• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
w1200_q80.jpg

???

shoegazesummer

Reaction score

As a fan of Teen Knight Poem this was one of the pieces that made me cringe the most. It didn't even feel like it belonged in the general subculture combination of romantic renaissance goth x PNW grunge that TKP was trying to recreate and I still don't understood why it was included. The timb-clones, sure it's still on brand for grunge. But why this? Solely to pamper to some e-boy customer base? Is there some inspo pic of Kurt Cobain wearing faux shoes like this that I'm unaware of? The description on Mr. Porter implies it is from a renaissance reference but I don't see that either.

godnose

Reaction score
Fair enough, the boots are not great and out of place, but TKP has so many knock out pieces. I genuinely think it was one of the best collections and shows of the last 5 years. So many stunning jackets in this collection. Great knitwear. The look of it and the mood was awesome. If people want Saint Laurent, then go to Saint Laurent!!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My purview has shrunk to Philadelphia, New York, and LA. I don’t travel much now obviously and even then it’s been like one visit here or there.

Do you all see some Celine pieces in the wild or is it more of an East-Asian phenomenon? RE: the skinny jeans discussion on the SL thread, I still see a ton of them, but mostly on the young professional or professional crowd, whereas the billowy Celine jeans are ubiquitous in the under 18 crowd, particular, les jeunes femmes.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, the boots are not great and out of place, but TKP has so many knock out pieces. I genuinely think it was one of the best collections and shows of the last 5 years. So many stunning jackets in this collection. Great knitwear. The look of it and the mood was awesome. If people want Saint Laurent, then go to Saint Laurent!!
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the knitwear, although I like the basic crewnecks. I do really like the houndstooth blazer, and the overcoats look quite awesome. Has anyone bought on of those? Unfortunately, I don't really see myself buying anything, as it's just not what I'm looking for right now

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SirGrotius I'm seeing more skinny jeans in UK cities than before when the baggy thing first got popular. With baggy it's mainly girls, and men that are student age, or creative and alternative types. Most women I know still wear a mix of silhouettes including baggy, slim and skinny. I like it for girls but not men.

The worst has to be the Tommy, guess, pouches, air max etc looks.

Lots of Celine in the UK hip hop etc scene, artists like central cee, headie one, all head to toe in it.

Casual is still the dominant look and smart clothes and shoes are rare other than for certain venues.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
My purview has shrunk to Philadelphia, New York, and LA. I don’t travel much now obviously and even then it’s been like one visit here or there.

Do you all see some Celine pieces in the wild or is it more of an East-Asian phenomenon?

No I don't and never have. I do live in a big European city but it's not one that seems too concerned with fashion. I'll tell you the secret formula to having a good fit here:

Wear whatever you want and add one Dsquared hat.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a neat note I saw that there is a candle collection. I could see a number is scents such as Dans Paris and Saint Germain working well.

godnose

Reaction score
Do you all see some Celine pieces in the wild or is it more of an East-Asian phenomenon? RE: the skinny jeans discussion on the SL thread, I still see a ton of them, but mostly on the young professional or professional crowd, whereas the billowy Celine jeans are ubiquitous in the under 18 crowd, particular, les jeunes femmes.

Out in the wild I saw this jumper from TDK on someone in Haggerston, East London:

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 19.27.30.png

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the knitwear, although I like the basic crewnecks. I do really like the houndstooth blazer, and the overcoats look quite awesome. Has anyone bought on of those? Unfortunately, I don't really see myself buying anything, as it's just not what I'm looking for right now

Aaaand, I bought this jacket from TKP. For me it was a stand out piece because it's a very unique cut pattern for a denim jacket with the panel inserts. Great if I could go for a leather jacket from that collection, but just far too much money for me and I'm very happy with the look of this denim piece:

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 19.30.04.png

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Do you all see some Celine pieces in the wild or is it more of an East-Asian phenomenon?

I bought this cardigan, but it's still been too hot in NYC to wear it yet. I got a size M as that's my normal Celine knitwear size but it's oversized anyways.

2A99R213O.28MR_1_WIN21 1600.jpg

I also bought the classic black cashmere crewneck, but seeing that in the wild is less obvious it's from TKP. It's not oversized but definitly more comfortable fitting than a M turtleneck I bought a few seasons ago that fits pretty snug.

2A528981E.38NO_1_FALL19_230564v1.jpg

I do really like the houndstooth blazer, and the overcoats look quite awesome. Has anyone bought on of those?

If it ends up on sale I would consider buying the blazer.

On a neat note I saw that there is a candle collection. I could see a number is scents such as Dans Paris and Saint Germain working well.

I'm curious what led to the decision to have candles. Is anyone considering buying them? I saw they plan to have a nightclubbing candle and as much as I love nightclubbing as a fragrance I can't see myself wanting to have my own apartment smell like the combination of nicotine and vanilla.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads