• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

WaIIace

Reaction score
So, Gustin has these pants made from Japanese corduroy in camel. Unfortunately, my size isn't available. Did anyone see smth similar in a similar color and with the same texture? Freenote cord jacket looks very similar. I have seen many japanese corduroy pants but none with this kind of a texture

Attachments

• ffc89b69579682c24b9efb0e719ce450.jpg
    ffc89b69579682c24b9efb0e719ce450.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 445
  • effeefef.PNG
    effeefef.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 458

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Any pleace in Tokyo for a good collection of Sun Surf goods? Looking to snag a few shirts from them on my trip there.

Or any other brands that make good '50s style Hawaiian shirts

Treble

Reaction score
Any pleace in Tokyo for a good collection of Sun Surf goods? Looking to snag a few shirts from them on my trip there.

Or any other brands that make good '50s style Hawaiian shirts

Hinoya have a lot on their online site but lots of retail spaces in Tokyo, probably just check with them.
Toyo do a good list of their stockists but not by line - https://www.toyo-enterprise.co.jp/shoplist/

kurdo

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for Toyo to make their entire SS24 collection available online. They sure do take their time. There are some very nice items I've been waiting for since they published their SS24 catalog.

Cobra

Reaction score
Just noticed Barnstormer is no longer directly shipping RMC items overseas. Wonder if RMC told them to stop (I think Celluloid is still okay).

Treble

Reaction score
Just noticed Barnstormer is no longer directly shipping RMC items overseas. Wonder if RMC told them to stop (I think Celluloid is still okay).

Real McCoys Nagoya still do, assume its the same for the other licensed shops.

kurdo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

Based on different conversion charts, a JP28 is either EU43 or EU44. As I am somewhere between a EU43 - EU44, I think JP28 was the safest choice. I usually wear thick socks, so if it's a bit too large, I'll (hopefully) manage to make it fit.

I got this pair, the "Steve McQueen" desert boots/chukkas :

View attachment 2185037

Playful yet neat – and looks lightweight. Perfect pair for summer :)

Received the boots yesterday. They are a perfect fit :)

K0VmVdY.jpeg

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Those aren't regular cargos though like the tiger stripe. Lot's of intricate details that set them apart. Still expensive, but you can't compare it to a regular tiger Camo cargo.

bergbooty

Reaction score
Those aren't regular cargos though like the tiger stripe. Lot's of intricate details that set them apart. Still expensive, but you can't compare it to a regular tiger Camo cargo.
Yeah they seem to be woodland camo print on the m-65 field pants. Looking it up the price of the OD green is 57k jpy. So still a 30k jpy markup seems like a lot.

monday100

Reaction score
I don't understand Barnstormer saying no international orders on RMC products, don't they use Buyee for international shipping which is essentially a proxy?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I don't understand Barnstormer saying no international orders on RMC products, don't they use Buyee for international shipping which is essentially a proxy?
They stopped direct shipping without tax, etc. Buyee is a 3rd party proxy that just buys it for you. You still get charged tax (sold within JP) and an extra fee for the service. So it is still possible, but not as cheap.

Cobra

Reaction score
Yeah they seem to be woodland camo print on the m-65 field pants. Looking it up the price of the OD green is 57k jpy. So still a 30k jpy markup seems like a lot.

The M-65 pants have always been expensive, where the previous iteration from 2020 was 49,500 yen (so a 7700 increase over 3 years). The woodland M-65 46k yen more than the regular m-65. Of course, trying to do a price breakdown here is really difficult. Real Mccoy's was upfront about price increases due to after effects of the pandemic, rising costs of raw materials, labor, etc. They're an incredibly small operation when you think about it, and the number of each item they make is not to a scale that would keep costs down. I regret not saving the email but they recently did a behind-the-scenes in their Japanese newsletter about how they make the golden tiger camo (which is hand printed). The good thing for us is the yen just keeps getting worse.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024