• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

angelescrest

Reaction score

So I received the 38R in Lazio (blue suit) and Washington (grey herringbone). The Lazio is definitely too tight in 38R. However I am confused on the Washington. Back is pretty clean, minor issue left sleeve is showing too much sleeve (common problem for me; even though I have same length arms), not sure if arms are too tight as creases slightly develop?

I do have 40R and 40L coming as well in both Lazio and Washington. Thoughts please. Sorry for the crappy pictures especially for the Washington grey suit as I had to take the pictures myself.

I really do like the Washington man the herringbone with 10% cashmere is killer fabric. I so want this to fit. But I fear the jacket is short. I think the short left sleeve can be fixed on the Washington. Pants need hemming. Around how much for little break? Also, there seems to be slight mark going along one side of the jacket from the button down. Sign it's too tight? I fear 40R might be better but I would need to get quite a bit of alterations done to get it to look similar to this 38R fit.

I'm not a fit Nazi, but I have a hard time imagining a 40R fitting better. Since the 40L is actually slimmer, that would be my best recommendation to try, especially since the length seems to be an issue. I don't think you need the jacket much longer but their longs didn't seem that much longer than the regulars. The Washington fits you better in the shoulder than on me for sure.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not a fit Nazi, but I have a hard time imagining a 40R fitting better. Since the 40L is actually slimmer, that would be my best recommendation to try, especially since the length seems to be an issue. I don't think you need the jacket much longer but their longs didn't seem that much longer than the regulars. The Washington fits you better in the shoulder than on me for sure.

Yes, I believe 40L will be the best fit especially in Washington. Maybe Lazio won't work out for me but lets see.

40L Lazio arriving today
40R Lazio and 40R and 40L Washington arriving tomorrow

Thank you for your feedback. Looking back at the pictures the Lazio definitely doesn't work in 38R. And Washington 38R is too short and a pinch tight so 40L might be better.

I will post fits of the rest.

Kimistry

Reaction score
To be fair, I've seen SS vary dramatically in sizing even with the same model and size. I don't think their sizing guide is very good.

Agree, I've seen some variance as well. But the difference between these two were DRAMATIC. I would say around 3-4" around the chest. Pretty crazy. It makes me wonder if they purposely construct the jackets (of the same cut and size) differently depending on the region.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
Agree, I've seen some variance as well. But the difference between these two were DRAMATIC. I would say around 3-4" around the chest. Pretty crazy. It makes me wonder if they purposely construct the jackets (of the same cut and size) differently depending on the region.

It wouldn't surprise me if jackets in Asian markets were cut a little bit slimmer. I'm planning on heading to Shanghai this summer (fingers crossed) so hopefully I can find out if this is true!

kjmac

Reaction score
holy, what did you instruct your tailor to do here? I've never seen a tailor re-shape shoulders so well, didn't even know that was possible.

h3ro

Reaction score
holy, what did you instruct your tailor to do here? I've never seen a tailor re-shape shoulders so well, didn't even know that was possible.

Agreed! Some of my Madison and Washington fits have a similar problem, if only I had his tailor!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to me. A few people here thought the problem was caused by too-narrow arm-holes. The problem according to my tailor was actually an excess of fabric beneath the sleeve head. The solution for the one shoulder was to remove the excess (about 1mm of fabric). For the other she shaved about the same amount from the padding. It was really bothering me, so pretty happy with the result.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
I assume you are referring to me. A few people here thought the problem was caused by too-narrow arm-holes. The problem according to my tailor was actually an excess of fabric beneath the sleeve head. The solution for the one shoulder was to remove the excess (about 1mm of fabric). For the other she shaved about the same amount from the padding. It was really bothering me, so pretty happy with the result.

It looks damn clean. About how much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm really happy with it as well. In my opinion the Washington is SuSu's most classic silhouette, so I'm glad I can buy with confidence. The alteration cost €100, but it was definitely worth it.

kjmac

Reaction score
heh, thank you, yes I was referring to you. I have a jacket that appears to do the same thing but when you pull on the fabric, the divot appearance goes away, wonder if it's the exact same issue.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the 40R in Washington. The 40L is definitely too long. I am usually a 40R in other makes. The fit looks good of course the pants will be hemmed. Everything seems good with jacket too to my eye except there is something going on with the shoulder or something which is causing there to be creases in the arms? What is the reason for this? Can this be fixed by some sort of alteration? Or is this the best I can do OTR in Washington?

KWang94

Reaction score
Here is the 40R in Washington. The 40L is definitely too long. I am usually a 40R in other makes. The fit looks good of course the pants will be hemmed. Everything seems good with jacket too to my eye except there is something going on with the shoulder or something which is causing there to be creases in the arms? What is the reason for this? Can this be fixed by some sort of alteration? Or is this the best I can do OTR in Washington?

Jacket looks really clean from the back, brother. Believe the shoulder issue has to do with the width of the arm hole. Someone feel free to correct me.

nttdocomo

Reaction score

Great fit, even though those lapels looks a bit cartoonish. Must be it's due to a small size of the suit. It appears they are physically "exiting" the suit .. 

Are lapels the same width on the taller suits? My annoyance is that at 6'3" I need large lapels but it's the smaller guys getting better lapels and collar point lengths on their shirts.

nttdocomo

Reaction score

Jacket looks really clean from the back, brother. Believe the shoulder issue has to do with the width of the arm hole. Someone feel free to correct me.

Yes it's width and possibly a touch of pitch. Definitely the best he'll do with suit supply rtw. Most of mine are better, but a couple have dimples. I've learned to live with it though; most people dress like garbage anyway.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38