• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slowly unpacking the new gaff.

View attachment 2200943

View attachment 2200945

View attachment 2200937

Looking forward to getting this susu altered so its not as tight in the dad bod area.

View attachment 2200935
View attachment 2200933

Happy father's day to all the dads out there too!
Good luck unpacking! Good thing you have some juice unpacked to take breaks as necessary

Happy Father’s Day to you new dad!

I hate a suit sort coat that’s too snug in the “dad bod” area….

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dry cleaner in NoVa with next day service? I’d like to drop off a pair of pants tomorrow morning and have them back by EOD on Tuesday. Nothing fancy just off the rack trousers but need them back quickly.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_8609.jpeg Off to wedding!

bobbers

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dry cleaner in NoVa with next day service? I’d like to drop off a pair of pants tomorrow morning and have them back by EOD on Tuesday. Nothing fancy just off the rack trousers but need them back quickly.

For my not fancy dry cleaning, I had used Zips Cleaners. In by 9 am, Out by 5pm same day is their promise.

I found their dry cleaning "good enough". Working remotely, I don't wear pants needing dry cleaning so I don't go there nearly as often anymore.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a delivery inbound. Bought a lil souvenir in nawlins. Probably won't drink from it though :p

PXL_20240616_195829340~2.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm heartbroken that my tailor, Christopher Kim, is retiring at the end of the year. Do any of you have recommendations of a DC tailor, preferably Metro-accessible, who you trust with difficult work? I used Will Field many years ago, but prefer someone with a shorter turnaround time.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm heartbroken that my tailor, Christopher Kim, is retiring at the end of the year. Do any of you have recommendations of a DC tailor, preferably Metro-accessible, who you trust with difficult work? I used Will Field many years ago, but prefer someone with a shorter turnaround time.
I’ve used Tailoring by Esmeralda for my RJ tailoring since 2020 (sleeve and kissing buttons, letting out, and trouser hems and waist adjustments). Not sure if those qualify as complex. They have a mobile service for an extra charge but now have a storefront in Alexandria.

I also just stopped buying tailoring that needs adjusting since I wfh most days. $ saved.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tricky tailoring, I am looking for someone besides Will Field who can lower the collar and square the shoulders of a jacket.

Thanks

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else seeing this Cavour solaro suit in the sponsored links here?

would this be a true smith woolens solaro, any ideas? it's a bigly attractive price for something with full canvas and trousers long enough i can actually do cuffs. my only gripe about the Canadians lol

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also just stopped buying tailoring that needs adjusting since I wfh most days. $ saved.
Unfortunately, none of the dress pants I own are close to fitting. Some may be lost causes. I would like to think it is because of my meaty thighs and glutes from dedicated squatting, but it's probably pandemic weight gain.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mention Geoffrey Lewis every time this question comes up. Used them since 2007 and they are superlative.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else seeing this Cavour solaro suit in the sponsored links here?

would this be a true smith woolens solaro, any ideas? it's a bigly attractive price for something with full canvas and trousers long enough i can actually do cuffs. my only gripe about the Canadians lol

230g seems light for English stuff (non Holland and Sherry who seems more Italian in weights). If they are using the term Solaro I think it is supposed to be Smith's,but others in the UK and Italy does similar fabrics

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
230g seems light for English stuff (non Holland and Sherry who seems more Italian in weights). If they are using the term Solaro I think it is supposed to be Smith's,but others in the UK and Italy does similar fabrics
thanks!

the discount also was reduced so it was less "worth it" for me.

spier's got a lovely drago S130s version on their MTO so if the bug really bites i'll likely just do that and avoid the need for further tailoring after delivery, as up here in the 'dena area the only spot nearby has borked a linen 3-roll-2 coat twice now (pressing when i specifically said not to and turning it into a steve harvey 3-button special with flattened lapels) so i'm on the hunt for a new alterations spot.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picoclothings