• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

krudsma

Reaction score
I've got an Indigo Ring Coat in size 2 that I'm looking to either trade for another color or sell if anyone is interested! Thinking $300 shipped in the CONUS, but would prefer to trade.

PXL_20240126_231249144.jpg

PXL_20240126_231323263.jpg

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happens to old models that are removed from the website? I was thinking about this: https://haruyama365.com/products/ka...-journey-remake-jacket?variant=39689714860129

Which is no longer on the Kapital webshop. Do they just get sent to the shredder and recycled? Maybe would show up on yahoo auctions?

Additionally, does anyone know when this jacket might drop?

View attachment 2133089

With the expansion of the brand some of the stuff is sent to other retailers, some items get bought by resellers who then flip it on eBay and similar sites, and the stuff that doesn't sell I'm not sure if they move it to their stores discounting them over time and the stuff that really doesn't sell likely gets put in the lucky boxes.

For the first example a few years ago they had the smiley tie dye sweatshirts on the site for a few months and it wasn't selling then suddenly it disappeared, a few weeks later it was on Mr Porter. I'm pretty sure that was the webshops stock. I've seen the same thing happen with a few other items.

wearingjeans

Reaction score
Anyone know of active proxies in Japan? I haven't reached out to anyone yet but am curious if anyone has one they recommend. Thanks!

grs

Reaction score
Do any of you guys ever hem your century denim? I really enjoy them but the cuff is just not my thing. While they aren't selvedge I worry the sashiko could be problematic. Thanks for the input!

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys ever hem your century denim? I really enjoy them but the cuff is just not my thing. While they aren't selvedge I worry the sashiko could be problematic. Thanks for the input!

Did it, works fine, but cut too short and I hated it so I opened up the hem and leave it raw now

Reactions: grs

ayayjawn

Reaction score
just keep in mind that they could shrink if you wash in warm water, i have hemmed all of mine. I hot washed a pair and they shrunk on me, now they're a bit shorter than i would like, but i live with it.

also, if anyone here is interested, I have a size 44 no.123 westerner jacket($400) and a size 3 boro westerner shirt($900) for sale. DM me if interested.

Attachments

• 833e1a12f53e404ca4362b02ca61a85e.jpg
    833e1a12f53e404ca4362b02ca61a85e.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 63

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics