• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Can anyone who has experience wearing the "Washington fit" trousers chime in regarding how they fit in comparison to the Brescia fit? Do you find them to be a true to fit high rise trouser. I cannot stand the Brescia fit trousers and am looking at some custom made options with the Washington fit, just want to get some input from the group.
If you want high rise on the Brescia, I suggest adding 3 to 3.5cm on the front and back rise.
Then why do you say they’re out of touch?
I'm spoon-feeding you at this point. Not sure if you're trolling.

Out of touch with their customers who are into classic menswear.

If you solely focus on one group of customers, wouldn't you say they're out of touch with the other groups of customers? Also, if you ignore the preferences of one particular group or go the opposite way, wouldn't you say they're out of touch with that particular group and what their desires are?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I saw in the custom made trousers section you can actually go with the different fit options, not just the Brescia fit. That why I'm looking for feedback from those who own/wear them.
Might be a regional difference then as the option to choose between different fits is long gone. Anything but Bresica is slim and slimmer, so I would not recommend them if that would bother you. Washington is basically tights.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuSu sells stuff that is classic and fashion forward - I’m not sure what the debate is here. You can buy a navy pinstripe or one of many shades of grey as well as a maroon or teal colored suit. However, if you’re gonna criticize the fact that their fits and cuts are not fuller or have an 8.5” leg opening then you’re shopping in the wrong place.

Curious if you would offer opinion in-person at a SuSu store location?

jko

Reaction score
If you solely focus on one group of customers, wouldn't you say they're out of touch with the other groups of customers? Also, if you ignore the preferences of one particular group or go the opposite way, wouldn't you say they're out of touch with that particular group and what their desires are?
Do you think it would be possible to focus on multiple groups of customers? Do you think SS is not doing this? Do they not have navy and grey suits?

A-Lawson

Reaction score
SuSu sells stuff that is classic and fashion forward - I’m not sure what the debate is here. You can buy a navy pinstripe or one of many shades of grey as well as a maroon or teal colored suit. However, if you’re gonna criticize the fact that their fits and cuts are not fuller or have an 8.5” leg opening then you’re shopping in the wrong place.

Curious if you would offer opinion in-person at a SuSu store location?
No one said otherwise, theres really no debate though.

They are, however, not taking measures to pursure the classic menswear customers. They have removed and cut down on so many appealing fabrics, shirt collars, and jacket options.

Their RTW and marketing definitely point to what sort of customers they focus on (hint: not CM) . Tacky ads (nothing new, I know) , slimmer and slimmer cuts, very little patterns, colors that seem to fit more into a rave-party, the way most of their exmployees dress and their stylists most questionable style advice.

With enough customization I can get a few things that I want, sure. But I'm always adviced and discouraged to not go through with my decisions, which is quite annoying. I'm allowed to dislike SS becoming fashion-forward and trend-slaves, am I not?

If I offer advice at a shop location? To the employees or other customers? Please elaborate.

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
What do people think about their summer walk Loro Piana knock-offs - they look pretty nice at affordable price!
Very comfortable! Haven't had the opportunity to compare to the genuine article, but both the slip-ons and boots look and feel great.

hotelmotel

Reaction score
Will SuSu do anything for me in this situation?

Bought a Havana jacket in the December 2020 outlet (pretty much this jacket - great deal at $200!). Because of pandemic and WFH, I've maybe worn it 2 or 3 times. Just wore it on a trip, and on the way home, discovered a very small tear/hole on the back, between the shoulder and collar - maybe a few millimeters by a few millimeters.

Is this mendable? Would they give any credit/refund? I have a B&M store in my city so was going to try there first, but not sure what to expect. I take pretty good care of my garments and have had pieces for years and years without something like this, so I don't feel like I did something to cause it.

Attachments

• IMG-3413.jpg
    IMG-3413.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 419

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't that a moth hole? Not sure how that is SuitSupply's issue, after so long. Maybe reweave it (costly).

hotelmotel

Reaction score
Isn't that a moth hole? Not sure how that is SuitSupply's issue, after so long. Maybe reweave it (costly).

I considered that, but it's the only damage to any garment in the same closet (or closets that have experienced the same climate conditions for years), so I thought it was unlikely to be the cause. I don't know if that's logical thinking on my part or not.

nevaeh

Reaction score

Bought a Havana jacket in the December 2020 outlet (pretty much this jacket - great deal at $200!). Because of pandemic and WFH, I've maybe worn it 2 or 3 times. Just wore it on a trip, and on the way home, discovered a very small tear/hole on the back, between the shoulder and collar - maybe a few millimeters by a few millimeters.

Is this mendable? Would they give any credit/refund? I have a B&M store in my city so was going to try there first, but not sure what to expect. I take pretty good care of my garments and have had pieces for years and years without something like this, so I don't feel like I did something to cause it.
Can't hurt to ask them. That said, do you have any photos or documentation from December 2020 showing that the damage was preexisting? Otherwise, you'll have a hard time justifying that it's their issue, as you've had this jacket for almost a year and half.

Goofy

Reaction score

I’m a hoarder of SS turtle necks and have every color available. I tend to stock up on them until the right occasion to wear one arises. Last month I discovered some mothholes in an unworn sweater I had bought a year and a half ago. I took it to the SS store and they just exchanged it for a new one no questions asked. So it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

nevaeh

Reaction score
so I read this and see they are not focusing on classic menswear styles…

but they are still selling suits, correct?

sort of like if it was 1975 and some suit store was all about wide ties and big lapels and lighter colors with darker checks and the style suits that were popular then? But still for people wearing suits?

hey, at least they are still finding a market for those who’s re wearing suits regularly enough to want to buy one?
I think I see what you’re saying. But is the “classic” way of wearing suits the only way of wearing them? The people on this form are more likely to be classic, but there are plenty of example of celebrities and others who wear suits closer to how SuitSupply markets them. The market penetration of celebrities is, I’m sure, higher than Styleforum’s.

MontyLo

Reaction score
I recently had an interesting experience with Suitsupply. As I’ve posted here before, I find them to be quite good value for money for MTM shirts which I tend to specify with relatively conservative and straightforward details in mostly white and blue higher end fabrics.

I was excited to see them stocking Sea Island cotton and recently commissioned a shirt. Unfortunately it had been a while since my last order so I did have to update my fit passport. Nonetheless, I was confident in the measurements taken. I ultimately found that my shirt, which I picked up in person in store yesterday had a glaring sleeve length discrepancy rendering the left unwearably short at the wrist.

FWIW The staff was very apologetic, let me keep the shirt, and did commission A full remake free of charge. Interestingly, I did notice that some of the details with regard to the collar lining and the thickness of the mother-of-pearl buttons have changed substantially since prior orders roughly a year ago. However the overall product still seems fair for the price and with the proper proportions I think will do nicely.

I also recently ordered a jacket in Trousers from Suitsupply and well I agree that there fits to lilt on the more modern/slim/Leray side, part of the onus is on SSD where are to communicate exactly what we want our clothes to look and feel like, as long as we stick to our guns the team at Suitsupply is certainly respect for up in accommodating of those things.

on one hand, I’m very pleased with the degree of customization available at their price point, and the repertoire of materials is really fantastic for people who know exactly what they want. On the other I am a little dismayed by some of the changes in the me to Measure interface even in person, and some of the quality control of recent.

Jlee80

Reaction score
I recently had an interesting experience with Suitsupply. As I’ve posted here before, I find them to be quite good value for money for MTM shirts which I tend to specify with relatively conservative and straightforward details in mostly white and blue higher end fabrics.

I was excited to see them stocking Sea Island cotton and recently commissioned a shirt. Unfortunately it had been a while since my last order so I did have to update my fit passport. Nonetheless, I was confident in the measurements taken. I ultimately found that my shirt, which I picked up in person in store yesterday had a glaring sleeve length discrepancy rendering the left unwearably short at the wrist.

FWIW The staff was very apologetic, let me keep the shirt, and did commission A full remake free of charge. Interestingly, I did notice that some of the details with regard to the collar lining and the thickness of the mother-of-pearl buttons have changed substantially since prior orders roughly a year ago. However the overall product still seems fair for the price and with the proper proportions I think will do nicely.

I also recently ordered a jacket in Trousers from Suitsupply and well I agree that there fits to lilt on the more modern/slim/Leray side, part of the onus is on SSD where are to communicate exactly what we want our clothes to look and feel like, as long as we stick to our guns the team at Suitsupply is certainly respect for up in accommodating of those things.

on one hand, I’m very pleased with the degree of customization available at their price point, and the repertoire of materials is really fantastic for people who know exactly what they want. On the other I am a little dismayed by some of the changes in the me to Measure interface even in person, and some of the quality control of recent.
Can you elaborate more? I’ve been looking at doing some MTO jackets, and I need to shorten the sleeves through the passport… can I trust it or hard pass?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads