• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Aurdelon

Reaction score
Is there a place in a Paris where I can try on CLinch or John Lofgren? Especially interested in John Lofgren Donkey Punchers.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Jodphurs out here? I've been thinking about them for a while and need some pushes to pull the trigger

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I had to get a pair of engineers after the m-43 became my go to boot. The m-43 is easily the most comfortable I've had and the engineers are the first to have minimal heel slip with my feet. They're a bit snug in the toe area which I hope alleviates once they break in a bit 20240411_111855.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Jodphurs out here? I've been thinking about them for a while and need some pushes to pull the trigger
Not Japanese, but I picked up a pair from Briselblack a few years back that I'm very happy with

These might actually be your size too

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Japanese, but I picked up a pair from Briselblack a few years back that I'm very happy with

These might actually be your size too
Would love to see some action shots and hear your impressions if you have some free time and anything handy. Briselblack was actually my (likely) frontrunner MFR

jyl

Reaction score
took the plunge on buying a pair of RDT Coupens in CXL about 10 days ago. I'm a brannock 9.5D~ with my left foot being a tiny bit wider and bigger than my right. Followed S&S guidance on sizing and went with an 8.5. The shoes fit well when I first got it but there was slight tightness on the sides / balls of my feet. It definitely did hurt a little wearing it too early on too much. Some light shoe tree stretching and light wearing and the discomfort was gone within a few days. This is only about week 1 of break in time and I'd say there's no tightness and pain anymore.

There's just perfect amount of space on the top of my toes, if you were to go even 0.5 down it might be a bit too big. Hope your feet aren't too wide for the last. These shoes are fantastic and super comfortable if your foot size is the right fit.
I have my eyes set on the Rolling Dub Trio Coupens. How should I go about selecting the correct size? My feet are 26-26.5 cms sitting/standing and fairly wide.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with RDT Coupon, 0.5 down bannock was not enough. Full size down would work better for my feet

jyl

Reaction score
If you have wide feet I would probably avoid this shoe and the ones with same lasts to be honest, unfortunately..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads