• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the Celine black or grey tapered sweatpants a lot over this vacation. According to Karl Lagerfeld, I've "given up," but otherwise I look like a middle-aged man dressing like a teen. it's super comfortable though and they're not gigantic. I don't mind the subtle logo. They look great with mid-height sneakers.
You should get a bucket hat next

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Like most men I try to dress in a way that makes me look attractive to women. But I still wear only what I like and wouldn't ever dress in a way I don't like for women's or other people's approval.

Young hot women over here these days are more impressed by streetwear stuff and obvious labels, Dior monogram, LV, off white, moncler, Balenciaga trainers, Jordans and dunks etc. Not a chance I'll ever dress like that. Times have changed so much all that streetwear stuff used to be for nerds that queued up overnight for new releases of supreme or whatever and then never took them out the box.

I like to dress for myself and being perceived as attractive is an added bonus. Let's say you dress for others and then no one mentions anything about your look or gives you a compliment, what's even the point? I think you'd just feel down by it and won't even appreciate what fashion is at that point.

In a way I don't mind that my style isn't what's considered an attractive look by mainstream standards when it comes to style and pieces. Maybe I even like the fact that black skinnies, boots and a leather jacket make me look less approachable by comparison. It takes away a lot of the hassle that way. Not that I'm not a social person by any means, but yeah.

Coincidentally David Beckham fits into that conversation. He's kind of a style icon for "normal" dudes who aren't that deep into fashion from what I've seen. Obviously dressing like him isn't gonna do you any good if you don't look like him.

Um, I realize many on this thread like everything to look very clean and tight but you do realize that there are people out there that actually like creases and wear in their leathers and that Beckham may be one of them, right?

It's not about how loose it fits in my eyes, it's about how the sleeves look. There's something vaguely unnatural about the stacking and I've never seen that on SL leathers before. Is that just me?

Yeah, but don't you live in one of those Scandinavian countries where all the women are beautiful?

Man I wish. I guess the Netherlands is alright though. I remember reading about a Swedish girl whose confidence skyrocketed when she moved to the US because suddenly she was considered very attractive whereas back home she was just "average," according to her.

godnose

Reaction score
Seeing the hoodies with Celine on the hood quite a bit out and about. Especially London urban music types. Probably because Central Cee had an all Celine logo look and he's quite influential for fashion in that scene.

Really!? Wow, I still haven't seen any! They are definitely selling fast, but I never see them. Such a paradox!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much influence it has when people see artists they like wearing it. Grime and drill isn't my thing so it wouldn't influence me, but I know certain artists in that scene are influential enough to sell stuff out (maybe AJ Tracey, Central Cee).

Corteiz is blowing up in London pretty much through a few artists wearing it, and of course the hideous trapstar is massive from the same business model on a bigger scale.

rire

Reaction score
Um, I realize many on this thread like everything to look very clean and tight but you do realize that there are people out there that actually like creases and wear in their leathers and that Beckham may be one of them, right?
The argument doesn't really work in this case as this was obviously the first (and only?) time David Beckham was ever going to wear that jacket but maybe his stylist wore the **** of out it for 6 months prior to give it this 'worn' look though, you never know...

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this teddy iteration in Men section ?

teddy_f.jpg

pockets

Reaction score
i dont think celine gets enough credit for artist collaborations, really.

the sheer amount worked into each collection is such a clever way of delivering novelty and new references to the wearer, without the typical tactic of hype. its refreshing.

there are so many artists collaborations in the collection that really, any graphic or embellishment that is offered was done by an artist most would honestly not be familiar with.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's sizing on the cord varsity? I'm still undecided at the moment but I might as well find out in case I decide to go for it. Cheers.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers. If I go for it I might be tempted to order 48 and 50. I always seem to be between the two and some things work better sized down and others a bit looser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads