• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Here's a fit with the macadamia python jacnos. Also picked up the metal frame 01 aviators recently and would highly recommend them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_154906839.jpg
    IMG_20200529_154906839.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 156

clskier

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the jodhpur style that is going to be part of the coming sale is the "drugstore" jodhpur with the low 20mm heel, or the Jacno jodhpur version with the slightly higher cuban heel? Searching the Jacno via Google leads to an in-store sale page without an option to purchase online, but I figured I'd see if anyone knows for sure.

Last edited:

Bryan55

Reaction score
Going back the prince of Wales blazers, I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on the black and white one. Does anyone have experience with Celine’s blazers? I’ve also got my eye on the short black and the white satin striped, but I’m not sure how often I’d wear the striped one. Any word on the quality and fit?

hediboy

Reaction score
Going back the prince of Wales blazers, I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on the black and white one. Does anyone have experience with Celine’s blazers? I’ve also got my eye on the short black and the white satin striped, but I’m not sure how often I’d wear the striped one. Any word on the quality and fit?
I got 3 double breasted jackets from 2019 fall to 2020 spring, fit does really vary from one to the other. But from observation this season should be true to size. One prominent fit to me of Celine vs others is the generally short sleeve length, that I found is great without worrying altering.
The quality is quite the best part to make me buy more tailoring piece than I expected myself (I am more a leather jacket junky). Sewing of the internal makes them fall effortlessly on my torso and shoulders.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I got 3 double breasted jackets from 2019 fall to 2020 spring, fit does really vary from one to the other. But from observation this season should be true to size. One prominent fit to me of Celine vs others is the generally short sleeve length, that I found is great without worrying altering.
The quality is quite the best part to make me buy more tailoring piece than I expected myself (I am more a leather jacket junky). Sewing of the internal makes them fall effortlessly on my torso and shoulders.

Thanks! I will have to wait until the boutique here in NYC opens back up as I also think I’ll need to try them on to find a good fit for me. I’ll also need to have them tailored since I’m only 5’10 and I prefer a shorter jacket.

Bryan55

Reaction score
So I’m talking with the SA who usually helps me at the Madison Ave boutique, he has been told that his boutique is expecting to open in mid June, and the in store sale would then follow accordingly. Now I have no idea if that will happen with how things have been lately, but that seems to be the plan as of now.

No idea about the online sale though.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great call on the blazers hediboy. I briefly perused Celine blazers and found the construction excellent, too. The interior sewing and canvassing seems better than most fashion brands by a longshot.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
So I’m talking with the SA who usually helps me at the Madison Ave boutique, he has been told that his boutique is expecting to open in mid June, and the I store sale would then follow accordingly. Now I have no idea if that will happen with how things have been lately, but that seems to be the plan as of now.

No idea about the online sale though.

The Celine store in Soho was looted last night. I guess it was a good idea for the Madison Ave store to remove everything from the store.

hediboy

Reaction score
Great call on the blazers hediboy. I briefly perused Celine blazers and found the construction excellent, too. The interior sewing and canvassing seems better than most fashion brands by a longshot.
I was quite surprised there was a naysayer on everything from CELINE, though this is fine to have negative reviews. But once you really put some of their clothes on, you could see the difference. I do not have enough Dior stuff, but when comparing to SLP, CELINE is one notch up in tailoring. I do admit the design and creativity might not be as good as those I enjoyed in SLP...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads