• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Received this today.

Fit and quality couldn't possibly be better, very happy I went ahead with this purchase. Guess I am hooked on RMC now...

I always wanted to try RMC and I finally did last year, caught a little bug. I picked up a suede western jacket, a 30's horsehide jacket, an a-2 jacket(sold due to sizing), wool sports jacket, chinos, oxfords, loopwheel sweater, and it is all so great.

grs

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me any info on these? Are they real? I know they’re Studio D’Artisan but the tag isn’t yielding much. Thanks.
E19D3E65-25C3-4DB8-B193-D5DF3DB810C9.jpeg

75EA4A55-760C-4D06-A4AA-0B7612BA321A.jpeg

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up this Swedish Motorcycle jacket from Nttitudoo Mfg. I've been looking at this jacket for about 3 months trying to figure out if it's my style and which version I should get. I finally settled on this version. There are a ton of knockoffs from China available on eBay.

@UrbanComposition & @dieworkwear spoke about this jacket on their podcast last Thursday and I was so excited that I was actually ahead of the "experts" for once.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up this Swedish Motorcycle jacket from Nttitudoo Mfg. I've been looking at this jacket for about 3 months trying to figure out if it's my style and which version I should get. I finally settled on this version. There are a ton of knockoffs from China available on eBay.

@UrbanComposition & @dieworkwear spoke about this jacket on their podcast last Thursday and I was so excited that I was actually ahead of the "experts" for once.

Here are a couple of ways to style the jacket.

From the points_of_references account on IG

From @UrbanComposition on the Blamo Slack channel.
IMG_3207.jpg

HickeyBarnicle

Reaction score

I have been eyeing this jacket for over a year. Not too long ago I saw one under 500. The liner looks lush. It looks better than a detroit but its hard to know sizing. What is the best quality repro?

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been eyeing this jacket for over a year. Not too long ago I saw one under 500. The liner looks lush. It looks better than a detroit but its hard to know sizing. What is the best quality repro?
The sizing with measurements is at the bottom of the Nttitudo page.

I picked Nttitudoo because they seem to have been started by folks have done high quality repro stuff and they have a cool story. I know they are better than the eBay knockoffs, but I don't know if they are the best.

HickeyBarnicle

Reaction score
The sizing with measurements is at the bottom of the Nttitudo page.

I picked Nttitudoo because they seem to have been started by folks have done high quality repro stuff and they have a cool story. I know they are better than the eBay knockoffs, but I don't know if they are the best.
Yeah probably the best buying a repro is you can just return it and exchange for a better size than having to stick with a deadstock one and relist it.

kurdo

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased non-wash and/or one-wash jeans from Sugar Cane? If so, how many sizes do you size up with non-wash (Japanese) denim to make up for shrinkage? My regular fit size for jeans is W32, so I am thinking of getting a W34 for non-wash or a W33 for one-wash. Curious if there's a safe "rule of thumb" for sizing up raw denim because the actual shrinkage may vary.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased non-wash and/or one-wash jeans from Sugar Cane? If so, how many sizes do you size up with non-wash (Japanese) denim to make up for shrinkage? My regular fit size for jeans is W32, so I am thinking of getting a W34 for non-wash or a W33 for one-wash. Curious if there's a safe "rule of thumb" for sizing up raw denim because the actual shrinkage may vary.
Most good/JP websites will have measurements for pre and post wash. I’d seek those out.

espen

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an unlined deck jacket? Thinking something more appropriate for the Spring, rather than the pile-lined versions. Haven't come across one, might not be a thing?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an unlined deck jacket? Thinking something more appropriate for the Spring, rather than the pile-lined versions. Haven't come across one, might not be a thing?
Thinking something like an unlined canvas jacket may fit the bill. What is it about the n1 design that appeals to you most?

espen

Reaction score
Thinking something like an unlined canvas jacket may fit the bill. What is it about the n1 design that appeals to you most?
Bingo.

I've been enjoying cropped casual jackets lately and didn't quite realize that they work for me. I farted around with thinking about a Baracuta G9 but it just isn't me. I like something a bit more rugged, with some texture.

Buck Mason put this Storm Stopper out today, which got me thinking a bit more about N1 style jackets. Felt a tiny bit odd that BM might've stumbled into a design that hasn't been exploited elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I like BM, just wanted to assess my options.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
RRL makes one. It fits big so size down from your US TTS.

kurdo

Reaction score
What are some reliable "English-friendly" webshops for brands like Sun Surf, Toys McCoys, etc. that also carry a lot of items from those brands?

I have found one webshop which is easy to use and which ships internationally, but it doesn't carry much. Another one based in the UK is extremely expensive (charges up to three (!) times the retail price)).

I have found many other webshops, but they are all (obviously) Japanese and don't ship internationally. I do have a freightforwarding address in Japan, but it's still a hassle to navigate the website and enter all the address details correctly. Some webshops also require Japanese character version of my name and I have no idea how to convert my name to Japanese characters, so I can't even get past the checkout stage.

Just to be clear: Japan freight forwarding does work for me most of the time, but it's a hassle & the risk of making a mistake & the package getting lost is greater then when ordering directly.

Who's your dealer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads