• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm really interested in the lounge pants but I'm concerned at just how tapered they are...

I have squatter's thighs and 18" calves (leg day is best day) - will they look ridiculous on me? 

I wouldn't get them if I was you. Your calves are 4 inches smaller than most peoples quads. My brother has 22 inch calves. It's crazy. I would however get the 2.0 sweat knickers. Sweat knickers are my 2nd best seller. They are fun, comfortable, and you can wear them almost anywhere.

sharkminusbear

Reaction score
Are there going to be other sweat knickers in cheaper fabrics (like the salt n pepper)? I'd like to give them a try but they are a pretty big investment this year.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

So I agree with your premise that you can never make everyone happy. 

Pretty much every decision one makes, provided they care about the consequences, is an explicit (or sometimes implicit) consideration of tradeoffs right?

WvG can choose to implement the subscription model and not care about the group of people who will be upset and whine. It's also very possible that those people who are upset would stop supporting the brand financially and otherwise. I don't have the numbers or the data to say how big that group is so my intent was just to point out the possibility. 

I mean look at the recent Adobe Photoshop fiasco. There are a substantial amount of people who are unhappy and unwilling to buy into the subscription based model that Adobe is forcing on them. Even when Adobe offered the subscription at a significant discount, just on the basis of principle alone many people refuse to sign up.

And for all the awesomeness that WvG is, I think it's safe to say that photoshop has a more dominant position in the market than WvG does. So Adobe has the luxury of the, "well you can like it or you can not like it but we're the only game in town" viewpoint that WvG may not have. 

Besides, if I were Mauro I would feel much better about myself and my own work if people bought my clothes because my clothes are awesome vs, people bought my clothes cause it's December and if they don't spend their store credit they lose it so better find something. 

I'm not up on the Adobe issue, but take your point. I guess my real point was that to the extent I'm a single data point, I would have no problem with a rewards program that worked as described. It's a proposition that either has value for me or doesn't. There are enough things in life to take personally that I don't waste that energy on shopping.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are there going to be other sweat knickers in cheaper fabrics (like the salt n pepper)? I'd like to give them a try but they are a pretty big investment this year.

I am sure I will offer another fabric like the cherry slush and salt-n-peepa. The 2.0 has more work involved so the cost is more.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
I wouldn't get them if I was you. Your calves are 4 inches smaller than most peoples quads. My brother has 22 inch calves. It's crazy. I would however get the 2.0 sweat knickers. Sweat knickers are my 2nd best seller. They are fun, comfortable, and you can wear them almost anywhere.

Thanks for the honest reply!

Man, I'd get the sweat knickers if I didn't already have a similar pair. I was really looking for a full length high-quality sweatpant I could wear around the house in the winter months. My legs would get cold with the knickers!

duhduhduh

Reaction score
Do the henley's soften up over washes/time? From what i can tell just by wearing it, it will last quite a while, but it's a little rough. I guess I'm comparing it to jersey, so it's not exactly a fair comparison though.

veekta

Reaction score
just wanted to chime in about the 2.0 lounge pants. I honestly would never have given them a try at first glance, as I too was looking for a pant like the original lounge pant. Unfortunately, the original broke down pretty quickly and Mauro offered me credit for my next purchase and I made the plunge on the lounge pant 2.0. It took me a while to get used to it.. At first I treated it like sweat pants and only wore them indoors, but they really grew on me and with the right belt and shoes work amazing on any dressier outfit. It may not be work appropriate if you're in a suit attire workplace, but on nights out with friends I always get compliments and never look out of place, only more fashionable.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just wanted to chime in about the 2.0 lounge pants. I honestly would never have given them a try at first glance, as I too was looking for a pant like the original lounge pant. Unfortunately, the original broke down pretty quickly and Mauro offered me credit for my next purchase and I made the plunge on the lounge pant 2.0. It took me a while to get used to it.. At first I treated it like sweat pants and only wore them indoors, but they really grew on me and with the right belt and shoes work amazing on any dressier outfit. It may not be work appropriate if you're in a suit attire workplace, but on nights out with friends I always get compliments and never look out of place, only more fashionable.

can't wait for mine to get here. I was sold on them after mauro posted his fit pics

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

just wanted to chime in about the 2.0 lounge pants. I honestly would never have given them a try at first glance, as I too was looking for a pant like the original lounge pant. Unfortunately, the original broke down pretty quickly and Mauro offered me credit for my next purchase and I made the plunge on the lounge pant 2.0. It took me a while to get used to it.. At first I treated it like sweat pants and only wore them indoors, but they really grew on me and with the right belt and shoes work amazing on any dressier outfit. It may not be work appropriate if you're in a suit attire workplace, but on nights out with friends I always get compliments and never look out of place, only more fashionable.

Great to hear. I think you brought up a good point. The 2.0 is a fast pant for the my customer but once they wear it and keep wearing it grows on them until they actually leave the house and then they become the brightest peacock at the party, and that feels good!
Chicks love the 2.0 this is a fact.

Let me take some time to express my loathing for UPS. The weather couldn't be the reason for not delivering my lab dips yesterday like tracking said. These people just suck. It's really that simple.
I am in NYC , Monday and Tuesday so when I get home I better have a package waiting for me. How unprofessional.

mothball

Reaction score
Pandas!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
left mauro's place after lunch and went straight to union market in dc and two diff peeps gave me props for my "sick sweat" pants lol

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got back from shooting skeet. I wore the new chinos, thermal, and military green turtleneck. It was a good morning!

justblaze1

Reaction score
The s/s bloodline chinos you previewed a little while back, you mentioned they were 8oz. Is it possible to wear that weight during mild Canadian winters?

Or is it like wearing nothing at all?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any details on the new chinos in terms of fit, colors, etc.? I'm assuming they'll have slash back pockets and not patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads