• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my wardrobe is pretty classic, think Saint Laurent staff uniform, as well as Peter Utz' kind of style, but it's nice to have the odd thing that might be a bit different. I like the idea of the boxy Celine jackets for example, but never really like them when I put them on.

I like slim jeans as well as skinny, but they really have to be cropped otherwise they look very ordinary and I feel a bit stupid wearing cropped jeans at my age. Skinny on the other hand look great with no break or just a slight crop which is more my comfort zone.

In general I think clothes in different silhouettes generally suit women far better than men. I also don't feel like skinny jeans are at a stage where they're uncool for men, but they definitely are getting that way for women.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1607116919951.png

CT-02s look nice here. I want to say they are bulkier than the Saint Laurent basketball sneakers but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help but prefer the SL01Hs because of how much more streamlined they look. But I do understand that the bulkier silhouette of the CT-01s and CT-02s is their selling point.
1607118578093.png

1607118590173.png

Adamdraps

Reaction score
For me, I think it depends on your build. I'm slim, 135 pounds at 5' 10. I look silly wearing straight cut jeans with a fitting shirt. incredibly disproportionate. I look so much better in skinny jeans.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing is for certain, the entire fit makes zero sense. That caban / flares / Lukas combo is tragic.
I didn't exactly clue into what you meant until I really thought about it. Hedi never showed brown suede boots for men on his runway looks at Celine at all so far. Whereas he featured brown suede boots for men in fw13, ss15, and fw16. I could see the Lukas being replaced by Berlins, Camargues, or white Jacno 40s from ss20.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting, but long, video dealing with Millennials feeling upset towards Gen Z's fashion, specifically about flared leggings. The cyclical nature of fashion was brought up, and ss20 was the first time I've ever felt this phenomenon myself. Seeing a silhouette that I have worn before, and abandoned, come back in trend is a little surreal. Some of my feelings of resistance towards y2k-style, popular among Gen-Z, mirrors what some older women felt when leggings came back in trend in the mid-00s. To see one critic eventually come to accept leggings and even embrace it is interesting. I wonder how I would feel a year from now.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fascinating theory amongst Chinese consumers that feel that ss21 men's was heavily inspired by what was popular on their local Taobao market:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads