***SW&D Photography Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Mar 31, 2013.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

^true. glad someone pointed them out to me otherwise i might've missed them. :fistbump:

happened to have my camera at a concert. kit lens was of course too slow for the dark club so i just did a lot of this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i've also been looking at buying a m43 system carrying around a dslr with all gear never works out so i rarely bring it out.

right now i'm leaning towards olympus omd em5 and the panny 20 1.7 lens with a snapr 35 bag

3. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Anyone have recs for places online to host your work, get some exposure, competitions, portfolio etc? I've tried a few but haven't found one I really love yet.

4. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness

light art[ishard] ;-)
    first one is so vortex, like we're being sucked into a black hole

sorry if any of these are re-posts ... organizing things today a bit for upcoming adventures

random history / vintage / uselessness :

I sold my Kiev 88CM , it was great shooting on a MF setup, had plenty of lenses on it as well, 200mm, 45mm, 35 i think fisheye, 50mm, couple other stuff...but it was nearly impossible to travel with. after a a short weekend trip in nyc lugging that and all the lenses, true soviet steel with all the weight, i decided it was time for lighter rig.

now i have 35mm film stuff laying around, i may take one with me along with the NEX.

Olympus OM-1n (the last iteration in the OM series that is fully manual) with an Olympus OM S Zuicko 50/1.8 and 35-70/4 zoom
    Minolta 7S with fixed Rokkor 45/1.8
    NEX-5 with Voigtlander M-Mount to NEX adapter, using Voigtlander Color Skopar 35/2.5 and Leica Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Produced 1966 Minolta Camera Co., Japan
    Film type 135 (35mm)
    Picture size 24mm x 36mm
    Weight 25.6oz (725.8g)
    Lens Rokkor 45mm 1:1.8-22 (6 elements in 5 groups)
    Filter size 55mm screw-in, 57mm slip-on
    Focal range 3' to infinity
    Shutter Seiko-LA
    Shutter speeds B, 1/4-1/500 manual or automatic
    Viewfinder rangefinder w/ coupled parallax correction
    Exposure meter lens mounted CdS CLC with viewfinder needle (EV)
    EV range 5.7 to 17 @ ASA 100
    ASA 25-800
    Battery originally PX625 1.35v mercury
    Hotshoe, PC sync (syncs at all speeds on X setting)
    SLS film loading system (electronic alignment)
    Self-timer
    Slow-action wind lever (220 degree turn!)
    [​IMG]

System: Olympus OM System.
    Code Name: MDS
    Model Name: Olympus OM-1
    Camera Type: 35mm Single Lens Reflex with focal plane shutter
    Film Format: 24mm x 36mm
    Lens Mount: Olympus OM Mount, bayonet type, rotation angle 70°, flange back 46mm, Lens release button at the side of the lens
    Minimum Focusing Distance: 45cm (117.72") with all standard lenses.
    Shutter: Focal plane shutter, ring mounted control, with speeds from 1 to 1 /1000 second plus B.
    Shutter Release Button: Threaded in the middle to accept any JIS standard Cable release
    Shutter speeds control: via Dial on the lens mount
    Hot Shoe Socket: Built-in. Accessory Shoe 4 supplied for OM-1n, Accessory Shoe 1 or "Fixed" Type for original M-1 or OM-1 bodies;
    Synchro Socket: As per JIS standard
    Flash Contacts: FP-X with switch type contact at synchro socket, X contact at shoe: With electronic flash (X) 1 sec to 1/60 sec; with class "M" Bulbs (X) 1 sec to 1/15 sec; with Class "F" Bulbs (X) 1 sec to 1/15 sec; with focal plane Bulbs (FP) 1/60 sec to 1/1000 sec.
    Viewfinder: Silvered coated Pentagonal roof prism type wide-vision finder shows 97% of actual picture field. Exposure meter needle; Charge/auto check lamp for electronic flash unit T32, T20 and T10 (OM-1n only).
    Viewfinder Magnification: 0.92X at infinity with 50mm lens
    Viewfinder Apparent Field of View: 23° 30' & 35°
    Focusing Screens: 1-1 Microproism-matte type provided as standard screen. Interchangeable with any 13 additional screens.
    Reflex Mirror: Oversize, quick return type with mirror Lock-up control. Mirror Cut out: No mirror cut out in viewfinder regardless of lens in used, from 8mm to 800mm (In the cse of full open aperture); Mirror used is highly reflective with special coating applied onto reflecting surface.
    Film Loading: Easy loading (Olympus EL system) type by opening rear cover, which is hinged and provided with a "magic-Lock" (Open when film rewind knob is pulled up).
    Film Advance: (Manual) Ratchet type film advance. May be advanced in one stroke or several short strokes for a total of 150° rotation, pre-advance angle 30°. Built-in prevention against double advance with double exposure override capability. (Motor Drive) With Motor Drive 1/2 or Winder 1/2 unit attached, single-frame and continuous advance at speed of 5 frames per second (at exposures above 1/500 sec., with fresh batteries and at normal temperature and humidity).
    Exposure Counter: Progressive type from "S" (Start) to 36 and "E" (End). Counter automatically resets to "S" when camera back is opened.
    Film Rewinding: Rewind crank with automatic resetting rewind release lever. Film rewind knob to be turned 90° towards "R" mark with a red dot. Automaticlly reset when film is to be advanced.
    Metering: Via Lever on top panel, Metering ON/OFF Switch
    Exposure Measurement: Two CdS (Cadmium Sulphide) cells located on either side of the eyepiece provide through -the-lens open aperture light measurement. Zero-method with needle visible in viewfinder. On-Off Switch located atop camera.
    Film Speed Range: ASA 25-1600
    Exposure Range: EV1.2-EV16.9 with 55mm f1.2 at ASA100; EV 2-17 (ASA 100 with F1.4 50mm lens); EV2.35 - EV17.35 withh 50mm f1.8 at ASA100.
    Insufficient Light Warning: When switched in, the needle jumps down extremely beyond the lower limit of the range indicator, if light level is too low for proper metering.
    Self-Timer: Lever system with rortation angle 180°. Approx. 4-12 second delay lever type; Action started via start lever hidden behind Self timer lever. It can be stopped and reset after actuation.
    Camera back: Removable hinge type control by Mounting Pin. Interchangeable with Recordata Back 1/2 /3 (OM-1n) and 250 Film Back 1/2.
    Tripod Socket: As per JIS standard
    Battery used/Power Source (Metering): 1.35 volt mercury battery JIS H-D type; MR9 (National H_D, Toshiba H-D; Eveready or UCAR EPX625, Mallory PX625, or equivalent).
    Lens Accessory Size: 49mm threaded for F1.8 and F1.4 lenses; 55mm threaded for F1.2 lens
    Dimensions & Weights: Body only: 510g; Body with f/1.8 lens: 136mm x 83mm x 81mm (5.35" x 3.27" x 3.19"): 680g. (24.0 oz); f/1.4 lens: 136mm x 83mm x 89mm (5.35" x 3.27" x 3.50"): 740g. (26.1 oz); f/1.2 lens: 136mm x 83mm x 50mm (5.35" x 3.27" x 1.97"): 510g. (18.0 oz)
    [​IMG]

I still think med format is/was lot of fun and maybe I can one day drop 50k on a hasselblad :p
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

[​IMG]

6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Hey, I'm looking to buy a camera in the $200 range.

It will mainly be for taking pictures of stuff in my room to sell on ebay and B&S, so things like portability, zoom, and ability to take pictures of moving objects aren't important.

So what camera(s) will give me the best quality pictures at around $200? (I can go a little higher if it's really worth it.)

8. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    ^ am sure you can find something on amazon that's suitable, maybe an older canon s90 or pana lx5 ? those give very good results and can surely be found on sale now that newer models are out ...

DSLR #slavestotheLCD :p
    [​IMG][​IMG]

in hopes of doing some nighttime long-exposure shots, i picked up an after-market IR shutter release and a Voigtländer 15mm f/4.5 Cosina Super-Wide Heliar , supposedly very sharp and with a 110deg field of view.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    *not my pics

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  9. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

What shah suggested or an olympus e-pm1 with sigma 19 or 30 mm lens would run you about $250 and give you significantly better IQ

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. ashenwreck

ashenwreck Senior member

Just got a Ricoh GR. Going to start participating a little bit in this thread.
    [​IMG]

12. irbe

irbe Senior member

Have Fujifilm Xe-1 /w 18-55 in silver and black coming in a couple of days. My first first nice camera outside of canon point in shoot. Novice user here. That is a nice strap, thinking I might pick that up, anybody know a company that make half cases in that type of leather? Couldn't find any of the net. Thinking of grabbing the strap from etsy and half case from Kazahttp://www.kaza-deluxe.com/detail.php?id=176 in black. Not sure if that will look bad

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  13. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I'd match the colour of the strap with the half case if I were you.

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

Yeah I would want them to match, but i like the etsy strap b/c it will age. Wish they made a half case like that.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member