• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Furq

Reaction score
The online store is fine, I assumed the question related to something being sold out online.
Having said that - this is the first time I’ve preordered items and got them before the online store was even updated.

certainly these aren’t time sensitive to me but at least I could get the sizes I was looking for without knowing if/when there’s a re stock

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
SLP has become embarrassing, selling matches pencils and ice trays etc.

I don't see how that's embarrassing at all. It's fun in my book.

Its basically the Walmart of fashion now

Not sure why you'd even compare the two but alright.

Anthony having survived off of Hedi's almost 10 year old designs is quite shameful in itself.

There's a few points here for me. Obviously you don't want to turn your back on customers by going into an entirely different direction for a brand they love and have supported for years. I feel like Anthony has been staying true to what the customers love while adding a bit of his own in there as well. Not only that but he does it well. The most recent SLP collection has been great in my opinion. I love Hedi as much as most people on here but man I think SLP is miles ahead of Celine at the moment.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I don't see how that's embarrassing at all. It's fun in my book.

Not sure why you'd even compare the two but alright.

There's a few points here for me. Obviously you don't want to turn your back on customers by going into an entirely different direction for a brand they love and have supported for years. I feel like Anthony has been staying true to what the customers love while adding a bit of his own in there as well. Not only that but he does it well. The most recent SLP collection has been great in my opinion. I love Hedi as much as most people on here but man I think SLP is miles ahead of Celine at the moment.

Anthony is basically just a filler, he has no voice, even if you look what he did at Versus by Versace. I'm not saying that he should turn his back on customers but he did try to erase all of Hedi's memory from the house yet he's still copying his work. To me its like Zara now. Hedi's unreleased designs are still being produced at SLP as well as his most iconic. You probably haven't studied the cycles of fashion long enough to know that when you over dilute a brand and sell it out; things can only last so long. You can pick it up on every corner now and it's always on discount. He actually had some cool designs before his eponymous label went out of business. Would you want your legacy to be riding the coat tails of somebody else? It's embarrassing. Yves is probably rolling over in his grave!

SLP was almost bankrupt before Hedi took over, Anthony didn't create its success and he's really done nothing to bring it into the future. Yeah your Grampa's hairstyle from 1970 is once again cool but its not going to stay cool forever.

Im not saying he's not talented but I haven't seen a progression.

Last edited:

zrn

Reaction score
Agree completely. Ultimately I have looked at both collections each of the past couple seasons and have just liked SLP's a bit better. Yea it's definitely a lot of Vaccarello does Slimane but when I'm buying pieces that cost thousands of dollars I'm far more likely to choose the ones that resonate with me over the ones that are more "pure" for the sake of being original.

...However, I liked the Celine slim/skinny jean cuts significantly more than the SLP offerings recently.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Agree completely. Ultimately I have looked at both collections each of the past couple seasons and have just liked SLP's a bit better. Yea it's definitely a lot of Vaccarello does Slimane but when I'm buying pieces that cost thousands of dollars I'm far more likely to choose the ones that resonate with me over the ones that are more "pure" for the sake of being original.

...However, I liked the Celine slim/skinny jean cuts significantly more than the SLP offerings recently.

I'd much rather buy Hedi's past SLP seasons on eBay for a fraction of the price (in most instances).

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I'd much rather buy Hedi's past SLP seasons on eBay for a fraction of the price in most instances.

I agree.

For the past year I've been buying all the pieces I wanted from the FW13 collection. I have almost everything. In fact I got in a pair of black leather harness wyatts from FW13 today.

zrn

Reaction score
I'd much rather buy Hedi's past SLP seasons on eBay for a fraction of the price in most instances.
There’s definitely a few pieces I want from past seasons but it’s difficult (and becoming increasingly so) since I’m only looking for dead stock.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
There’s definitely a few pieces I want from past seasons but it’s difficult (and becoming increasingly so) since I’m only looking for dead stock.

Check the Saint Laurent outlets. You can call and the SA's will email you photos of what's available. Prices are generally 50%-75% off retail. Sometimes you can find amazing pieces.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.06.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.06.17 PM.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.05.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.05.40 PM.png
    49 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.07.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.07.48 PM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reaction score
Just curious what is everybody's favorite look/piece from this season?

This is soooo hard. I loved so much from this show, but not all of it seems to have showed up in the store.

I am very fond of jackets like this, though;
Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.55.49 PM.png

And this cafe racer is a close contender;
Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.56.43 PM.png

I'll have different favorites from the women's, but not all of that seems to have dropped yet.

If the stuff that doesn't seem to have made it in (at least not yet) I like this whole look;

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.26.51 PM.png

And this;

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 9.25.58 PM.png

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
The whole look made it, that's what I love about Hedi's designs, he lets everybody shine.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads