• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes it's width and possibly a touch of pitch. Definitely the best he'll do with suit supply rtw. Most of mine are better, but a couple have dimples. I've learned to live with it though; most people dress like garbage anyway.

True. I just wore the suit yesterday at a wedding and mine fit better than anyone there from around 200 guys. Most guys either wear something clearly too large or clearly too tight where the back isnt clean at all.

Oh and i got so many compliments on that Washington grey herringbone. Most people dont even know about peak and wider lapels but it definitely was part of the reason for te compliments.

If Washington works for me any idea which other cuts might of as well? Lazio didnt work as it was too tight, i didnt like Hudson because of the pleated shoulders.

Thinking about trying Sienna next.

Also, when does Suitsupply get their spring and summer collection?

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
True. I just wore the suit yesterday at a wedding and mine fit better than anyone there from around 200 guys. Most guys either wear something clearly too large or clearly too tight where the back isnt clean at all.

Oh and i got so many compliments on that Washington grey herringbone. Most people dont even know about peak and wider lapels but it definitely was part of the reason for te compliments.

If Washington works for me any idea which other cuts might of as well? Lazio didnt work as it was too tight, i didnt like Hudson because of the pleated shoulders.

Thinking about trying Sienna next.

Also, when does Suitsupply get their spring and summer collection?

Sienna is a much more generous fit. I own a few SS models. In terms of least slim to slim, IMO:

Sienna > Napoli > Lazio > Havana > Washington

CMAc7

Reaction score

Does anyone have a status on the SS Outlet? If history repeats then it should be opening up soon.

This. If I remember correctly, it opened in Europe a week before it opened in the US back in July. I have been monitoring the forum for the Europe opening announcement so I could start checking the US outlet site. US outlet opened on January 5th last January so it has to be close if they are going to run it.

pomor

Reaction score
The outlet should be opening in about a week, like some of you said. I am pretty sure I know what is going to be in there.

Spring/summer should begin phasing in some time in February -- most likely in the form of a multi-phase soft-launch as per recent history.

Sutipuu

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently ordered a Napoli fit suit. Still have the tags attached as I'm not sure whether I should go down a size for the jacket or not. Or whether this size should be altered some way. The jacket in the picture is 48S / 24. Any advice what to do would be highly appreciated as I'm not used to wearing suits and I don't live close to a Suitsupply store.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently ordered a Napoli fit suit. Still have the tags attached as I'm not sure whether I should go down a size for the jacket or not. Or whether this size should be altered some way. The jacket in the picture is 48S / 24. Any advice what to do would be highly appreciated as I'm not used to wearing suits and I don't live close to a Suitsupply store.

It's kinda hard to tell due to a lack of lighting but it seems to be too small for you. But one thing that I can with 100% certainty is that it's definitely too short. How tall are you? Why did you go with a short size?

Sutipuu

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can try to take new pictures later with better lighting. I actually ordered both short and regular, but personally thought the short fitted better as it felt tighter in the mid section. Here's are the pictures of size 48:

rc121

Reaction score

Hi, Thanks for the response. I can try to take new pictures later with better lighting. I actually ordered both short and regular, but personally thought the short fitted better as it felt tighter in the mid section. Here's are the pictures of size 48:
the regular looks a lot better than the short, taking in the waist is a pretty easy job for a tailor so there would be no reason to stick with the short.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some good Havana sport coats? Would be my first sport coats as I want to step up my game at work. Even though no one wears jackets or suits I think a Havana sport coat might be okay since it is so relaxed.

So I'm wanting non bold fabrics but also not something that would look like an orphaned suit jacket. I want a navy coat with texture but not sure which ones are good.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhnguyen38