Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

That is so meta.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Someone recommend me a moderately sized wine cooler/cabinet thing. Ideally something that can store champagne or other types of bottles too? This won't be going under any counters. Would prefer if it didn't sound like a jet engine and give off more heat than a coal plant.

PS '02 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill >>>> just about any other champagne I've had in that price range.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Been cooking through the Ottolenghi book Nopi (see the SW&D Food thread for food pics) but there's also a bunch of cocktails. The lady and I made some rooibos syrup for a roibos old fashioned, and now we have a bottle of frenet branca to use. I've been making Torontos, because a food poisoning association with vermouth makes me unable to drink Manhattans, which would be otherwise be something I really liked.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Sounds dope.

I made some basil simple syrup this weekend that I'll be turning into basil sour mix tonight before trying it out. I think this thread told me to do that like 3 years ago, so thanks guys

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

There is such a broad range of sweet vermouth available today that they are similar only in name, and I am sure that you could get away from the taste memory with a vermouth on the end of the range. I will assume that the association is probably with Martini & Rossi, so, I'd consider Dolin Rouge for a fruity, winey, and very light vermouth -- this is a French sweet, and totally different from the M&R Turin style. The other option is Punt E Mes, which is a cross between a vermouth and an amaro. Since you drink Fernet that might work. You could also add a barspoon of Fernet to your Manhattans.

Lastly, Lillet Rouge makes a very decent Manhattan on its own -- very wine-y.

~H

6. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

All that is true. Find a vermouth you can like!

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Cocktail people! Lets get this thread going

What cocktail apps do you use/ do you use one? I'm in the process of making one and would like some input. Do you think they help or are just lame and cumbersome with bad recipes?

I've been drinking a lot of Casa Mariol's Vermut Negre
    [​IMG]

Something that was popular in Melbourne when I lived there and finally found some here in the US. Its super nice in a spritz or just neat with orange slice and olive

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

ToG - what's with the AUS/NZ obsession with espresso martinis?

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

No idea, honestly didn't recognize it too much. I guess its just the night time progression from the cafe culture! I actually never had one, but it was probably cause the people I hung out with only drank beer/wine (since cocktails are like $20++). I might have missed out..