1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Synthese, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

That is so meta.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Someone recommend me a moderately sized wine cooler/cabinet thing. Ideally something that can store champagne or other types of bottles too? This won't be going under any counters. Would prefer if it didn't sound like a jet engine and give off more heat than a coal plant.

PS '02 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill >>>> just about any other champagne I've had in that price range.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Been cooking through the Ottolenghi book Nopi (see the SW&D Food thread for food pics) but there's also a bunch of cocktails. The lady and I made some rooibos syrup for a roibos old fashioned, and now we have a bottle of frenet branca to use. I've been making Torontos, because a food poisoning association with vermouth makes me unable to drink Manhattans, which would be otherwise be something I really liked.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Sounds dope.

I made some basil simple syrup this weekend that I'll be turning into basil sour mix tonight before trying it out. I think this thread told me to do that like 3 years ago, so thanks guys

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

There is such a broad range of sweet vermouth available today that they are similar only in name, and I am sure that you could get away from the taste memory with a vermouth on the end of the range. I will assume that the association is probably with Martini & Rossi, so, I'd consider Dolin Rouge for a fruity, winey, and very light vermouth -- this is a French sweet, and totally different from the M&R Turin style. The other option is Punt E Mes, which is a cross between a vermouth and an amaro. Since you drink Fernet that might work. You could also add a barspoon of Fernet to your Manhattans.

Lastly, Lillet Rouge makes a very decent Manhattan on its own -- very wine-y.

~H

6. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

All that is true. Find a vermouth you can like!