• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

perhaps my eyes are not that sharp, but the jort looks not only great (after some slight tweaking), but the shoulder dimple/divot issue was only really present on the sienna (and very noticeable at that).

Sienna's do this same thing on me. Part what Beatle said, plus perhaps partly how the shoulder itself is constructed.

RyanAnderson

Reaction score

perhaps my eyes are not that sharp, but the jort looks not only great (after some slight tweaking), but the shoulder dimple/divot issue was only really present on the sienna (and very noticeable at that).

Totally agree. I think the Jort looks great and don't think sizing up would be the right move at all.

Alve

Reaction score
I received the merano coat in burgundy yesterday. It's a size 98 and I'm about 189 cm, 78-80 kg, light athletic build. The sleeves are a too short, otherwise the fit is rather nice and flattering (I think). The fabric is what I would describe as medium weight and the color is more muted than suggested in the suitsupply photos (and in some of mine). It's an alternating weave of medium dark grey and burgundy, very nice. The belt on the back can be opened and tied (in a trench coat fashion) if one would like a more casual look or more waist suppression. The shoulders are basically unconstructed and lightly roped.
This piece is available at the EU webshop and it's priced as the casentino wool merano coats (299 €).

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
That fit looks spot on. Sleeves might be a touch too short as you said, but I can't see that as a deal breaker. Really excited now to receive mine tomorrow!

kasakka

Reaction score
Looks great! How much fabric is there to lengthen the sleeves? Does it have working sleeve buttons?

I have a 50 (as the 98 was not available at the time) and 52 of the SS camel coat on order and hoping that they'll fit me considering I have long arms but am not as tall as you at 184 cm.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I received the merano coat in burgundy yesterday. It's a size 98 and I'm about 189 cm, 78-80 kg, light athletic build. The sleeves are a too short, otherwise the fit is rather nice and flattering (I think). The fabric is what I would describe as medium weight and the color is more muted than suggested in the suitsupply photos (and in some of mine). It's an alternating weave of medium dark grey and burgundy, very nice. The belt on the back can be opened and tied (in a trench coat fashion) if one would like a more casual look or more waist suppression. The shoulders are basically unconstructed and lightly roped.
This piece is available at the EU webshop and it's priced as the casentino wool merano coats (299 €).

Looks great!

Remember to consider how it'll fit if you decide to wear a suit/blazer underneath, unless you already are, then just ignore this.

Alve

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

@Bureaucrat, cool it will be interesting to hear your opinion on it as well!

@kasakka, well the merano model has a "turnback cuff" so there aren't any buttons. I'm not quite sure how much the sleeves can be lengthened with this style. But it feels like the cuffs aren't really part of the sleeve (but rather sewn onto the sleeve) so it might be possible to remove them and reattach them a couple of cms further down. It might also be possible to "unfold" a bit of the cuff, making the turnback shorter and thus the sleeve longer. Sorry if I'm not making much sense, english is not my native language.
I'll probably take it to my tailor before removing any tags.

@MrTopCat, thanks for the advice! Yet I have only tried one blazer under (medium weight cotton, unconstructed shoulders), but that felt really good. Mobility was surprisingly good, and I almost didn't notice that I had a blazer under it. But I'll have to try a couple of different jackets underneath before deciding if I'm going to keep it or try another size.

kasakka

Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words!

@kasakka, well the merano model has a "turnback cuff" so there aren't any buttons. I'm not quite sure how much the sleeves can be lengthened with this style. But it feels like the cuffs aren't really part of the sleeve (but rather sewn onto the sleeve) so it might be possible to remove them and reattach them a couple of cms further down. It might also be possible to "unfold" a bit of the cuff, making the turnback shorter and thus the sleeve longer. Sorry if I'm not making much sense, english is not my native language.
I'll probably take it to my tailor before removing any tags.

Thanks for the info. I was looking into that coat as well but for some reason the measurements are kinda strange with what looks like fairly wide shoulders, long overall length but really short sleeves on all sizes.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased this suit online since I've been looking for another db suit to add to my collection for the winter. Its from a past season definitely since I'm sure I seen it on the website before, but just hoping it looks as good in person as it does online. Can't seem to find any people taking pictures wearing this suit, only people in the light grey Soho.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...prefv1=Contemporary-Soho|Contemporary-Madison

Last edited:

Celadon

Reaction score
Just purchased this suit online since I've been looking for another db suit to add to my collection for the winter. Its from a past season definitely since I'm sure I seen it on the website before, but just hoping it looks as good in person as it does online. Can't seem to find any people taking pictures wearing this suit, only people in the light grey Soho.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...prefv1=Contemporary-Soho|Contemporary-Madison

Better pictures:

n2pua

Reaction score
anybody here an owner of the YORK (nee: LONDON) fit ?

i'm thinking of buying the navy suit as a med school graduation present for the brother for interviews and beyond. thought it was a smarter choice for a doctor to be than the napoli (and don't think i spotted the lazio in navy) with the shoulders, lower buttoning stance, etc.

just wanted to see if anyone had some positive things to say or steer me away.

regards....

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm thinking of buying the navy suit as a med school graduation present for the brother for interviews and beyond. thought it was a smarter choice for a doctor to be than the napoli (and don't think i spotted the lazio in navy) with the shoulders, lower buttoning stance, etc.

regards....

I have a navy London suit. I like it overall. It's very dark, though, which fits my conservative field. I also like that it's generally longer than the other suit supply cuts in the same size, which I need. The fabric is just ok, but to me was a good first staple suit at a reasonable price.

MacGuffen

Reaction score

regards....

I like it a lot. If you have broad shoulders, however, the Napoli will probably fit you better. The York is a conservative (dark) navy, but it's still obvious that it's navy. Order both and keep the one you like best. That's what I did.

n2pua

Reaction score

I have a navy London suit. I like it overall. It's very dark, though, which fits my conservative field. I also like that it's generally longer than the other suit supply cuts in the same size, which I need. The fabric is just ok, but to me was a good first staple suit at a reasonable price.

just what i expected/hoped to hear. it's a first navy suit. something to get him through the first few years of interviews, meetings and days he won't have the white coat. once he starts making doctor money, then he can afford his own upgrade.

I like it a lot. If you have broad shoulders, however, the Napoli will probably fit you better. The York is a conservative (dark) navy, but it's still obvious that it's navy. Order both and keep the one you like best. That's what I did.

he has an athletic build, but might benefit with some structure in the shoulder (to help balance the drape/silhouette). As he's using it in the medical world, i think this cut is more appropriate for his needs (then again, i have only tried on and bought a jort). I guess there is the Lazio, but i could have sworn it fits slimmer, which won't be ideal for this once former football player physique. problem is, i'm in EU right now and didn't want him to spend on more than one suit (i'm going to end up buying it here and bringing it back with me. he's only ordering for fit so i know what size to get), but i'll evaluate over skype and go from there.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8