vintage jeans but these are the readily available options.
You have quick thoughts on the best vintage option?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the sherpa lined denim jacket below?

2Q028642E.07VS_1_FALL19_220895v1.jpg

Mine arrived today. I ordered size large which is the same size I take in the Saint Laurent permanent collection denim jacket which fits me perfectly, but this Celine jacket is really big, especially in the arms (arm holes were surprisingly low compared to what I'm used to from Hedi). Is this a Celine thing he's been doing lately, or do I just need to buy a smaller size? I'm concerned that if I order a medium, or even small, then the issue may still be there. I presume that perhaps it's cut bigger because it's intended to be buttoned vs a normal denim which don't tend to be worn buttoned up by anybody. Still doesn't explain the size of the arms though.

I guess what I'm asking is does sizing down make these jackets look better or do they still look a weird cut, just a smaller version?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kieran I had the same thought as you on that jacket! I tried some pieces such as that and got the sense that they all had the oversized, 'boyfriend's jacket' look if that makes sense. The arms are a lot bigger which captures that 80s movie vibe. I wasn't into it, I still love that super sleek Dior sleeve for some reason.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that's what it is, definitely has that oversized 80s feel. It's a cool look, just not for me. Like you I like everything really sleek and sharp.

Bill H

Reaction score
Kieran I had the same thought as you on that jacket! I tried some pieces such as that and got the sense that they all had the oversized, 'boyfriend's jacket' look if that makes sense. The arms are a lot bigger which captures that 80s movie vibe. I wasn't into it, I still love that super sleek Dior sleeve for some reason.
I am with you; those Hedi Dior suits are still bangers... great shoulders too.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear them all the time. Still receive compliments. I'm not rail thin like the models so doesn't look as fashion forward, just sort of flows very well.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely picking up the flared denim, most likely in hickory stripe when it arrives. I am on that ****. I'm really liking the rest of the stuff too, especially the white Chelseas and white jacno laceups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads