1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fosho, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Your favorite barn yard friends and stuff are shipping to rewards members tomorrow.

When I wake up tomorrow I am ending the wavy shirt pre-order. Now is your chance.

2. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Just got my charcoal Henley in. I'll try to add photos to compare this year's to last year's Henley tomorrow. The fabric feels a little heavier out of the package which was a nice surprise but that could just be me. As mentioned before the fabric itself is the same. I was wearing my navy Henley from last season today so the comparisons are fresh in my mind.

The Henley is definitely cut closer and longer than last years. To me that doesn't necessarily mean better as I still love the way my henleys from last year drape but I am really happy with the fit. The shoulders are a tiny bit smaller and the sleeves are a little longer which I think are both good changes. My sleeves from last year's henleys would sometimes ride up and I don't see that happening with the new ones - the cuff ends at the end of the wrist which I like a lot. I still love the detailing on last year's cuff (this is kind of hard to explain without a picture of the entire cuff on the hand), but the new cuff just feels super comfy around the wrist.

I think most will find the new Henley superior. I am happy I get to have both!

I'll add some photos tomorrow just on my phone rignt now.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Senior member

Feeling jealous. I became a rewards member shortly after these preorders closed. But like Mauro says, WvG is a marathon, not a sprint (although I am going pretty hard on my first rewards member month).

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]

5. Mauro

Shoe testers could PLEASE take some action shots of you in the shoes? I mean really nice ones. I have a couple online mags that want product shots as well as action shots ( standing still is fine too).
    Anything to show off the shoe.

I would really appreciate it.

Best,

Mauro

PS-

LOTS of shipping going on today. Wavy shirts are closed! Some stock shirts will be made for those who were on the fence.

6. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

I really think that testers should have to put down some sort of deposit that gets refunded when they do the review /pics/etc. all that should be on the purchase page to make it helpful. As of now there's really not that much info, and the reviews are all randomly dispersed in this forum.

7. Mauro

I wouldn't go that far. I am hoping the testers will pull through. I think a lot are picture shy or don't maybe don't have people willing to take pics of them. Ultimately it's my fault for not making for not giving the proper guidance.
    I know with 150% certainty the shoe is made incredibly well. It goes beyond most sneakers in the luxury category. What I was concerned with was the fit. Now I know from the feedback the fit is on point.
    Online shoe buying is hard. That's why I sent out the shoes.
    I was hoping for more pictures. I know the weather has been bad in a lot of places.
    In the end I am not asking for much so hopefully some people will pull through.

My thread and customer base is atypical for the most part. There seems to be desire to keep the brand secret with my customers where as other brands have people that love to spread the word. I honestly don't know why that is. Hopefully this will change when I take the jump to the MC side.

For an FYI-
    The shoe blog was written by a tester who knows a lot about shoes and leather. He is more of a boot and handmade shoe guy ( boat shoes and stuff) but if you haven't read the blog you can. He will also be doing a piece on just leather.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Mauro

UPDATE!!
    There is stock in the animal prints. Si-Jin submitted the orders and added a little stock in the Elephants, Foxes, and Pigs!

The sale code for non-rewards members is "KICKS".

9. HeavenResign

Here are some pictures of the new Henley vs last season's if any were wondering. New is charcoal, old is olive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

new looks a little longer and a little more slim?

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'd agree with that assessment. I tried on last year's henley but didn't end up keeping it because it was a little short in the body length (I'm 6'1" and a size medium). This year's henley definitely feels a little longer in the body and I'd say is a little slimmer as well.

12. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

sounds perfect. i only picked up one henley last year and actually had a tailor slim it up a bit. last years were a little loose for my liking.

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

@HeavenResign

What is your weight? You look like you need to eat. No offense intended!

14. Kehar001

Kehar001 Active Member

Do any of the shoe testers have freakishly narrow feet? I've seen a couple posts addressing fit for people with wider feet, but I wear an 11B in AE last 5, and generally size down to a 10.5 (Oakstreet, Eastland, Sperry's) if I'm buying a show that only comes in a standard D width. So I'm wondering if I should just hold off for a future run.

15. sudorm

sudorm Member

That last photo reminded me to say that the cuffs on the henleys are super, crazy soft and comfortable. As other people have said the rest of the fabric is a little rougher (although I'm sure it will soften with age) but this was a nice surprise.

16. HeavenResign

I'm ~135. I'm super happy with my weight. If I wanted to bulk up I would, this is just how I want to look right now. Thanks though!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  17. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Not the best shot of the shoes but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dunagree fabric suit, pink henley, brown Nico's and bag by the Madly (remember them?)

7 people like this.
  18. janoy89

janoy89 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up Mauro, missed the pigs on the first go.

Also I just wanted to say for anyone reading who may be on the fence, I started purchasing from WvG around December and they're easily my favorite brand by a wide margin. Consistently puts out great stuff at very fair prices and the service is as good as it gets really. I hope the brand continues to expand because it definitely deserves the recognition.

2 people like this.
  19. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

just got a shipping notification for my light grey shoe preorder? Arent they supposed to be 6-8 weeks?

20. Mauro

Mistake. We printed out labels. You got an confirmation which shouldn't of happened.

If you have bizarre ass feet. Fear not I spoke with my shoe factory. As you know we are partnering up. This is a great thing for me. However it is good for you guys as well because that means MTM sneakers.
    Who loves you.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.