• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May need this jacket, pretty unique for my collection of black with some more black:
1582983473849.png

hediboy

Reaction score
If I may, to “show off” my holy grails in that “once upon a time”...

I know, I been collecting a few pieces for the past 8 months. Back in November I got my ultimate grails, the cowboy wyatts in ochre. Just need to find the whisker denim.

The resale prices for the some of the jeans is silly. I mean, yeah I get it they are rare but let's be real here, the items are almost 10 years old and are worn pretty heavily. There's no reason to list them at $1300 for a pair of used ripped up jeans.

Attachments

• 9001591B-C406-4B9D-BE94-C5301C783DA7.jpeg
    9001591B-C406-4B9D-BE94-C5301C783DA7.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 42DB142B-E634-4BA2-AF82-6DB358D0F59C.jpeg
    42DB142B-E634-4BA2-AF82-6DB358D0F59C.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 79

hediboy

Reaction score
May need this jacket, pretty unique for my collection of black with some more black:
View attachment 1346316
This jacket looks more blue to me...
For me, I really love those tux jackets...
Shirts are great too, but those price tag should be outrageous (if rather plain silk stripes shirt could be quite expensive in this season).

Attachments

• B8E5C57C-35DD-4D7D-A231-D1B2B78DBB71.jpeg
    B8E5C57C-35DD-4D7D-A231-D1B2B78DBB71.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 186B12B2-C9CD-4054-920F-088988A5F3D7.jpeg
    186B12B2-C9CD-4054-920F-088988A5F3D7.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 116

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SirGrotius that caban looks nice. I noticed a caban with ten brass buttons too which looks nice, and a double breasted overcoat also with brass buttons. Nice collection overall.

AW13 was nice but SS13 deserves much more credit than it gets. The whole blueprint for what was to come was pretty much there in SS13.

For me personally AW15 was more in line with my own personal style, but the fit of the clothes was better for the two 2013 seasons. I pretty much had my pick at the time for both seasons and there's not really anything I regret not getting or that I haven't been able to get a substitute for from other Hedi collections. The AW15 camel Chesterfield is probably the one thing I'd go back and pick up if I could. And maybe some of the shoes and boots on the original Blake last.

Bill H

Reaction score
I know, I been collecting a few pieces for the past 8 months. Back in November I got my ultimate grails, the cowboy wyatts in ochre. Just need to find the whisker denim.

The resale prices for the some of the jeans is silly. I mean, yeah I get it they are rare but let's be real here, the items are almost 10 years old and are worn pretty heavily. There's no reason to list them at $1300 for a pair of used ripped up jeans.
Nah man, I disagree... I think I payed 1300 for whiskers and I think it is worth the premium to be honest. The rarity definitely adds to it, but it is more that the fit and the look have not been duplicated... same for the OG blowout. The devil is in the detail with Hedi. Now it would have been way better to have grabbed these at the time, but the premium is the tax payed for failing to realize. As for the boots, I would recommend getting them slightly used as that is where the value is.

hediboy

Reaction score
Hediboy... is that the heritage? Do you prefer to the oiled?
Yes, oiled one, first and the best edition of L17. Got also lamb and vintage star print remake, but nothing can beat the cut and leather of the jacket. Back to 2013, everything is better in the material to make both SS and AW.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This jacket looks more blue to me...
For me, I really love those tux jackets...
Shirts are great too, but those price tag should be outrageous (if rather plain silk stripes shirt could be quite expensive in this season).

Definitely blue, which appeals to me for differentiation.

Collection is already growing on me. Tuxes are insanely nice. I already have one nice Tux, not sure I can justify another since I don't get to wear it too often.

Bill H

Reaction score
Definitely blue, which appeals to me for differentiation.

Collection is already growing on me. Tuxes are insanely nice. I already have one nice Tux, not sure I can justify another since I don't get to wear it too often.
Sir G, I may get that velvet DB tux and wear it like a suit... it was that good. And I agree that it is growing on me too... I don't think it will ever be one of my favorite seasons, but I am starting to feel it. BTW, FW16 has been steadily growing on me over the past 6 months.

Bill H

Reaction score
Yes, oiled one, first and the best edition of L17. Got also lamb and vintage star print remake, but nothing can beat the cut and leather of the jacket. Back to 2013, everything is better in the material to make both SS and AW.
Thanks much... do you rate the oiled much higher than the heritage? I would be interested to know.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Nah man, I disagree... I think I payed 1300 for whiskers and I think it is worth the premium to be honest. The rarity definitely adds to it, but it is more that the fit and the look have not been duplicated... same for the OG blowout. The devil is in the detail with Hedi. Now it would have been way better to have grabbed these at the time, but the premium is the tax payed for failing to realize. As for the boots, I would recommend getting them slightly used as that is where the value is.

There's better deals to be had. I got a paid of scab denim and oil from FW13 under $400 each. My most recent pickup was the FW13 black suede chain wyatts barely for worn for 1K shipped.

hediboy

Reaction score
Thanks much... do you rate the oiled much higher than the heritage? I would be interested to know.
Sorry, don’t know much on the other heritage one, but just the sheen to make a whole lot different vibe, and when you had put it on, you feel you were really riding a bike over 120 miles per hour...

Bill H

Reaction score
There's better deals to be had. I got a paid of scab denim and oil from FW13 under $400 each. My most recent pickup was the FW13 black suede chain wyatts barely for worn for 1K shipped.
Yeah that is exactly my point; a bunch of solid items do not equate to one real banger... the three items you mention are all solid pieces and I would take whiskers over all three items together and you can throw in another solid piece of your choosing. The pieces that are special are just on a different level and deserve the premium they bring. Just my opinion,...

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's so special about those whisker jeans? I had a pair and found them pretty average, got rid of them because I remember them stretching out loads. I don't even remember them being popular at the time either.

On the subject of jeans, the Celine union wash looks pretty nice to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads