• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Can anyone give some insight on the m-43 break in? I have a 9.5 that feel nice but slightly tight over the top of the toe. I've never owned unstructured toed boots before, will the tightness break in with some wear?

Jpto

Reaction score
Can anyone give some insight on the m-43 break in? I have a 9.5 that feel nice but slightly tight over the top of the toe. I've never owned unstructured toed boots before, will the tightness break in with some wear?
I'd be a little concerned about the tightness around your toes, unstructured toes generally lose space as they collapse but shouldn't be tight. IMO any tightness around your toes won't get better with wear.

shiftyskunk

Reaction score
I have my eyes set on the Rolling Dub Trio Coupens. How should I go about selecting the correct size? My feet are 26-26.5 cms sitting/standing and fairly wide.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score

shiftyskunk

Reaction score
Yeah they're cool looking. I don't have any myself, but here is Standard & Strange's guidance: https://standardandstrange.com/products/coupen-mid-cut-boot-brown-horsehide
I don’t quite understand the size chart on the Rolling Dub Trio website. Why would men / women with different length feet wear the same size boots? And what does the last column show?
IMG_2733.png

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t quite understand the size chart on the Rolling Dub Trio website. Why would men / women with different length feet wear the same size boots? And what does the last column show?
View attachment 2121789
The last column says sneaker size which is never a good comparison. I've tried the coupens on in the RDT shop in Asakusa, and generally I'd say go a full size down from your brannock size. You could do half size down if you had a really wide foot and/or fill out the volume with thicker socks.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
View attachment 2121789
I’m no RDT sizing authority, but I would think it’s because women feet are very likely to be much narrower than male feet, even assuming the same length.

Like, my wife has big stompers and her feet are almost as long as mine, but half the width. And my feet are only D width.

averagebootenjoyer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here but have been appreciating from afar for a long time. I have some Lofgren Natural CXL Engineers in 8.5 I picked up last week. Fit felt perfect, they were hard to get into but nice once my feet were in. However, after wearing them for a week they've loosened up to the point of being far too big.
Curious if anyone is interested in trading for a size 8, or was interested in purchasing them for a discounted price (worn for a week, no box) Looking forward to any replies! Thanks

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Anyone with high arches and a high instep own a pair of lofgren engineers? I've always had trouble with too much heel slip for non laced boots. Wondering if it would be foolish to order the engineers over the m-43

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
selling these brand new m-43s in a size 9.5. I ended up keeping the size 10 so these are sitting around ready to go for $700 shipped

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 50

jyl

Reaction score
to all the RDT Coupen wearers, how well does it break in? Should I expect discomfort and ankle blisters for a longer period of time with these things? Appreciate all the tips

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here but have been appreciating from afar for a long time. I have some Lofgren Natural CXL Engineers in 8.5 I picked up last week. Fit felt perfect, they were hard to get into but nice once my feet were in. However, after wearing them for a week they've loosened up to the point of being far too big.
Curious if anyone is interested in trading for a size 8, or was interested in purchasing them for a discounted price (worn for a week, no box) Looking forward to any replies! Thanks
Have u tried wearing them with a thicker sock? A leather insole is worth trying as well. If the length of the boot is ok getting a smaller size won't help. If they were hard to get into at first a smaller size may be impossible to get on. Did u go down 1/2 size from brannock?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads