• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, shared at a BBQ. Good stuff!.. No thumbnail as I can't seem to use the editor right now...

IMAG0016_zps5352e190.jpg

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought some sculpin yesterday. Stuff surprised me. Really good!

(Ballast point)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to start branching out a bit. I think I saw some of the barleywine stuff mentioned on the last page yesterday. Might give it a go.

I've been more into scotch lately, but I like beer. Just try to go easy at it.

@Ken P , have you been to aeronaut brewing co in Union Square yet? I've been a few times. They have some great stuff!

Last edited:

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

Stopped by a couple stores after work on friday. Can't believe I found the arctic soiree- it was bottled almost a year ago and I've must've walked past it 5 times now. Hopefully it aged well. If anyone is interested in the double DBA let me know. Picked it up because I knew it's limited but I don't really care for the style.

Found a bottle of the Arctic Soiree in Indy last week as well (they had 2, but I had to conserve space in my luggage for other stuff like Wulver). Let me know your thoughts if you open it.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score

This was probably the biggest disappointment of the year... Had two small sips...

Sorry to hear that man! I was hoping some age would magically bring this beer together from the mess it was fresh, but alas, it seems like a rare (non-infected) miss from the Bruery.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just working my way through. So far I've enjoyed every one of these. Perhaps, Chico King the least, I suppose...

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stocked up on Shipyard Pumpkinhead.

My favorite pumpkin beer and it brings back good memories of shenaniganry from past Falls.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some decent local pick-ups, my wedding is at Rev next month. Glad you got a chance to head out a bit at least...

Congrats!

We stopped by Chicago for a night but had no time to do or even buy anything. We'll be back in November tho. :( dunno what the brewing schedule is but hopefully they'll have citra hero and anti hero when we get there

Missed my chance at upland too :(

Can't post pics for some reason but

Drank new glarus scream and apple ale. Scream is actually pretty great even though it's a month old at this point. More malty than most iipa but has this nice herbal weedy quality to it alongside the west coast hoppy notes. Apple ale was delicious for beer fans non beer fans a like. Like liquid apple pie

Surly furious on draft at dinner. I think abrasive is pretty easy to get too. There's a week long state fair that's going on that a lot of brewers are participating in. Excited for that

Bought some new glarus serendipity and strawberry rhubarb that I can't wait to try

Going to try to hit up toppling Goliath in Iowa too. Hope they have bottles for me.

Anyways, we're driving south from Minnesota through Iowa to Colorado then to Nevada and on to SoCal and then back north along the coast. Any recs for beer (and other) places to stop by? So far toppling Goliath and alpine is the only place that's a definite must stop for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads