• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Spaceman333

Reaction score
What elitism? Where? Who said that?

And I should be concerned whether Celine make a profit or not because...?

Agreed. It's what you do with it that counts.

And on the evidence of his IG, he does absolutely nothing with it whatsoever.

you're right, he should pose with a lit cigarette. so much more authenticity :rotflmao:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at the difference from the first Celine collection to Dancing Kid; they barely even complement one another. It's ok to have a diverse wardrobe and enjoy a bit of everything.
Yeah, I think there are different ways people can go about it. I don't want to hate on someone who changes style from season to season. Full ss19, then full fw19, then full ss20, then full fw21, then full ss21 etc. Or wearing a different season every day. ss19 on Monday. ss21 on Tuesday. Girls do it all the time.

But I also think men have the "short end of the stick" with fashion. It is normal for girls to be constantly switching styles, but guys are expected to sort of have one consistent image they're presenting or else they are a "fashionista", which is not what most in society view as a positive trait for men. Rather than fighting against the system, I just play along. That's why I crafted the style spectrum idea to ensure that there is a certain consistency in my wardrobe so that the image I'm presenting can be as consistent and congruent as possible.

zrn

Reaction score
this is getting way overly complicated. So I'll give my opinion straight up

Have you looked at his instagram? It's totally unconvincing, every shot is a different look. "Style" in kit form, with no personality whatsoever. Like trying on a false mustache, nose, and glasses.

EDIT: I think he looks pretty good sat in the armchair, but it's basically the only decent fit on his entire feed. If he dressed in creative variants on that look everyday I'm sure I'd rate him highly, but as it is he's wearing carhaart in one photo and a suit in the next. Which could also work, if there were some kind of personal thread holding it altogether. There's none.

Wear whatever you want, the connecting thread is you like it. You'll end up dressing like the people you want to fit in with or the styles you want to emulate anyway. (maybe that ends up being wearing a ton of different styles, who knows...)

weird, i think that noist guy looks bad in most of his pics. he doesnt seem to have any personal style, he just wears different expensive clothes (more like the clothes are wearing him tbh). not quite sure why he bought a teddy that looks to me at least 1 size too big for him either

Initially when I first saw the pictures I agreed with some of you that I don't like the second outfit...but differing from most I also happen to think the first is fine. I've come to the conclusion that I honestly just don't like his face and the hat is covering it.

Yeah, I think there are different ways people can go about it. I don't want to hate on someone who changes style from season to season. Full ss19, then full fw19, then full ss20, then full fw21, then full ss21 etc. Or wearing a different season every day. ss19 on Monday. ss21 on Tuesday. Girls do it all the time.

But I also think men have the "short end of the stick" with fashion. It is normal for girls to be constantly switching styles, but guys are expected to sort of have one consistent image they're presenting or else they are a "fashionista", which is not what most in society view as a positive trait for men. Rather than fighting against the system, I just play along. That's why I crafted the style spectrum idea to ensure that there is a certain consistency in my wardrobe so that the image I'm presenting can be as consistent and congruent as possible.

I think if you're wearing celine/slp and not just skinny jeans and 30mm boots you shouldn't worry about being a "fashionista". A non-insignificant portion of the population is already considering you suspect for wearing jackets that end above your ass, leather pants, and wearing 60mm heels as a man. I think a different non-insignificant portion of the population is totally fine with a man changing their style image and it's not worth your time trying to please everyone. Especially if the change is only from the more accessible side of celine/slp to streetwear.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A non-insignificant portion of the population is already considering you suspect for wearing jackets that end above your ass
I'm definitely guilty for this. I love it so much, but I have to agree with you that it is suspect. As much as I want to blend in, I still have some rebellious streaks I don't want to let go of. I'll just rationalize it all as me trying my best even if I know I'm not perfectly blended in.

Randeep

Reaction score
Found some other shots of Timothée Chalamet wearing ss19
1611465496378.png

1611465440416.png
Timothy's look's intended fit.

This may be a controversial take, but I think Timothy Olyphant (or whatever his name is) looks terrible in Celine. In his defense, leather trousers are nearly impossible to pull off, so I give him credit for attempting it. but those recently pics, as well as the one of him at some ceremony thing, are verging on the catastrophic in my opinion. Especially, when you juxtapose them, as thorns did, with that blonde twin guy, who looks insanely cool.

Every picture variation I've seen of that fit from Timothée Chalamet (because of the leather pants) just looks off... but then he made a conscious decision to get papped in it on the red carpet, and I thought based on what's been posted here before him and Hedi have known each other for a long time ... so Hedi let him represent Celine like that...? I'm thinking more domme/fireman/guys on IG who like other guys in leather, when I seem him in that fit, the stacking doesn't look too dissimilar from this:

Not_actually_a_fireman_(3649778088).jpg

Also I recall someone mentioning that the 70s studded jacket was unique cause it was the first jacket Hedi designed from the ground up in a while, well...

There are two people that I frequently speak to about Hedi/SL/Celine/clothing/this thread/upcoming purchases etc. One of them is the person who I quoted, that you're referencing here (and is a member who seldom posts/reads) that was helping me work through the justification phase of whether to buy that jacket in their usual pragmatic and compelling manner. I didn't take what they said literally, but it brought me clarity/perspective in setting that jacket apart from others in the FW20 collection. I was already half convinced solely on the basis that Hedi wore it (yeah, I know), so it didn't take much to sway me. What's charming though is that this ebay profile you've linked belongs to someone that posts (infrequently) in this thread, and is that 2nd person I wax lyrical to about Hedi ?

Randeep

Reaction score
I used to think the handcuff bracelet was super corny...but seeing the E-boy jewellery made me have another perspective.

I always found they look super cool and unique, but the only thing that prevented me purchasing is that they're high-shine silver, and coated (I think) in a way that they'd keep their lustre. This means they wouldn't mix well with all of my aged silver SL jewellery. Plus I've seen on the resale market and they seem to pick up scratches quite easily. It does look really cool in this pic though. But (just thinking about it since you posted)... I've just recently got a large tattoo composition over my left forearm down to the wrist area and now I'm thinking, this kind of '**** you' bright handcuff bracelet would mesh pretty well over a '**** you' kind of tattoo.

Recently I saw this guy (OK, he's got tattoos too) wear the chain version of the handcuff, and whist I'd have never previously considered it, it does look badass here:

Spaceman333

Reaction score
There are two people that I frequently speak to about Hedi/SL/Celine/clothing/this thread/upcoming purchases etc. One of them is the person who I quoted, that you're referencing here (and is a member who seldom posts/reads) that was helping me work through the justification phase of whether to buy that jacket in their usual pragmatic and compelling manner. I didn't take what they said literally, but it brought me clarity/perspective in setting that jacket apart from others in the FW20 collection. I was already half convinced solely on the basis that Hedi wore it (yeah, I know), so it didn't take much to sway me. What's charming though is that this ebay profile you've linked belongs to someone that posts (infrequently) in this thread, and is that 2nd person I wax lyrical to about Hedi ?

that’s right cool! quite the vintage find

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hedi wearing shirt+tie with a windbreaker jacket
1611539607733.png

1611539619809.png

This reminds me of what one of the Celine models, Steinberg, wore. I kind of like having a windbreaker tone down the formality of a suit when wearing it ironically.
1611539709808.png

HBoy

Reaction score
Passed on getting raw indigo jeans. Can't see myself switching it up since my bottoms has always been black......for at least 10 years now.
On the sidenote purchased the drugstore derby and jacno single monkstrap.... was going to return one of them but decided to keep both as they are too nice to choose from either or. Dont mind posting a pic if anyone is interested.
Almost purchased the jacno 60 boots as well but had a second thought and want to ask you experts again for advice......long story short, anyone could try to convince me that the jacno 60 chelsea/zipped boot could be dressed down with just some black jeans/pants and a t shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads