• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i don't know for sure bc this image is a couple of years old, but i'm p sure tee grizzley is wearing amiri jeans here
1626559259348.png

i cant find it now but i remember someone on twitter saying he looked like a handheld clamp and i've never forgotten it
1626559379069.png

anyway, yeah amiri is trash, **** that guy

Attachments

• 1626559257451.png
    1626559257451.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
i don't know for sure bc this image is a couple of years old, but i'm p sure tee grizzley is wearing amiri jeans here View attachment 1640446
i cant find it now but i remember someone on twitter saying he looked like a handheld clamp and i've never forgotten it View attachment 1640448
anyway, yeah amiri is trash, **** that guy

Thanks man. I'm gonna have to bleach my eyes now.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

I watched this video yesterday and thought it was cool. Since the Libertines are loosely related to Hedi I figured some of you might enjoy it too.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, cool, yes, that was the heyday right? There's something always engrossing about the fall.

I really like this jacket from TKP assuming the fur is not part of it and that I don't have to have shoulders two sizes too large. ;)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I watched this video yesterday and thought it was cool. Since the Libertines are loosely related to Hedi I figured some of you might enjoy it too.

I saw one of this guy's videos on a different band, thought it was alright.

With regard to teh libertines and that early 2000's independent music: for me it has just not aged well at all. I don't know why. I think it may be due to the fact that bands were consciously imitating earlier ones, and the originals were just better. It just seems like putting out novel rock music is impossible, as it's all been done. I remember going to those shows, and enjoying them at the time, but I would never put on an album by any of those bands today. Is that just me?

Also, I wouldn't mind some more of these dreadful Amiri fits. I'm fascinated by people just falling on their faces

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, cool, yes, that was the heyday right? There's something always engrossing about the fall.

I really like this jacket from TKP assuming the fur is not part of it and that I don't have to have shoulders two sizes too large. ;)

Looks like it's a fur bag.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I saw one of this guy's videos on a different band, thought it was alright.

With regard to teh libertines and that early 2000's independent music: for me it has just not aged well at all. I don't know why. I think it may be due to the fact that bands were consciously imitating earlier ones, and the originals were just better. It just seems like putting out novel rock music is impossible, as it's all been done. I remember going to those shows, and enjoying them at the time, but I would never put on an album by any of those bands today. Is that just me?

I would love to go back in time and go to those shows but I was just a tiny boy listening to metal at the time. However, I was a fan of the Libertines before I got into fashion so it was a fun surprise to see the connection to Hedi. I think the Libertines, the Strokes etc have aged well because it's just fun and catchy music. It's just not as good as it was back then because of how saturated the genres are now. Everyone appreciates Black Sabbath and Metallica, even people who aren't into metal. No one really cared that Immortal made a straight up black metal album for the ninth time. Those are bands that were either the first ones within their genre or some of the first ones to do it well.

Most of those post punk revival bands truly are nothing crazy but do they really need to be? Even my colleagues from my previous job could tolerate the Strokes and that's saying something.

Also, I wouldn't mind some more of these dreadful Amiri fits. I'm fascinated by people just falling on their faces

One more then.

image.jpeg

m0butt

Reaction score
Sure people have ruined the brand but I don’t think Amiri stuff is that bad, I actually love the bandana boots

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
This screams "hey look at me, I spent thousands on dollars on clothes because I'm rich!!" meanwhile he's broke because he spent all his money trying to look rich.

It's just that wave of throwing a lot of expensive pieces together without considering anything, apart from the fact that these shoes are yellow so my tee has to be yellow as well. I can't even call it a wave since this has been the popular thing for years.

Sure people have ruined the brand but I don’t think Amiri stuff is that bad, I actually love the bandana boots

I think the people over at Mr. Porter do a solid job of making the brand look good.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Unfortunately for me this is not the popular way to style Amiri. : )

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, we need more of these Amiri fits. I had no idea there were people out there buying this stuff.

To be clear, I kinda liked some of his latest runway shows the first time I looked at them--but the items I see showing up in stores are just the endless selection of hyper-distressed skin tight jeans and logo t-shirts and hoodies.

Edit: I just found this terrible article on how Amiri is moving away from skinny jeans, as if he's at the cutting edge of this trend. I quote from it https://www.gq.com/story/amiri-fw21-jeans-interview:
Mike Amiri, the Los Angeles fashion designer, is synonymous with the slim cut. Perhaps that’s putting it too gently: his pants, specifically the shredded moto jeans for which he’s most famous, are skin tight, cost $900, sell swiftly at Mr. Porter and Ssense, and are widely beloved by rappers, basketball players, and the creative director types who should technically live in New York but “just can’t” leave LA (“man”). Back in 2019, Amiri said he was on track to do $100,000,000 in business over the next three years

Also, if you go to google images and just type in "Amiri rapper" you get a ton of hideous fits. I bet if you type basketball player you might get a lot more.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads