• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Reaction score
@cloonz Just offering some background on the design. I thought some might not know the waist replacement itself was intentional.

Not sure what they were thinking with the tailoring at the back, or again, what the deal with their seeming inauthenticity is (unless they're prototypes or something). Very weird.

MotionInReverse

Reaction score

“Hudson notes that he is the quintessential Celine archetype. “I’m the perfect height. Flat six foot. Tall. Lanky.” Sanchez agrees. “Chase is a fashion boy; he knows Celine,” she says.” I hate using this word, but I cringed reading that part. Black velvet teddy is a must have though.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“Hudson notes that he is the quintessential Celine archetype. “I’m the perfect height. Flat six foot. Tall. Lanky.” Sanchez agrees. “Chase is a fashion boy; he knows Celine,” she says.” I hate using this word, but I cringed reading that part. Black velvet teddy is a must have though.
Don't you want to be a fashion boy??

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

I have the same thing man. Just can't deal with anything Tiktok or Eboy related because I just cringe immediately. Whenever I see a Tiktok logo in a video I'm already afraid of cringing.

Props to that kid tho. He's young and doing mad work. 24 million followers is absolutely insane. Fashion boys rise up.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: TikTok Stars article - absolutely love that sweater with the stars.

Sad that leather jacket from a page back was not part of the US buy. Probably the one piece that stood out to me the most!! Love the look.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Sad that leather jacket from a page back was not part of the US buy. Probably the one piece that stood out to me the most!! Love the look.

Same here. I’m hopeful that my SA will be able to get it in somehow as I’d rather go through him but...

Bryan55

Reaction score
I’ll try to post a fit pic of it later this afternoon for you

Tbh I bought a slightly oversized fit to give it more of a varsity jacket look. I have the SLP teddy in black which I bought a size 48, it is slightly cropped on me but looks nice and sleek

This one is size 52. I am debating a size 50 as well. The downside for me is I dont have a store locally and have established a relationship with a sales agent in NY when I previously traveled there. They said sizes are extremely limited and they are happy to send a 50 to try on but it may take up to 2 weeks - I’d also prefer to avoid dealing with a return as its a hassle for them, myself, and anyone in the future who may end up buying the jacket I sent back. But I also say that to give an idea of the limited availability likely due to covid and any other number of factors.
the purple teddy looks beautiful in person. Dark purple that looks close to black in the dark and wjth a bright light can be seen as a dark and rich purple color

So I pulled the trigger on the purple Teddy in a 48 via Labels. I absolutely love it! It’s a perfect fit and you’re completely right about how rich the velvet velvet looks when the light hits it. It’s everything I had wanted.
A3938F73-E9A8-4489-925F-584669D10C03.jpeg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate Hedi still pushing rangers since he launched them in fw19. A lot of footwear were abandoned (styling-wise/from runway) after each season was over at Saint Laurent. I read somewhere before where Hedi reflected that nowadays, each season can be worn year round instead of just for fall/winter or just for spring/summer.

1599158930135.png

fw19:
1599158954076.png

Furq

Reaction score
Glad to see you are happy with the teddy.

Here’s a couple sizes for myself was wondering what size people think fits better. A smaller 50 and a larger 52. For what it’s worth I’m 6’2” and 165 so despite being relatively tall I’m thinner than most people my height. From looking at the runway pics it appears they’ve been going for the looser fit.

Attachments

• 0D403C62-D2E7-4CFB-A25D-2FD48AC0505D.jpeg
    0D403C62-D2E7-4CFB-A25D-2FD48AC0505D.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 9851F9A7-BB58-4140-972E-A283F729B7A1.jpeg
    9851F9A7-BB58-4140-972E-A283F729B7A1.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 197

MCM_backpack

Reaction score
Just curious what is everybody's favorite look/piece from this season?

Don't have a favorite look but just wanted to share some that I feel are a little underrated from the show. Favorite piece has to go to the suede zip up blouson.

Attachments

• _ALE0756.jpg
    _ALE0756.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 177
  • _ALE0323.jpg
    _ALE0323.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 88
  • _ALE0243.jpg
    _ALE0243.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 71
  • _ALE0172.jpg
    _ALE0172.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 64
  • _ALE0097.jpg
    _ALE0097.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 72
  • _ALE0035.jpg
    _ALE0035.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 80

Spaceman333

Reaction score
Glad to see you are happy with the teddy.

Here’s a couple sizes for myself was wondering what size people think fits better. A smaller 50 and a larger 52. For what it’s worth I’m 6’2” and 165 so despite being relatively tall I’m thinner than most people my height. From looking at the runway pics it appears they’ve been going for the looser fit.

visually I don’t really see a difference. my rule is to go by whichever one gives a comfortable fit with no creases/pulling on the chest/shoulders when buttoned up

MCM_backpack

Reaction score
I see a few people picked up the purple velvet teddy.
If anybody has a size 48 that they want to swap for a 50, i’d be happy to make that trade ?
75F4F5A8-22C3-4964-98E6-37A58A76B28D.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furq - hard to tell. First, both look super sauve and cool. The first strikes me a little more like the Teddy style I'm habituated to seeing, short cut, wrists exposed, very cool, but looks like you're wearing something small for your body. The second probably looks more natural and in line with what Hedi has been showing these shows, although I notice a bit of shoulder slippage, so could be a touch big there, or maybe the way the camera is held.

Furq

Reaction score
Apologize for the rotated pics- I post from my iPhone and the pic is rotated correctly on my phone. When I post the pic it seems to auto rotate - not sure why.

and thanks for the feedback

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads