• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spandexter

Reaction score
The texture is probably the nicest part. It's more subtle IRL because the color is more accurate in the first picture making the pattern less pronounced.

Tie is Drakes.

bitrave

Reaction score
My Experience with SuitSupply Copenhagen MTM

The Danish SuitSupply store opened this summer in Copenhagen. I have purchased from SuitSupply before either when in the UK or Germany and Online.
The Danish prices has been jacked up unfortunately but expected as salaries and taxes are higher in Denmark.

The Gentleman in charge of the MTM program in Copenhagen is named Alexander. I had given my MTM order some thought before scheduling the fitting. I wanted a 3 piece Dark Charcoal Suit in a Mohair blend. I wanted 'Con Rollino' shoulders, high armholes and inward pleated trousers with a high waist. All other details were chosen in the store with advice from Alexander. Some advice I took some I didn't.

I have sloping shoulders and a dropped right shoulder. I have a torso that fits a 46 EU and legs that fit 92 EU. My shoulder width due to the heavy sloping could fit a 44 EU. Before MTM I would buy a 48 and have my alteration tailor make adjustments. However the fit difference from off the rack and MTM is night and day.

I was lucky that the fitting session after mine had been canceled so we had plenty of time to discuss the details. I opted for Hacking pockets, a conscious choice that clashes a bit with the Italian shoulders. I also went with the widest lapels they offer. 'Con Rollino' is not an option for MTM, only 'Spalla Camicia' however Alexander did some magic so the result looks and feels like a 'Con Rollino' construction, it even feels like the stitching is pressed on the 'Con Rollino' side. I had opted not to have to pants taken up, this would be done in the store once I could see the suit on and deside whether I wanted cuffs or not.

After the suit arrived in the store I went for 2 additional fittings. The west and the suit jacket had to be let out by the hip, the side vents of the jacket had to be taken up a bit. I also chose Jort cuffs on the trousers that can be opened with buttons for cleaning. The second fitting took in the back around under the arms a small bit. The sleeve length is how I like it, advice was to show more cuff.

I'm very happy with the result and with the guidance that I got from Alexander. I would definitely recommend this service to others.

AlexHffK

Reaction score
A fitting is scheduled to take one hour. I was lucky that the next fitting was canceled so I had the opportunity to spend more time.
You can definitely do it in one hour if you know exactly what you want. The fitter brought me suits with different details so that I could get a visual feel for it, e.g. the hacking pockets.

The benefit of using the in-store alteration is that they are skilled in doing Italian style shoulders, Jort trouser cuffs and other details you might as well get when buying MTM. So if you would need the sleeve raised or pitched they could do it.

The suit takes 6-8 weeks from fitting to it's delivered in store. I required two sessions of alterations, but I was picky about a couple of things with the jacket, for most I think one could have been sufficient.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Anyone ever successfully exchanged a suit bought in Europe against the stock in the US?

A friend of mine was on a trip in Amsterdam and proxied me the wrong suit.

This suit..

instead of this

I had a different proxy situation that needed to be swapped but in store reps told me that the stock codes are different in Europe and they could not accept the return/exchange. However, a friend was successful in swapping a shirt from contacting SuSu via whatsapp.

Obviously if I am to make this work, I would contact CS via the same method but just curious if anyone has had this experience when it comes to their suiting exchanges. It might help to know that in my situation, the lighter grey suit is no longer for sale in the US which leads me to think I am definitely going to have to make this suit work. Thanks in advance for your input !

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BeraQueezy - I have heard methods other than in store work but that was an equal swap and not a different style. I would like to know this answer as well.

Last edited:

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Has anybody in Canada been hit with duty lately? I got a call from FedEx today requesting payment before delivery, which was unexpected since Suitsupply's website claims duties are included. I paid HST at checkout.

TOBestWR

Reaction score
Has anybody in Canada been hit with duty lately? I got a call from FedEx today requesting payment before delivery, which was unexpected since Suitsupply's website claims duties are included. I paid HST at checkout.
I got hit with duties one. I paid them, called customer service and SS refunded me. SS told me it shouldn't happen and that next time I should call them before paying the duties so they can arrange the situation directly with Fedex.

Willj

Reaction score
Good day gents,

I am planning on buying the suit below and was wondering if anyone could comment on the fit/colour. Does the blue pop out or is it more blunt like a navy? I'm a younger man and would like something a bit more my age so to say. Also, I currently have a Havana jacket, how does the Lazio fit in comparison? Finally, how is this suit relative to a suit from S&M (Specfically their new suits from the Zegna factory which look awesome) in terms of quality, feel of fabric, and fit? Are they similar to each other? Thanks everyone.

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P5009I.html

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I got hit with duties one. I paid them, called customer service and SS refunded me. SS told me it shouldn't happen and that next time I should call them before paying the duties so they can arrange the situation directly with Fedex.

Fedex called me back to reschedule delivery. I told them I'd like to sort the duty out with Suitsupply first and they said they already had, and that it had been taken care of. Just a waste of time.

freak1008

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I'm having some issues with returning my suits, have anyone has experience in dealing with this situation.
I bought 4 suits and got 4 return labels, but invoice for 3 only, I am missing 1 invoice.(this suit was sent to me separately from another warehouse than the other 3).
I tried to send them out today but ups wouldnt let me because of the missing invoice, and they were also asking me for packing lists in order for them to send it.
Did anyone have the same situation, I tried reaching out to customer service for the invoice but they are not responding just yet. did you guys provide with all these documentation when you were returning your suits.
I didnt expect the returning service would be this complicated...I would appreciate if anyone had some advice here.

flytothesky

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a Brand New Navy Washington Suit in size 36. Please check out my posts or PM me for details.

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
First pieces from the summer 2017 collection should start popping up by the end of the month (going by last year). They will probably continue adding to it Dec-Feb until all of it is released by then.

Looking forward to a charcoal linen 3-piece suit. Also, still anticipatiing for the outlet to open right around the beginning of January. Hopefully, they will have some Red Line shirts Thomas Masos fabric shirts in my size for half off. The Red Line shirts really are much nicer than their lower tiered ones..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrieMeyers