• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That green jacket really speaks to me. If you don't buy it in XS, I might!
I like it too, but I'm leaning towards a different one. I certainly won't be buying an XS!
I like the shirt collar leather blousons like that much more than bikers. I'm waiting for the right one in brown leather or suede though because black leather looks kind of harsh on me.

I don't see a problem with lambskin but it is finer and more delicate than calf. No problem with elastic cuffs and waistband either if you like the style. Most of the DH ones I like were the same. They won't wear out, but might pill a bit but that's no big deal.
Yep, I'm definitely looking for a non-biker one. I've owned two double-riders in my life, neither as nice as these ones, and I just couldn't pull it off. Like you I was looking for a brown one, but the only one I'm seeing that isn't suede is a trucker, which I'm not looking for. I suppose we should be getting some new ones sometime on the website in the coming weeks, but I'm really antsy to get one now. I might have a look at the Dior ones as well, but I really want a Hedi leather, as irrational as that sounds.

The green one is really nice, i like the contrast between the leather and the cuff.
They are rather short, if you're tall that may be a thing to be aware of.
I'm 5'11, so the shortness shouldn't be too big a deal.

On Calf vs. Lamb: I have a friend whose father owns a small, high quality leather company here in germany and i've discussed this with him to quite some extend. In a nutshell it entirely depends on what you expect from your jacket. Calf is very thick and hard wearing, but not as breathable, while lamb is way softer, lighter and more breathable.
So if you want a beater jacket to wear everywhere without giving it another thought you should go for calf. Lamb is more delicate, but imho nicer to wear, especially in warmer weather. There is no quality difference so to say, it's like comparing a luxury saloon car to a luxury converible in this case.
This is interesting, and more or less in line with what I've been led to believe on the matter. Sounds like I'm going to need a calf one and a lamb one for different occasions. Good thing I've recently come into some money!

I'm now leaning towards picking up the the one in the python print in calfskin, and then maybe the green one in lamb, or a different lamb one, at a later date. I'm thinking about getting it from 24s.com instead of the US Celine site to avoid paying sales tax, which should save me a little money. Do you guys think I should go with a 48 or a 50? For the record, I usually wear a 48, but will sometimes go up to a 50 if the item is super slim (I've got a 50 in a few SLP overcoats, and a blazer too).

Louis Louis

Reaction score
From my experience Celine sizes are undersized. I'm usually sporting 50 also. I have one jacket in 52 and one in 50, the 50 one is really fit while the 52 fits perfectly. Can't you find a place to try one one ?

Furq

Reaction score
24S from what I saw does allow for returns or exchanges easily if you don’t have a local Celine retailer

I will echo what has been said about calf vs lambskin. Neither is superior they just fill different needs

Louis Louis

Reaction score
One may have huge customs fees. It sure looks good to save $800, but once the operation is complete it's more a €300 saving (including customs fees). Not sur it worth it.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in the sticks, so I won't be able to try it on in person unfortunately. 24s.com does explicitly offer free shipping and returns to the U.S.A., "4. Locations outside of European Union, Express delivery, taxes and duties included in the total price of your order (DDP)".

Edit: Just noticed that a duty of $263 was added in the cart to ship to the u.s., so it appears duties are not included in the item's price.

Edit again: it appears threre's no tax ordering directly from Celine in the u.s.

Last edited:

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking into leather pants by SLP

Waist is about 4 sizes big but everything else fits perfect

could a tailor help or am I just out of luck lol

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they charge you the french VAT or not ?
I ended up ordering from the u.s. site, since it ended up being cheaper than ordering from 24s.com and paying the duties. However, when I was messing around with the cart on 24s.com it didn't seem like there was an option to reduce the VAT, but I could've missed something.

All in all, I feel like U.S. customers would be better off just ordering from the U.S. site, given that taxes seem to be in the item's price anyway.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Italist cart doesn't include the VAT until the last screen, and then adjust it to your local rate.
The times that I've ordered from italist they added on duties at the last screen, but I thought that the VAT discount for non-E.U. sales was reflected in the item's listed price. It's been a while since I ordered from them though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics