• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SW&D Photography Thread***

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tay soft release for x-e1 came today. Funny how something so small makes handling soo much better

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those things. I'd also love to find a nice leather case for my X-E1.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
shore that rose shot is beautiful

something i was getting at before

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

also, the inevitable

Kodak ending production of acetate film base

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does that mean in the wider scheme of things? I tend to prefer shooting Fuji films, but have no idea how they supply their acetate.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

What does that mean in the wider scheme of things? I tend to prefer shooting Fuji films, but have no idea how they supply their acetate.

Am not sure it means anything significant that everyone didn't already know. The slow death of a medium replaced by more advanced technology, appropriated by authenticity-seekers as it fades into obscurity.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

[NEX 5 ][ Leica Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 ]

Last edited:

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
heres one of st johns bridge in Portland.

I also shoot with a fuji x-e1, just have the kit lens for now. Waiting for the 23 1.4 or 1.2 forget which one it is.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

[ NEX 5 ] [ Voigtlander Color Skopar 35/2.5 ]

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Is the Panasonic GX1 still a decent camera to consider?

I know that the GX2 is rumored to come out in a couple months, but will probably be double the price. I can get a new GX1 with lens for under $400. That's pretty cheap.

I've given up on film. As a hobby, it's gotten to be too much of a pain **********. Don't really want to go for a DSLR for various reasons, size and convenience being the big one... I'll eventually get one, but wanted to try 4/3, see what it's all about.

Any other cameras I should be looking at?

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think anyone shopping in the 4/3rds sector owes it to themselves to check out the nex line too. almost the same form factor but bigger sensor.

shootspeed

Reaction score

Is the Panasonic GX1 still a decent camera to consider?

I know that the GX2 is rumored to come out in a couple months, but will probably be double the price. I can get a new GX1 with lens for under $400. That's pretty cheap.

I've given up on film. As a hobby, it's gotten to be too much of a pain **********. Don't really want to go for a DSLR for various reasons, size and convenience being the big one... I'll eventually get one, but wanted to try 4/3, see what it's all about.

Any other cameras I should be looking at?

when the gx1 first came out i believe it had practically the same specs as the g3 and was competitive with the ep-3 to put the gx1's specs into perspective. i own one myself and i'd definitely get it at that price, or maybe just get the body and invest in a nicer lens for it, like the panasonic leica's or the oly 45mm. you could also look into the olympus om-d, although it's pretty pricey.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i think anyone shopping in the 4/3rds sector owes it to themselves to check out the nex line too. almost the same form factor but bigger sensor.

i think the strongest selling point for any m43 system is the array of lenses available already. that said, how many lenses does a person need, and given the form factor is geared toward portability, how many lenses should one even want to be lugging around ? either the m43 is small, like the nex, but with a smaller sensor, or big, like, say, the GH3, which is not much smaller than the 100D but again smaller sensor. then again so many people just like to go based on pixel count ...

anyway, need practicing manual focus in less than ideal conditions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads